StarFox 64 3D improvements

Jo Jo  SmoOth

-Besides not having online, nintendo could of really made this game better.

since nintendo use new voice actors why not make some new levels(at least 3 new levels). i understand nintendo didnt want to over fill the lylat system with planets,but they could at least make this new planets hidden in the lylat.

-Moving on to mutilplayer. If nintendo is not going to add online, then at least make it 6 plyers. im sure your saying that, whats the point if i cant even find someone who has a 3DS. That maybe ture but at least you can battle with 5 cpu's.

Also, if its a remake then why not bring back corneria or the other space level seen in the original.

i would also add fichina and katina as playable maps(a total of 8 maps).

-i would add a new game mode called on foot.(only playable on corneria, fichina, and katina) im sure my ideas would have lots of replay value

-so tell me guys,how would you improve Star Fox 3D?

No new planets, please! Or planets that already have been mentioned or make sense in a way! :o

In regard of new missions, I don't see why you couldn't play several times on the same planet, so without making new planets all the time, you could just have different missions in the "same" place. I mean, we talk about planets, I believe they're big enough for at least two levels each! :P

I'd be perfectly happy with the "extra missions on the same planets" idea. That way 'Purists' can play the game just the way it was, and those looking for a bit more besides updated graphics could too. But I don't think there's need for more multiplayer maps.. There's just not much you can do different :/

Newbie Post 1/5 o(^â–½^)o

I'm in agreement with Psygonis since this is a remake of a game it would confuse a lot of people that have played the past four games and just wouldn't make sense but new levels on the same planet I'm a little iffy about that but it would be better than whole new planets.

• 2 weeks later...

-Besides not having online, nintendo could of really made this game better.

since nintendo use new voice actors why not make some new levels(at least 3 new levels).

Actually, most of the original voice cast was used for the 3DS remake. Mark Lund was the only new guy I knew about. He replaced Bill Johns as Falco, Andrew, Bill, and Caiman. There's another one there but I don't know who he replaced. Check the IMDB page for the game for proof. Adding new levels to a remake would just seem awkward to some.

If nintendo is not going to add online, then at least make it 6 plyers. im sure your saying that, whats the point if i cant even find someone who has a 3DS. That maybe ture but at least you can battle with 5 cpu's.

Also, if its a remake then why not bring back corneria or the other space level seen in the original.

Well, I've heard rumors that Nintendo is trying to work on getting DLC for their 3DS titles, so here's to hoping they'd have online multiplayer in the future. (EA made an online multiplayer mode for Dante's Inferno as DLC. It can be done) I'd rather see 8 player multiplayer be done, so we can have Starfox vs Starwolf in team based modes. I'd want to be able to choose who I play as in multiplayer.

-i would add a new game mode called on foot.(only playable on corneria, fichina, and katina) im sure my ideas would have lots of replay value

Assault had on-foot gameplay and that didn't work out so well.

-so tell me guys,how would you improve Star Fox 3D?

These aren't really "improvements" as they are "missed opportunities." As a standalone game, this may not be the best. But as a remake of a game made for the hardcore fans, it was spectacular in my opinion

Adding new levels to a remake would just seem awkward to some.

I believe that a few more levels would be a good idea, but not as the main game. Say you have to unlock them (maybe gain all medals???) and access them through the menu. There could be one where you take control of Star Wolf, and one where you take control of James!!

Well, I've heard rumors that Nintendo is trying to work on getting DLC for their 3DS titles, so here's to hoping they'd have online multiplayer in the future. (EA made an online multiplayer mode for Dante's Inferno as DLC. It can be done) I'd rather see 8 player multiplayer be done, so we can have Starfox vs Starwolf in team based modes. I'd want to be able to choose who I play as in multiplayer.

If Nintendo are making a multiplayer DLC I want 10 players (Fox, Falco, Peppy, Slippy, Wolf, Leon, Pigma, Andrew, Bill and Katt)! I think some team game modes would also be a good idea!

Assault had on-foot gameplay and that didn't work out so well.

Star Fox 64 had on-foot gameplay (Medal on Venom in Expert) and that was actually pretty cool. If you're talking about bringing that on-foot gameplay back, I concur.

Sorry if it seemed like I was just raging on you ZM, but it's just I think these would improve the game rather than just playing through the same old game again and again.

Sorry if it seemed like I was just raging on you ZM, but it's just I think these would improve the game rather than just playing through the same old game again and again.

I didn't really detect any kind of rage at all reading your post, but I still think these are just missed opportunities rather than improvements. To improve Starfox 64 implies that there were things wrong with Starfox 64 to begin with.

I didn't really detect any kind of rage at all reading your post, but I still think these are just missed opportunities rather than improvements. To improve Starfox 64 implies that there were things wrong with Starfox 64 to begin with.

To improve Starfox 64 3D, the remake of Star Fox 64. The game was good in the first place, but we don't want to play through it again in 3D, we need some fresh content. That's probably what this thread is about :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,starfox 64 was a good game and there was no need for a remake but nintendo did anyway. Adding online would be an improvment,it would make the game last longer...

And adding new missions on the same planet is great, ive had the game since it came out and unlocking medals is easy when you played the n64 version. Fans want something different and new comers want more.

this just tells me nintendo rush with this game, no new content was really added, just a useless battle mode.

If were doing new levels on the same planets, can I put in a request for Zoness and Solar? :D

• Owner/Technical Admin

Maybe a part where you fly inside an enemy battleship like in Star Fox SNES?

I thought the game was pretty good. The only thing I think it needed was online.

• 5 months later...

Yeah, being that it was the most anticipated possible aspect to the game, it definitely needed online big time. But hey, you gotta expect this since Nintendo has a tendency to do the opposite of what the fans want, or just ignore them all together. :P

At least they added bots. =/ That's something more games need nowadays, since not everyone can use online gaming (like me).

Yeah, being that it was the most anticipated possible aspect to the game, it definitely needed online big time. But hey, you gotta expect this since Nintendo has a tendency to do the opposite of what the fans want, or just ignore them all together. :P At least they added bots. =/ That's something more games need nowadays, since not everyone can use online gaming (like me).

haha lol you just did what I did before: dredge a topic :)

(anyways I agree with all of you ;) )

If I were to change anything, I would definetly change the fact that they got new voice actors. It would attract more of the people that played Star Fox 64. Also, they should make an online play mode. Because, at least where I live, NO ONE, I mean NO ONE has a 3DS, not even myself. So, who do you play with in that scenario?

I'm going to lock this thread due to age; it doesn't seem that the discussion can go anywhere that it hasn't already gone as well.

:lock: