Sector Z - Multi-Player mode

Ravior_Stygian

Something I have always wondered: Is the multi-player map of Sector Z supposed to take place inside the gas nebula? Or was it just some sort of cool thing that they wanted to do for the heck of it?

Well if it was occurring in the nebula itself it would be orange (or whatever colour it was) and you wouldn't be able to see a thing. I guess it takes place just outside of it like all of the Sector missions.

Also - I think they included Sector Z as a map because they needed a space-only map with no floor.

The 'Z' is only on one side of the map? Or at least I thought it was.

Nope, you're totally surrounded by what appears to be fire.

I believe it's just the colour of the 'Z' (X is green I think, and in 64 3D the Z is purple) and it does seem like you're inside the 'Z'. Hmm. NINTENDO!!! MORE PLOTHOLES (well I guess not really plotholes multiplayer isn't canon)!!!

P.S, they chose to leave Peppy and play as Slippy instead?

Im pretty sure they couldnt take an arwing through the nebula itself, too dangerous of an area because of radiation, debris, and the magnetic forces emitted. Also pretty sure it takes place within the proximity of the nebula itself, hence the term Sector. Just my take on it tho