Falco's adventure after SF64

Guest BlueRaccoon

Guest BlueRaccoon

The Thread title isn't spectacular I'll admit, but hopefully the story is a little good. BE WARNED:This is just the beginning, so there won't be alot of action yet. Also, I haven't read alot of stories about what happened to Falco between SF64 and SFAd, so I just went with the video games and my imagination. Also, I would love some feedback.

Falco’s Departure

“It’s been TWO YEARS!†Falco griped. “Ever since we defeated Andross, nothing’s happened around here.†He was verbally attacking the rest of the crew in the communications room.

“That’s not true.†Peppy calmly replied. “What about that riot we thwarted on the asteroid prison?â€

Falco chuckled lightly at the comment as he replied “That mission was TOO easy. Even frog boy was doin’ a decent job.â€

Slippy just looked at Falco, squinting his eyes, showing no sign of the smile he usually wears across his face, knowing he had just been insulted.

“There hasn’t been a decent challenge for us in two years!†Falco continued.

“Well, the important missions just aren’t coming in right now.†said Fox, jumping into the conversation, calmly trying to remind everyone who was in charge. “We’re just gonna have to be patient.â€

“Be patient?†Falco said snippily. “Be patient? Have you seen this ship? Does it look okay to you?â€

As much as Fox didn’t want to admit it, the Great Fox wasn’t exactly what she used to be. She still flew and the weapon systems worked just fine, but various parts were needing to be replaced more than ever and the funds to do it were becoming scarce.

“We’ll just have to give it some time.†Fox replied. “Besides, Slippy’s been able to do all the repairs we’ve needed so far.†Slippy smiled from cheek to cheek at the sound of that.

“Whatever†Falco stated before abruptly walking out of the Comm. Room.

He knew Fox was right about Slippy, but that still didn’t satisfy him. No, there was something else deep inside him eating away at his thoughts. I haven’t even been in my ship in weeks. There’s no battles, no need for any expert piloting. There’s not even so much as an argument here anymore.

Back in the Comm. Room

“What’s his problem?†Slippy asked. “I actually like our little vacation we’ve go going on here.â€

Fox answered this. “He just needs to blow off steam. We all know he has a temper.â€

He then closed his eyes and lowered his head. “He is right, though. We haven’t had a decent mission in a long time.â€

“I still say that riot was pretty darn intense.†demanded Peppy.

Fox lifted his head back up and looked at his old friend. “Peppy, just because you had to be there doesn’t make the mission ‘intense.’â€

Peppy was slightly embarrassed by Fox’s comment. He just looked at his arms and his fingers for a second before saying, “I can’t fight like I used to, Fox.â€

“Well, that’s what those gray hairs ’ll do to you.â€

Slippy was laughing very hard, holding his stomach in the process, as Fox pointed to the top of the old hare’s head. Peppy looked away from them and crossed his arms, giving the illusion of anger, but inside, as Fox and Slippy both already knew, he was giggling about it himself.

In Falco’s Personal Quarters

Later, as the clocks in the ship read 2300 hours, while the others were in their quarters, Falco was still wide awake. He thought some more about what he had said earlier. I’m not getting enough experience anymore. Pretty soon any scum in the galaxy ’ll be able to shoot me down. I honestly love these guys, but they’re holding me down. I can’t wait for them to find a job. That’ll take way too long.

He spent a few more minutes staring at the light on the ceiling before getting up and walking down the halls of the Great Fox. He visited every room, making sure to avoid R.O.B., who was both guiding and maintaining the ship as it continued it’s flight.

He wanted to remember everything he could about the ship he had called home for so long. Then, he whipped out his communicator and made a call.

0600 hours

Fox was the first mercenary pilot awake. He awoke to an alarm since no one can really tell morning from space. The very first thing he did after rising from his bed was lay back down on the hard floor and do sit-ups. He did this every morning because of his military training. He never missed a morning since his days at the Corneria Academy and he never quit sitting up until he absolutely had to.

Afterwards, he went out into the hall, heading to the showers, and found Slippy just coming out as well.

“Morning, Slip.†he greeted with a hint of glee in his voice.

“Morning, Fox.†Slippy replied more exhausted and practically still asleep. “I don’t know how you get up so chipper every morning.â€

“It’s the exercise. A little bit each morning does any creature good.â€

“Yeah? I’d rather exercise my stomach. I’m hungry.â€

They both laughed as they walked down the hall.

