[AESTHETICS] Twilight Princess vs Skyward Sword

Scourge

Twilight Princess' or Skyward Sword's Aesthetic visuals?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Twilight Princess' or Skyward Sword's Aesthetic visuals?

• Twilight Princess
    • Skyward Sword

Recently picked up Skyward Sword, and found I wasnt quite a fan of the visuals of it right off the bat... and by visuals I man aesthetic visuals not graphical quality (although that seems to have downgraded between games(ignoring that and moving on.)) So, I was wondering, how many of my friends/haters/bros/everyoneelse here agree with me, and how many are leaving me in this boat of hate alone.

And now to end this post off with a completly different tone,

me-gusta.jpg

SS's art style is perfect! It's the perfect mix of TWW, TP, and OoT. I admit, my favorite style is of course The Wind Waker's, but SS's is great. Twilight Princess had a nice one as well. I'm hoping they'll give us a darker Zelda on the WiiU.

Everything is so vibrant and pretty in Skyward Sword. A great atmosphere.

………in my opinion. ;)

I felt TP had more focus on it. It was consistent throughout while SS aimed to hybrid TP and WW. It did okay at that, but ultimately failed to output an atmosphere worthy of TP or Wind Waker.

I felt TP had more focus on it. It was consistent throughout while SS aimed to hybrid TP and WW. It did okay at that, but ultimately failed to output an atmosphere worthy of TP or Wind Waker.

Congrats on reading my mind and stating what I thought in a less insane, and less handsome manner, Milky.

They both look great, but I'd have to go with Twilight Princess. Seemed more detailed and I like it's dark tone.

I like both. TP has a better focus, yes, but SS is far more fun to look at with ALL THOSE COLORS.

Good question. That's what I always like about Zelda games, their artstyles shift so often but they always pull off the new look perfectly. I'll say TP for now, just because I liked the ambience of it, but I haven't really had the chance to play SS yet.

Oh, this is a hard one. Twilight Princess looks fantastic and real and wonderful. It can pull of various dark tones, which is necessary for it's plot. The only downside is, I don't think it's as vibrant and colorful as it could be. I know it's a somewhat dark game, but it lacks the uplifting ability in it's aesthetics.

Now for Skyward Sword. It can cover basically any plot theme, from sadness to giddiness, with it's looks. However, it distinctly doesn't look real. I blame this on the mechanics more than the cartoon-hybrid graphics. The way Link holds his sword, being 1:1 with the player, sometimes looks silly.

I can't decide. :I