Theme in starfox music

psy_commando

Have you noticed that there is a recurrent theme in many melodies in Starfox snes ? I think its the notes of the main theme played with a different rythm :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13343993/StarFoxThemes_1low.mp3

In the last few its a little harder to notice though.

Yeah, I think it's kind of the point of themes. They represent things (characters, places, emotions, ideas...) so you can find them under adapted forms in different tracks.

Yeah, I think it's kind of the point of themes. They represent things (characters, places, emotions, ideas...) so you can find them under adapted forms in different tracks.

What do you mean, I never said the contrary ?

Hajime Hirasawa scored one other game, Time Twist on the Famicom Disk System, which never made it to the US (the game got into some satanic stuff, and prominently featured slavery in the South US). He did the same thing in that game's score, as well. One of that game's BGMs also sounds very reminiscent of the BGM he would later write for the map screen in Star Fox.

Here is a sample of Time Twist's score

http://www.corneriasound.com/misc/timetwist.mp3

I'm suprised I had these songs. I downloaded a file that had NSF's of a bunch of NES games. Probably every one ever made, seeing as this obscure was was in there.

Anyway, this is common in film and game scores. Perhaps the most obvious is Super Mario 64. Almost all of the level BGMs are based around the same melodic pattern. The score for Portal 2 used a pattern of arpeggios all over the place.