On their way, they found Peppy coming from his quarters, also barely even awake. As the two of them passed by and greeted the hare, he donned a different look, tilting his head and squinting his eyebrows.

“Isn’t Falco usually up at this time, too?â€

Fox and Slippy both stopped and thought about what Peppy had just said.

“Well,†Fox started, “sometimes he likes to oversleep. Maybe he stayed up trying to entertain himself. You remember he talked about being bored, right?â€

“That’s right.†Slippy added. “I’m sure we’ll see his big beak coming through soon.â€

They continued on their journey, but Peppy just stood at the door scratching his head.

Later in the day, there was still no sign of Falco. Around 1500 hours, R.O.B. was finally sent to check on Falco as the others inspected their arwings. However, the quarter had all his things there except him. When R.O.B. reported what he found, the crew wondered where he was. He couldn’t be found anywhere on the ship. They couldn’t even communicate with him since he didn't answer his communicator and left his arwing. Then everyone wondered how he even got off the Great Fox without them noticing.

The only thing they really understood was that the last thing he said was he was bored.

“He’s always been a lone wolf, guys.†Fox finally stated. “If he wants to go, we can’t stop him, but we have to move on.â€

So they continued traveling the galaxy, short one pilot.

-------------------

The part about the asteroid prison I admittedly was inspired by a couple of Star Wars video games.

Edited by BlueRaccoon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

There is a brief moment of language in this part. That's the only big warning.

The New Plan

Falco was aboard a small passenger craft. It was a civilian craft, with no forms of weaponry. It had room for more, but they were the only two onboard. He sat in the co-pilot seat while his friend, Katt Munroe, piloted the ship. She was very pleased to see Falco again; even more so because he was riding with her.

“So, Falco†she started, “tell me again where this place is you wanna go.â€

“It’s ‘The Pit’ in Downtown Corneria. You forget already?â€

“NO! It’s just-----aren’t you worried the rest of Starfox will be looking for you? Possibly on Corneria first?â€

“Katt, if they do, I’ll disappear again. You saw how easy it was to leave the ship. With this ship’s cloak you installed and my disabling the security sensors, I pretty much disappeared without a trace. Besides, there’s been no distress call on Corneria in a couple of years. They know me well enough to know I’m where the action is.â€

Katt then thought of how clever her companion was sounding. He even thought of where to go by what his fellow pilots think of him. He was almost as clever as Fox McCloud himself. Almost.

At The Pit

After a few hours of moving along space and landing in Corneria City, it felt nice to stop somewhere and not be restricted to the pilot seats. They quickly found a booth seat by the window, showing even more how confident Falco was in thinking that Starfox wouldn’t find him there.

It wasn’t as good as some places were, but the diner had a good rustic feel to it. The company ranged from important business animals with only time for a quick meal to the regulars who ate there for breakfast everyday because it was all they could do. The food was very basic, but usually very good.

The waitress quickly took their order and they began to discuss their plans.

“So what’s next, Falco?†Katt asked with much interest.

Falco looked out the window for a minute before answering “I haven’t really thought that far ahead.â€

Katt playfully toyed with his wing saying “Why don’t we just enjoy the time we have together right here?â€

He watched as the black feline touched and tossed the feathers on his left arm. He then looked into her bright green eyes as he said softly “These moments are all that matter to me.â€

She practically melted, sporting a great grin and caressing the same feathers she had previously played with. Her head was lying on the table, looking up at the tiny green eyes that were staring back at her. As she did so, he leaned in closer and softly grabbed onto both of her paws. The goose bumps quickly appeared on her arms as he leaned in as if to whisper something to her.

“When else are we gonna talk big money?†he said aloud.

She quickly slammed her face onto the table as he laughed at her. He was holding onto his stomach as she pointed and glared at him, with a bit of a smile showing itself.

About that time, their food had come and they continued their conversation while they enjoyed the hamburgers they both ordered.

“Falco, what are you talking about big money? I thought you just wanted some action.â€

“Well, I thought about it some more while we were on the ship and I wanna make some money while were doin’ this.â€

She took a big bite of her burger before commenting “What are we gonna do with that much money if all we’re doin’ is takin’ down bounties?â€

“But we’re not just getting’ bounties, Katt. We’re gettin’ back in the game.†He didn’t even whisper the phrase, knowing nobody in the diner would give a care.

