What are you jamming to?

Vrance Movado

I haven't banged my head this hard since The Last Stand.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneWolf

• Dublinthefox

• Deploy

• Vulvokunvrii

You could certainly list your top 3 of each album if you want to. Indeed, Judas are quickly becoming a fav band of mine.

Rocka Rolla: Never Satisfied, and let's say Rocka Rolla and One for the Road can be a bit fun to hear.
Sad Wings of Destiny: Victim of Changes, The Ripper and Tyrant.
Sin After Sin: Sinner, Dissident Aggressor, Diamonds and Rust.
Stained Class: Exciter, Beyond the Realms of Death, Stained Class.
Killing Machine: Hell Bent for Leather, Delivering the Goods, The Green Manalishi.
British Steel: Breaking the Law, Metal Gods, The Rage.
Point of Entry: Desert Plains, Heading Out to the Highway.
Screaming for Vengeance: Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding on the wind, Devil's Child.
Defenders of the Faith: The Sentinel, Freewheel Burning, Rock Hard Ride Free.
Turbo: Turbo Lover, Out in the Cold, Locked In.
Ram it Down: Blood Red Skies, Ram it Down, Heavy Metal.
Painkiller: Painkiller, A Touch of Evil, All Guns Blazing.
Jugulator: Cathedral Spires, Blood Stained, Burn in Hell.
Demolition: Feed on Me, Bloodsuckers, Close to You.
Angel of Retribution: Hellrider, Judas Rising, Deal with the Devil.
Nostradamus: Alone, Prophecy, Pestilence and Plague.
Redeemer of Souls: Halls of Valhalla, Sword of Damocles, Dragonaut.

I believe "Chains" was one of the few songs by Priest not to have been written by any members of the band. I like songs like that and Evening Star due to my love of other kinds of music, and that I appreciate light breaks between heavy songs every now and then (hence why "Night Comes Down" is on my list too).

Dissident Aggressor is definitely a top song. It could end up in my top 10 at a later date if I listen to it enough. I need to listen to that album a little more on the whole I think.

Speaking of "Another Thing Comin'", I initially didn't think much of that song, but it very much grew on me over the space of a few weeks. The main guitar riff was stuck in my head all day yesterday.

I also love the older videos of Priest that see Rob full of confidence, if not in an empowered state; something that the vid for "Got Another..." pulls off really well (as do the lyrics).

Yeah, "Take these chains" was at least partially written by someone else, as Some Head Are Gonna Roll by the way. It does bring a different kind of music, but I just don't think this song is very good.

Another Thing Comin' is a great concert song more than anything else. The main riff is simple and catchy, the chorus is easy to singalong with, it just works prefectly as a concert last song.
Man, the old Priest videos are something. You often switch between the over-the-top bordeline "stupid" video (Breaking the Law) to that too serious ones where the band only plays, and then you reach Turbo and its wonderful 80s clips (Locked In is hilarious), and then you get a seizure watching Painkiller.

Well, now that Queen have been brought into the mix too (another band I listen to on occassion), I'd like to take this moment to ask if you know of 'The Darkness' and, if so, what you think of them?

I never got too much into The Darkness to be honest. They do good songs, but it stops here for me.

That being said, Mighty Wings do sound like a Queen song from the end of the 80s (a bit too much, even), and Open Fire would have sounded right at home on an album of The Cult.

@Snes1993 This is a good song, but I have to say I'm not too much into that kind of Power Metal :)

I'll probably stick with some good old Iron Savior:

Or, hell, if I want to bang my head:

Bang bang!

Rocka Rolla: Never Satisfied, and let's say Rocka Rolla and One for the Road can be a bit fun to hear.
Sad Wings of Destiny: Victim of Changes, The Ripper and Tyrant.
Sin After Sin: Sinner, Dissident Aggressor, Diamonds and Rust.
Stained Class: Exciter, Beyond the Realms of Death, Stained Class.
Killing Machine: Hell Bent for Leather, Delivering the Goods, The Green Manalishi.
British Steel: Breaking the Law, Metal Gods, The Rage.
Point of Entry: Desert Plains, Heading Out to the Highway.
Screaming for Vengeance: Hellion/Electric Eye, Riding on the wind, Devil's Child.
Defenders of the Faith: The Sentinel, Freewheel Burning, Rock Hard Ride Free.
Turbo: Turbo Lover, Out in the Cold, Locked In.
Ram it Down: Blood Red Skies, Ram it Down, Heavy Metal.
Painkiller: Painkiller, A Touch of Evil, All Guns Blazing.
Jugulator: Cathedral Spires, Blood Stained, Burn in Hell.
Demolition: Feed on Me, Bloodsuckers, Close to You.
Angel of Retribution: Hellrider, Judas Rising, Deal with the Devil.
Nostradamus: Alone, Prophecy, Pestilence and Plague.
Redeemer of Souls: Halls of Valhalla, Sword of Damocles, Dragonaut.

