Jame's McCloud Aura or Texture glitch?

Chrono Reaper

Some people found this out but it has been a debate on other forums.

When you get to the Hard route on Venom 2 when you destroy Andross and not the imposter on Venom 1, you are led out by James who guides you through the catacombs till you exit and then complete the game. Well after your teams final thoughts and after the score window disappears, if you look up on the top left portion of the screen when the great fox passes by you can see a single dot of light in the distance pan across the top of the wing. Many people think this is the aura of James McCloud, making people believe that he is still alive in a sense. Other people say it is a background glitch of the stars not being connected together with the rest of the textures and that one star is just a fluke.

skip to 6:47 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZqzJBn3_M8&feature=related

Such a minute detail could've been missed by nintendo when they were running through it.. so all i can say is, play it on the 3ds and see if its still there. If so, id say it was him, otherwise im willing to bet a glitch.

Is it that significant? I'd think the fact that Fox's ghost dad just saved him from exploding is more poignant than a star sort of shifting in the distance.

Is it that significant? I'd think the fact that Fox's ghost dad just saved him from exploding is more poignant than a star sort of shifting in the distance.

it could be very important, we still arn't sure weather fox's dad is alive or dead or what ever, and if that isn't just a fluke....

It's not a glitch, as it is moving on a different plane than the rest of the backdrop.

It looks like a meteor to me. I don't think it is James, but I don't know that for sure.

Anyone know if it is there in SF643D?

I just found a YT vid of it, and it is NOT there. Hmm. Though it was so subtle, I can see how it could have been overlooked.

It would be an interesting question to ask Mitsuhiro Takano (SF64's writer).

I believe it was intentional because they extended the ending scene by a few more seconds compared to venom 1 ending, just to zoom out on the great fox. In the Venom 1 ending you dont get to see the great Fox zoom out as far as Venom 2, not to mention you aren't able to see that light traveling across since the camera doesn't pan out that far either. So only in the Venom 2 ending is this ever seen. If it wasn't that important why didn't they cut out the same time on the ending in Venom 1? That is why I believe they zoomed out intentionally to show that Easter egg.

I believe it was intentional because they extended the ending scene by a few more seconds compared to venom 1 ending, just to zoom out on the great fox. In the Venom 1 ending you dont get to see the great Fox zoom out as far as Venom 2, not to mention you aren't able to see that light traveling across since the camera doesn't pan out that far either. So only in the Venom 2 ending is this ever seen. If it wasn't that important why didn't they cut out the same time on the ending in Venom 1? That is why I believe they zoomed out intentionally to show that Easter egg.

ya i also had these thoughts, only way to be 100% sure is to double check the same route on star fox 643d

it could be very important, we still arn't sure weather fox's dad is alive or dead or what ever, and if that isn't just a fluke....

I don't see how a star vaguely twinkling in the background is more OMG SOLID EVIDENCE than that time James appeared and talked to Fox and led him out of the firey explosions and whatever. You know. That time.

If it is supposed to be James it's just a "wink" like the nine thousand movies where the dead but noble character appears in the constellations or clouds or whatever

hey the wink is awesome. It says here i am, still saving your ass even when im dead. Bo-yaa bitches.

I don't mind it as an end-of-scene button, I've just never understood why people flip their collective shit over it, considering James was only RIGHT THERE in the scene before.

That being said, I do think it's intentional, and that it is supposed to be James' ghost. The framing between the wingtip and dorsal fin thing of the Great Fox seems very deliberate.

I I've just never understood why people flip their collective shit over it, considering James was only RIGHT THERE in the scene before.

because its fun to make people rage over people raging... RAGE-CEPTION

Are you talking about the lights on the end of the wing? Cause like... that's just part of the ship, it has lights there... You will notice it flashes twice in the video. Just in case though, I'm gonna quickly replay the game and make sure that's in every seen with the starfox ship, i do recall it being in them all though. Pretty sure it's in all the smash bros games too.

Edit: yup

Also in area six of starfox 64.

No, look again. There is a star that moves, at a quick speed, down and to the right along the top of Great Fox. It is NOT the Nav Light on GF's wing.

I think I was looking at the wrong scene, I was looking where they are all running across on venom while the Great fox fly's off in the back ground, and after watching that like 10 time I concluded that there is no other light, but now I'm thinking your talking about something in the part where they are flying through space, I still can't find it, but that's a larger scene and I don't feel like looking for it anymore.

Also since the video got removed, here's a new one for anyone else who wants in on this.

You know, there is one way to see whether James is alive or dead. When you're flying out, have you ever tried shooting him? If the lasers hit and his ship turns red and wobbles a bit, he's real. If they go through him he's a ghost.

An even more reliable test would be if you boost enough to crash into him. Arwings do not collide with ghosts.

You know, there is one way to see whether James is alive or dead. When you're flying out, have you ever tried shooting him? If the lasers hit and his ship turns red and wobbles a bit, he's real. If they go through him he's a ghost.

An even more reliable test would be if you boost enough to crash into him. Arwings do not collide with ghosts.

This topic is more about the Star Fox 64 Easter egg at the end of the Venomian score tally than proving whether James is dead or alive. And you cant fly through James McCloud,. The game is programmed to not let you get passed him.

This topic is more about the Star Fox 64 Easter egg at the end of the Venomian score tally than proving whether James is dead or alive. And you cant fly through James McCloud,. The game is programmed to not let you get passed him.

It seems that everyone was discussing whether James was alive or not so I went with it. And no, the star is not there in Star Fox 64 3D. Either it was a glitch or it was intentional but Nintendo thought it was kinda pointless and got rid of it to stop discussions like this.