She looked the bird sternly in the eyes as she said “Why the hell are we doing that? I’ve already got a record and yours was cleared after saving the Lylat System. What good will going back ‘in’ do either of us?â€

He took a big bite of his burger before explaining “Because we’re gonna need some better equipment. Look, we got your ship, but that’s it. I left mine on the Great Fox. I’m not drivin’ that one while I’m away from those guys. Plus, the only thing we both know how to do is fight and fly, unless you wanna start workin’ 9 to 5.â€

She thought about what he said as she drank her cola. They were two pilots with one fighter craft. They still had the passenger craft, but that wouldn’t help them in a skirmish. Plus, she wasn’t about to start working somewhere like the diner. Falco made some good points.

“Fine, but since you saved the planet, it’s gotten much more peaceful. There aren’t as many bounties as there were when Andross attacked.â€

He quickly took a gulp of his cola before he answered “First off, there’s always a few big prices out there. Organized crime never quits operating, you know that.†he took another gulp. “Second, who said all we’ll do is take down bad guys?â€

“But you just said all we can do is fight and fly!â€

“Listen to me!†he exclaimed as she pointed an accusing finger at him. At that point, the waitress came to the table and asked if everything was alright. They both casually answered yes and the waitress went back to serving another table.

He took the last bite of his hamburger and then continued “If we just hit bounties, then we aren’t gonna make it far. Especially down one ship. Besides, what is it that you do that keeps you from doin‘ any of this?â€

She looked down at her plate as she thought of the answer she was about to give.

“I drive that ship.†she said, pointing towards the ship they arrived in.

He just looked at her for a minute. “You mean like around town, pickin’ up animals? Public transportation?†he said the last part with a grin on his face.

Her eyebrows lowered and she closed her eyes as she asked him “Why do you think I have that ship? Did that question even cross your mind?â€

He thought about it and he realized it was weird that she didn’t come in her fighter ship. He slapped his own head after he discovered the oddity. She grinned a little as he did it. “It’s flying, at least.†she added. “It’s my private ship, too, so I set my own hours.â€

On that, the waitress came, took their empty plates and left them the bill. They split the bill between them, leaving a small tip for the waitress, and walked out of the diner.

At Katt’s private hanger

Falco and Katt just stood in front of the two crafts that were parked there. The Cat’s Paw on the right and the passenger craft on the left. There was room for another ship to the far left, but that was all the room besides the tiny bedroom where Katt’s fighter ship was parked. She was lucky to get that much room on public transportation money.

“Now we just gotta find another ship.â€

Katt then had an idea. “Didn’t you used to race in these things?â€

“Yeah, but I had a much faster ship than either of these two.â€

She then stood beside her craft as she said “This ship’s just as fast as any other ship. It can compete. If we‘re going back ‘in‘ we might as well go into something you know.â€

“Yeah, but you aren’t the best pilot in the world either. The guys in these races are FREAKS. At least they were when I was racing.â€

She then walked over to him and grabbed onto his arm. “Then you’ll have to fly her in the race.â€

Falco looked at her with his eyes wide as they can be. “I ain’t flyin’ your ship! I told you already I gotta get my own.â€

“Falco Lombardi!†she exclaimed. “How are you gonna get yourself a ship if you don’t have a ship to begin with?â€

He hated to admit it, but she was right. He looked down at her, still holding his arm, and told her “Fine.†He was irritated while she was very happy.

“Any idea where we can even find a race?†he asked.

She playfully pulled down on his shoulder and said in his ear “You’re the ex-racer. Don’t you know where to find these things?â€

He looked down at the feline and flashed a quick smirk across his beak. “I guess we can look around some place.â€

Edited by BlueRaccoon

Gotta say, I love it! I would give you more positive feedback but Im about to go to bed. Keep working though!

• 2 weeks later...

This is very good. This is actually one of the first SF fan fictions I've seen, but besides the fact, this gives a very good first impression. Once again Awesome job. ;) :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

Finally the action starts. There will be more language and some violence. Hope you enjoy.

The Race part I

It was like the site of any other kind of criminal gathering. There were guys with big muscles and even bigger egos, girls who were either half-naked or full-fledged psycho, and some of the fastest ships in the Lylat System. Most of these ships were obtained illegally and all of the drivers were trying hard to stay under the radar.