Yeah, "Take these chains" was at least partially written by someone else, as Some Head Are Gonna Roll by the way. It does bring a different kind of music, but I just don't think this song is very good.

Another Thing Comin' is a great concert song more than anything else. The main riff is simple and catchy, the chorus is easy to singalong with, it just works prefectly as a concert last song.
Man, the old Priest videos are something. You often switch between the over-the-top bordeline "stupid" video (Breaking the Law) to that too serious ones where the band only plays, and then you reach Turbo and its wonderful 80s clips (Locked In is hilarious), and then you get a seizure watching Painkiller.

I never got too much into The Darkness to be honest. They do good songs, but it stops here for me.

That being said, Mighty Wings do sound like a Queen song from the end of the 80s (a bit too much, even), and Open Fire would have sounded right at home on an album of The Cult.

Well, I guess the great thing about Judas Priest is that, like Queen, they've a whole variety of songs for different kinds of people. In many ways, it seems like we're on opposite sides of the rock spectrum. I've grown up on Britpop bands like Suede, Supergrass, Manic Street Preachers, and 80's rock like U2, Duran Duran and Ultravox, so I find their more mainstream stuff, even poppy sounding records like the aforemented the highlights, whilst what seems like someone who's into the harder stuff such as yourself is able to appreciate their Painkillers, Sentinels, etc.

Very few musicians are able to craft a such a broad range of music, especially under a single genre. I guess that's something to be celebrated.

I'll agree with the videos. It's a good thing they clearly didn't take their music too seriously. To do so would have drawn further comparisons to Spinal Tap. I do however wonder with videos such as Turbo and Locked In if they were aware of how campy they were.

Thanks for you top 3 lists. I haven't heard enough of most of the albums to give my definitive yet. Point of Entry, Ram it down, and the Ripper Owens albums are some that I need to listen to more of next. I'm surprised to see Delivering the Goods on there. I can't really get into that one.

I can understand why some aren't into the Darkness. But it was worth a try.

Alternatively;

And another candidate for the greatest music video of all time (not to mention David fucking Hasselhoff);

• Like 1

Well, I guess the great thing about Judas Priest is that, like Queen, they've a whole variety of songs for different kinds of people. In many ways, it seems like we're on opposite sides of the rock spectrum. I've grown up on Britpop bands like Suede, Supergrass, Manic Street Preachers, and 80's rock like U2, Duran Duran and Ultravox, so I find their more mainstream stuff, even poppy sounding records like the aforemented the highlights, whilst what seems like someone who's into the harder stuff such as yourself is able to appreciate their Painkillers, Sentinels, etc.

Very few musicians are able to craft a such a broad range of music, especially under a single genre. I guess that's something to be celebrated.

I'll agree with the videos. It's a good thing they clearly didn't take their music too seriously. To do so would have drawn further comparisons to Spinal Tap. I do however wonder with videos such as Turbo and Locked In if they were aware of how campy they were.

Thanks for you top 3 lists. I haven't heard enough of most of the albums to give my definitive yet. Point of Entry, Ram it down, and the Ripper Owens albums are some that I need to listen to more of next. I'm surprised to see Delivering the Goods on there. I can't really get into that one.

I can understand why some aren't into the Darkness. But it was worth a try.

Haha, yeah, I am more into the harder stuff ^^ That doesn't mean I'm against more poppy stuff, but I just think Judas Priest isn't that good in that kind of music. I do enjoy the more "commercial" records Queen made during the 80s for instance.

@OneUnder Thanks for reminding how weird Hasselhof video is. I guess the gif in your signature describes well how one feels watching this clip!

AtRUfwL.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is actually from a project I got to work on for Final Doom. I was glad to see it got such an awesome soundtrack.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you grew up in the 90's, then you might be able to remember this song: