40 inch Sony Bravia T.V. recall.

Vy'drach

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2048155/Sony-Bravia-recall-list-1-6m-flatscreens-TVs-melt-emit-smoke.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

If you have, or know someone that has, a 40 inch Sony Bravia T.V., it can catch fire spontaneously. Other sized Bravia T.V.s are not affected, and the article has a list of the affected models.

If you do have one, you should be able to contact a Sony center, and they'll send a guy out to look at and if need be, repair it.

Just a heads up in case anyone has one, so you don't go out to eat or some such and come back to find your T.V. burned down you house (though so far, no damage beyond that of the T.V. itself has happened).

Lol! Thats crazy man! Over 1.6million bad TVs circulating all over the world? I did a little research on where the manufacturers come from. The majority of the TVs are made from foreign Asian countries mainly Japan. I'd figured why they would fail because of cheap manufacturing. Sony Corporation of America has their head quarters in New York, NY. They design the items in America but the manufacturing jobs are over seas :facepalm: & :/.

Better than Microsoft and their 80% fail rate for the Xbox 360's. Though now it's down to a mere 50% fail rate. Though they haven't offered a recall for the faulty Xbox systems, nor did they really improve the design as the new Xbox is near as bad as the old one.

One bad model out of a whole line of T.V.s isn't actually that bad.

Thats true to think of the whole spectrum of all the TVs. The majority of all TVs are inspected by the UL (United Laboratories) before they are released for retail. If you see the UL seal it should be OK almost 100% safe to use. ;)

Plus keep in mind these things have been on sale since at least 2007, and they've only had 11 incidents to date.

Not bad, either. But they admit there is a fault with the product, are recalling it, or will send out a technician to inspect and repair if necessary.

And I've not actually heard of UL. They around in America?

Alrighty then. I'll keep an eye out for the seals, then.

Ha I have a Samsung! :P