Why do I have to make 5 posts before I can do some things?

DZComposer

New Members: You need to make five posts before you can have full access to all features of SFO.

The reason for this is forum spam. Sadly, there are those out there who like to fill sites with links to questionable pharmaceuticals and sites selling illegal and/or stolen goods.

It is not my desire to put up walls like this, but on today's internet, you have to take such measure to protect users and site content from that kind of behavior.

Yes, it is a bit of a pain, but it is the cost of a spam-free forum environment.

5 posts aren't that many, and most of you should make that many in a day or two.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

I like our rules. Helps keep the people who don't want to follow them out.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you were about to rant about comments people would tell you! :P

I think that's a good thing though. 5 posts is a postcount reachable in minutes, possibly just with the introduction thread! :D

Lol yeah i hit the 5 posts count in no time. So if some one is serious about being part of this site and fanbase the 5 posts is no problem. Lol when i saw the title i thought some one was complaining that they had to make 5 posts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I didn't even notice the five post rule, so I don't think it's that inconvenient especially if it makes it safer.