Falco arrived that night just as the crowd had grown to gargantuan proportions. There were many animals who had bets on tonight’s main attraction: an illegal flight race. Falco parked Katt’s ship among the other parked ships. As he did, he was met by a skinny dog with tattoos covering his entire torso.

“Hey, pussy cat.â€

Apparently, Katt knows this crowd pretty well. And she said she’d gone straight. After thinking that, he opened the hatch and jumped in front of the dog.

“You ain’t her!â€

“Nah, I don’t swing that way.â€

The dog was irate. “What you say to me?!â€

“I don’t got time for you, poser.â€

As Falco began to walk away, the dog pulled out a switchblade and went to stab Falco in the back. However, Falco’s reflexes were too fast for him and he missed the stab and had a blaster aimed straight at his face.

“You know, these things are pretty cheap if you can find a good place. Maybe you would’ve stood a chance with one. MAYBE.â€

The dog was shaking from tip to toe. He just knew he was about to die.

“You don’t know who I am, do you?†asked Falco.

The dog looked at his assailant for a second. “Yeah, now I do. Your that bird with the Starfox team.â€

Falco made the barrel of the gun touch the temple of his now terrified prisoner. “THIS BIRD has better things to do than fight with a punk like you.â€

“Yeah, you’re here about the race. Look, why don’t you let me go and…â€

Falco poked him hard on the forehead with his blaster. “Why don’t’ you tell me about the race.â€

“OK, OK! Just don’t kill me!†he said very nervously. “It’s a one-lap race around the Cornerian City outskirts. You need at least 1000 credits to be in the race and the minimum bet is 500. There’s five racers already in the race.â€

Falco smirked as he said, “Well, now they’ve got six.â€

The dog laughed a little, even in his ‘condition.’ He quickly forgot how close he was to death. “You’re gonna fly Katt’s ship in the race? I’ve heard you’re good, but lets not go crazy here.â€

Falco answered, “It goes just as fast as any good ship I’ve seen (He soon remembered where he heard that line before and laughed a little). Plus, I’m an ace pilot. I don’t need the fastest ship to out do those guys.â€

Forgetting his place, the dog exclaimed, “You’re kiddin’ me! I’ll kick your ass! Not even gonna fly your own ship, you…â€

Falco knocked him to the ground with the butt of his gun. As the dog was about to get back up, he put his boot on the dogs back, bent down and said, “You’re gonna do what now?â€

At that moment, more company was coming. It was an entourage of different creatures. At the front and center of the group was none other than Wolf O’Donnell. He and his gang walked straight towards the other two. The other animals there had noticed the action, too, but only Wolf’s gang actually got involved.

“Look who we have here, boys.†Wolf said loudly.

Falco looked straight at Wolf. He glared at him, but still kept his boot on the dog.

“What the hell do you want?â€

“Falco,†he said calmly. “I’m here for the same reason everyone else is: to make some money and show off my ship. I’m not about to let you bust the place, either.â€

That’s when the gang pulled out a plethora of blasters, held them sideways like any stereotypical gangster and aimed them all at Falco’s head. Falco could see he was in big trouble, but fortunately…

“I’m not here to bust anything. I just wanna race.â€

Wolf gave a quick smirk. “Yeah right. Like Fox doesn’t have you in the same small cage you’ve been in for years now.â€

“Let me tell you something. If I was with Starfox, we’d have skinned you and your goon squad already.â€

“So the bird has left his cage.â€

“I make my own rules.â€

“Whatever, bird. So where’s your ship?â€

Falco tilted his head towards Katt’s craft. Upon realizing what kind of ship Falco was planning to use, they all laughed to the point of pain.

“Katt’s ship!?†Wolf couldn’t believe it. “How the mighty have fallen! You would’ve been better off in your old crap.â€

Falco afterward took his boot off the dog and walked up to Wolf. “I don’t need my Arwing to win this race. And as far as you go, I’ll take you down in anything that can fly. Or did you forget that we kicked your ass along with Andross.â€

Wolf stopped smiling.

“You don’t have your buddies with you, so you better watch your beak.â€

“Funny, all I see are goons on your side. Where’s YOUR buddies?â€

At that moment, the dog, seeing the conflict building between Falco and Wolf, began to get up and run. However, Falco quickly aimed his blaster and shot close to the dog’s feet. The dog froze at the realization of what happened.

Luckily for Falco, no one else even seemed surprised by the shot.

