Electronic music

Rusakov

This topic is about electronic music. Do you like hip-hop, dnb, acid jazz, big beat, something else? All are welcome here. Discuss your favorite songs, groups or genres.

First to post a literal and resounding huge YES

DnB, Progressive House, House, Chiptune, Electronic Rock, Dance, I love electronic music. Don't even get me started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHINJmVR__g&feature=channel_video_title

first to post and a huge resounding "no"

You'd be surprised. Electronic music covers a wide array of genres. It's possible that you've heard some electronic music without knowing it and liked it!

DnB, Progressive House, House, Chiptune, Electronic Rock, Dance, I love electronic music. Don't even get me started.

Didn't know you were in to so many genres! If we're posting videos then I have a good neurofunk track.

On the "What are you jamming to?" topic you posted a dnb song that isn't ruined by lyrics. Another would be Inner City Life by Goldie.

These guys do a mean Neurofunk-DnB-Dubstep thing, but I'm sure you've heard of them. First one drops at 1:26.

Netsky's another personal favorite, his style of DnB and Liquid DnB is just awesome. I'm also a very big fan of Pendulum, their music is an orgasm in your ears.

I've heard of all four of them but I haven't listened to many of their songs. Thanks!

Of course dnb isn't the only type of electronic music I like. I'm into a lot of genres. I'm not particularly picky about artists either. I'll like some tracks from an artist, not like others and I'll enjoy/not enjoy different tracks from other artists.

I've heard of all three of them but I haven't listened to many of their songs. Thanks!

No problem man, but @ Pendulum: If you can get a hard CD copy of their newest Album "Immersion", or are able to get lossless audio files, get them. The album's amazing uncompressed. That's what I'm listening to right now. Good to know that there's somebody else on SFO who understands DnB/Electro.

No problem man, but @ Pendulum: If you can get a hard CD copy of their newest Album "Immersion", or are able to get lossless audio files, get them. The album's amazing uncompressed. That's what I'm listening to right now. Good to know that there's somebody else on SFO who understands DnB/Electro.

I'll keep the hard copy in mind. My birthday is less than two months away, maybe I can put that on my wishlist. I also noticed that there was an old thread about drum and bass but it sputtered out. Were there not enough people into dnb for that thread?

Edit: we could rope more people in by showing them this. I don't know how accurate it is and I think it misses a few sub-genres (the most obvious one to me is dubstep) but it's the only alternative for people who don't want to slog through Wikipedia articles.

I'll keep the hard copy in mind. My birthday is less than two months away, maybe I can put that on my wishlist. I also noticed that there was an old thread about drum and bass but it sputtered out. Were there not enough people into dnb for that thread?

Edit: we could rope more people in by showing them this. I don't know how accurate it is and I think it misses a few sub-genres (the most obvious one to me is dubstep) but it's the only alternative for people who don't want to slog through Wikipedia articles.

The DnB thread? I started that, and no, there weren't nearly enough people who listened to it to make such a thread useful. DnB is kind of a hipster genre, and I'm fine with it being that way. People are allowed to listen to what they want, you don't have to impose it upon them. As for naming genres, yeah, it would help if they knew that there's more than just "Techno".

As for naming genres, yeah, it would help if they knew that there's more than just "Techno".

Especially considering that "techno" is its own genre, not a blanket term for electronic music!

For example this wouldn't be considered techno, but it's still electronic music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHINJmVR__g&feature=channel_video_title

Can I second that entire post? :D

My most specific genre of choice would be Hardstyle. :b

In a broader sense, I'm more for the trance genres when it comes to electronic music. I just like Hardstyle because of the Melbourne Shuffle.

Pendulum was already mentioned. I'm not sure if scooter counts.

What do Kraftwerk and Scatman count as?

I think they both qualify as electronic. Especially Kraftwerk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPhj5xXoGh0

*WARNING* There's some hot bagpipe girls in this video, and when they're dancing in their miniskirts, you see quite a lot of buttocks. Fair warning to anyone that doesn't want to see it.

I like Electronic and Techno, but it has to be "fast" or "moderatly fast" or something.

Half the music I liek to listen to starts out slow, an dthen speeds up. I LOVE that!

I ♥ break core!!!

This first one is probably my favorite!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAe7gTOjgI&playnext=1&list=PLFBAE97DC468F9E5B

Now this Mario song... this song makes me sad, cause I accidentally had 2 copy's of it open at the same time, running just perfectly together, when I was done I realized this and haven't been able to play them together perfectly since :(

I also right my own electronic, well, I just started so it's not that great, but you may have seen it under the "non-starfox works" in the "creative works" section oh this sight.

I think the only way you could not like electronic music is if you only like the sound that comes from real instruments, I know some people don't like simulated sounds even if they sound almost the same.

So, related to the topic, what is it with furries and electronic music? Most furries I know like some form of electronic or another. I liked electro before I was a furry, but I still listen to it more than anything else. [/hipster]

Oh yeah, just going to drop a few more tracks here, but you can't enjoy them unless you get off your ass and dance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9GRu_3hfpM&feature=related

I think the first time I actually heard music that I could identify as electronic was when I saw Toonami for the first time. I think I was eight at the time. Here's a few tracks.

Anyone else have any stories about how they got into electronic music?

Ok... but most people I know who aren't furries... also like electronic... I think people just happen to like electronic and happen to be furries is all. That and the fact that if you are a furry you've probably heard of something called... THE INTERNET! I know this is ridiculous but a lot of people don't know how to use the internet very well, and thus do not here of cool things like electronic music.

As for, "Stories of the liking of the electronic." I never really liked music, I thought it was boring and all of it was dumb, but I loved video games and I loved the music that was played in video games so I thought, "Why doesn't music sound like this when it's not in a video game?" That's when I realized it did, just everyone around me didn't like video game music and thus I only heard crappy stuff I didn't like. So I started liking electronic music. Then Mr.Krystal was all, (This is a direct quote)"Yo dudes, I listen to music here listen to it too"(and by direct quote I mean It is not a direct quote) on this forum, and on that topic, two of the songs he linked where done by Renard, who is probably my favorite musical dude ever now + he makes video games sometimes and they are great!

Touhou got me into Techno and Techno got me into Touhou

True story bro.

This was the first real techno piece I liked.