What if you'd had to learn a new language?

Harlow

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which language would you rather learn?

"R3dFive..."

R3d and I aren't NEW news anymore. But all the same.

And dat German meme. It sounds better when R3d says it. X3

• Like 1

R3d and I aren't NEW news anymore. But all the same. me-gusta.jpg

And dat German meme. It sounds better when R3d says it. X3

SCANDALOUS.

ETA: At least your man speaks his native language to you. :T Steve gets all freaked out when it comes to speaking Spanish with me. I say something to him in Spanish, and he answers me in English!

• Like 2

Steve gets all freaked out when it comes to speaking Spanish with me. I say something to him in Spanish, and he answers me in English!

I can teach you different kinds of swears to get him to speak

Lol.jpg

bdf.jpg

I hear that French is one of the nicest sounding languages, you could be cussing someone out and it still sound nice. :lol:

spainsh becuase its logical for were i live. But i already know some basics. But aribic and chinese would be awesome too!

SCANDALOUS.

ETA: At least your man speaks his native language to you. :T Steve gets all freaked out when it comes to speaking Spanish with me. I say something to him in Spanish, and he answers me in English!

R3d's actually eager for me to learn German, and his friend Tanja taught me a lot when I was over. I've learned enough to be polite but I have a long way to go if I hope to manage when I move there next year. XD

You can practice Spanish to me! I don't know a word of it but I'll totally help you anyway! :3

Japanese because I have already took classes for German and French this year (altough both classes were for ten weeks each in college) and naturally speak English and Spanish due to my ethnicity, making it four lanuages. I am not kidding.

P.S. : For speaking French, you would have to speak very fast, 'e's sound like ou's, you would mainly speak in the formal way, s's at the end of words are silent (h's entirely too), and there are three accents for vowels.

Japanese because I have already took classes for German and French this year (altough both classes were for ten weeks each in college) and naturally speak English and Spanish due to my ethnicity, making it four lanuages. I am not kidding.

dang....i'm impressed by people who know 3 or 4 languages. I have trouble just learning a seconed one.....

If I could decide, I'd choose Russian. I still like them, and they're pretty interesting (minus the Commie part of their history), and the language sound sooo nice.

• Like 1

If I could decide, I'd choose Russian. I still like them, and they're pretty interesting (minus the Commie part of their history), and the language sound sooo nice.

I only like their accent :lol::P

anyways I've made up my mind now. I want to learn french AND mandarin

after like, many years. xD

• 6 months later...

I took Spanish in middle and high school and (mostly) did well.  From that I taught myself to read French, but I can't speak, write, or understand it in conversation.  Several years ago I decided to learn Russian, but I only know some really basic stuff since I found the whole "learn a bunch of themed words in the first ten chapters  before actually getting to any basic grammar" thing to be rather ineffective for me.  I also find phrase books to be rather useless since it's memorisation without actually learning anything.  It also didn't help that I was too cheap to get the accompanying CDs that went with most of the books.  I've also been trying to learn Japanese since sixth grade, but that hasn't really gone well.  So, I chose that for the poll since I'd like to play my imports and understand them.