“Don’t try that again, pal.â€

Wolf quickly rediscovered his humor. “Haven’t you ever heard the phrase pick on someone your own size? This racer ain’t worth fightin’. He’s a no threat punk who thinks he’s bad.â€

The goons all began sniggering as they watched the once big-talking dog shiver with fear at the sight of Falco’s gun. Falco looked back towards the dog.

“You racin’ this race?†he asked.

The dog shook his head up and down rapidly.

“Ok, then I’ll make a deal with you. I won’t blast you if you bet your ship.â€

“But that’s my ship, asshole. You can’t just…â€

Falco shot the ground again. “I can do whatever I want. After you tried to kill me, I should blow you away, but you’re lucky I need a ship more than I need to waste a little punk like you.â€

“Alright, deal!†the dog exclaimed out of fear. “If you win, I’ll give you my ship!â€

“No!†Falco answered back. “Here’s the deal: I already get money from winning the race. I say if I beat you, even if we’re the last two, you give me your ship.â€

“WHAT!? BUT…â€

Falco started charging a big red blaster shot. At the sight of this, the dog cowered on the ground and said, “FINE! JUST PLEASE DON’T SHOT ME!†The dog was burying his nose in the ground and crying as he yelled.

Wolf then said, “Told you he’s nobody.†After that he and his gang began to walk away.

Falco turned his still charged blaster towards the back of the group. He aimed his shot quickly and let the trigger loose. He shot one of the creatures in the back, with the shot going through him. Luckily, though, no one else was in front of the animal.

Luckily, no one else in the large group seemed to care. Just Wolf’s gang. They quickly turned around and aimed their guns at Falco, but Wolf held up a paw to say ‘hold your fire.’ He turned around and snarled at Falco.

“You better watch your back, bird. You race me and I’ll make sure you don’t even leave the track.â€

Then the group continued walking away, the dead body still lying on the ground and Falco still holding his blaster. The others watched their backs, but Wolf just looked forward and walked on.

The dog was still on the ground. He looked over at the dead body and realized that he could’ve been that creature. He looked back at Falco, who was then looking back at him.

“Unless you wanna be that guy,†he said pointing to the dead body. “maybe you should leave Katt alone, too.â€

The dog quickly shook his head again and ran off.

--------------------------------------

There was more inspiration for this part. Got inspired by The Fast and the Furious and Death Race.

• 1 month later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

I usually do more than two drafts before posting the final draft, but I don't expect to be posting on here for a little while because college just got started. I just want to put this up while I'm not swamped with work yet. Like I said, I only did two drafts of this, so it's probably not as good as the other parts.

---------------------------------------

The Race part II

Falco walked over to the bookie, pulled some money out of his pocket, and paid the entrance fee. As he did, he noticed that the bookie was always smiling, probably because everyone practically gave him their money the entire time. He also dressed in a suit, most likely trying to look as professional as possible. However, he also wore a pair of brass knuckles.

“You wanna enter the race in THAT!?†the bookie couldn’t help shouting.

“Yeah, I do.†Falco answered calmly. I guess they all expected the Arwing.

The bookie was laughed like a mad man. “The lowest odds I have so far is 10 to 1 on Talon. I’d give you about 100 to 1 against these bastards.â€

“Alright, fine. Where’s the starting line?â€

“It’s just over there.†he said, pointing towards the biggest part of the crowd. “Just park next to any of the other guy. I’ll tell them your crazy-ass is in and continue taking bets.â€

After listening to the guy talking under his breath, Falco quickly got in Katt’s ship and started heading towards the location.

Just as he touched down in his spot behind the line, which was made using blue paint, a video screen lit up in the ship.

“Hey Falco, What’s goin’ on?â€

Falco flipped a switch under the video screen and answered, “Just about to start the race. Katt, I thought you said you were out of the game.â€

“What’re you talking about?â€

“I just finished ‘talking’ with one of the racers here and he remembers you.â€

“So do half the scumbags out there. You know I was popular.â€

“Well, I told the creep to stay away from you or I’d blast him.â€

“Falco! Stay out of my personal life!â€

“Tell him not to stab at me then.â€

“Well…at least your in a race. Anyone else I know there?â€

“The creep’s racin’. There’s a guy named Talon I think I remember. There’s two other guys I don’t know and, oh yeah, Wolf’s in it, too.â€

“Wolf!? That’s surprising. He’s not exactly the illegal air race type.â€

“My thoughts exactly. I can take him, though the others don’t seem to think so.†he said this with a chuckle.

