• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneWolf

• Dublinthefox

• Deploy

• Vulvokunvrii

@Terramax Well, a new Priest record is on the way!

The video is ultra cheap, but the song is OK. Nothing extraordinary but a step up from Redeemer of Souls, at least production-wise.
The album will come out in March, and they start touring right after that. I'm still waiting for a proper non-festival French date.

If I have to guess, I'd say they'll visit Japan around the end of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

The Clash's version of this song is one of my favorites variants, but Bobby Fuller's is in a league of its own!

It took me a while, but I was finally able to find this song. I didn't know the name of it, which was why I couldn't find it, but thankfully, I was able to. And here it is:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. Such a great classic rock!

Even though Super Collider wasn't their best album, I still enjoy this album since I love slow metal sounds like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, it's been a long while since I posted on this forum, and on this thread. Last time, I was deep in Judas Priest's earlier work. I'm still listening them on a near-daily basis, but have caught up with their post-Painkiller music, and picked up their latest album, Firepower, on launch, and like it a whole darn lot.

Also still really into my other main favourite band, The Darkness. Their latest album dropped a few months back also and it has grown into a favourite of mine:

I've been looking into getting into other metal bands ala Judas Priest. I've tried Iron Maiden, but outside of Powerslave, they just don't do it for me. Their guitar solos are too long for my taste, and their lyrics are very hit and miss. And Bruce's voice isn't as strong as many other rock and metal singers out ther.

I have, however, just started trying out W.A.S.P., and have chosen to start with The Crimson Idol. Time will tell if I can get into them or not.

The album cut of The Reflex doesn't have the remixed intro that the popularly played version of the song has, and I think it sounds much better this way.  That synth just can't be beat!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rumor has it that a certain mid-2000s cartoon theme song was influenced by the base line of this Queen hit. 

• 2 weeks later...