“Surely they know who you are.â€

“Yeah. It’s not me; it’s the ship. It’s not exactly popular here.â€

“Well what’s wrong with my ship?â€

“I think they expected the Arwing. I told you there’d be some serious competition.â€

“And I told you my ship’s just as good as anyone else’s. You better win, Falco.â€

Katt gave him the meanest glare he’d ever seen before signing out. She’s serious about her ship. Of course, this is a piece of crap compared to my Arwing, but I won’t tell her that.

Just then a big, black crow tapped on the glass cockpit shell. As Falco looked up, his beak opened wide and his eyes followed likewise. He quickly opened the cockpit and jumped out of the ship.

He was a huge bird. His feathers were pure black without a hint of any other colors. His eyes were orange like a sunset. His beak was pointed and sharp like a well-crafted sword. He wore a red flight suit with his name engraved in big, black letters.

“Talon!†Falco started. “I thought it was you here.  What’s up?â€

“Gave up fightin’ and started flyin’ like I should be doin’.â€

“You didn’t give up the muscles, I see.â€

“Well, you know.†Talon said as he flexed his wings, being as big a showoff as he could. “I thought you were with Starfox, kid.â€

“Hey, I do my own thing. Fox and his crew aren’t my whole life, you know.â€

“I don’t know about that, but it’s good seein’ you again.â€

“Hey, enjoy it. Next time, you’ll see me out in front of everyone.â€
“We’ll see, kid. I’ve been practicing’.â€

“In case you hadn’t noticed, so have I.â€

Talon just stared at him for a minute. “Strong words for someone flyin’ a piece of crap.†Then, he walked back to his ship, which was black and red to match him.

It’s like they don’t even know me. They just wanna talk about the ship.

Soon, a medium-build dog announced the race was going to start. They couldn’t start immediately because the cops were too much of a threat. However, after a stolen police radio reported a gang war in progress, the police were no threat at all. Everyone began to reenter their ships.

As Falco got back into his, the video screen displayed one missed call and one new message. Falco hit the message button as he prepared to fly the ship. A video began playing with Slippy in it.

“Katt, have you seen Falco? The guy just left us and we thought you might have at least seen him somewhere. Contact us if you see him anywhere. Bye.â€

Falco immediately deleted the message.

Edited by BlueRaccoon

• 2 months later...

Falco is a near-complete ahole. Cool story :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

I am working on the next part now. I've been a little busy with college, but now my finals are wrapping up and I've got some more free time. Also, and I don't mean to beg, but can I have a little bit of constructive criticism? I mean am I doing anything wrong? You can tell me.

• 1 month later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

I finally finished the next part.  Sorry it has taken so long.  I will try to be more punctual in the future.  Also, to Snes1993, I will take your advice, but I didn't writing this part.  Hope you like it.

The Race part III

With all the other racers in position, Falco made his way to the far right side of the line.  As he prepared the ship, he looked to his left and saw his friend Talon flexing his muscles again.  Falco just rolled his eyes and looked back to the front.  He’s even more full of himself than before.  Hell, that’ll make this easier.

As everyone got set and the crowd grew more restless, a camera emerged and was pointed towards the bookie.  The pilots watched their video screens as the bookie became the center of attention.

“All bets are in and all final.  All ships are ready, so let’s do this.† With that he paused for anticipation, sensing the crowd waiting anxiously for the ships to fly off.  He watched them all cheer and heard them all howl like crazy.  Then, he peered straight into the camera, in effect looking at the racers, and said “Well, what the hell you waitin’ on.  GO!â€

At that, all the pilots ignited their boosters and they all left from the starting line in complete unison.

Corneria City itself was a rough circle, so most of the race, like any legal race, involved mostly left turns.

Talon initially pulled away as the leader, but he was contested by Wolf, with Falco coming up behind them.  The other three racers fought hard in the back of the pack.  The scrawny dog from before, with his ill-painted green and white fighter, did move slowly beside Falco, but he was soon bumped from the side and made to fall back into last position.

About a fourth of the way around, Wolf and Talon were still fighting hard.  Bumps and trash talk were exchanged and none showed any signs of giving in.  Falco was following close behind them, but he just couldn’t reach.  His top speed only slowly changed at the rate he was going.  This ship IS a piece of crap.

Near the halfway mark, one of the pilots Falco didn’t know began to catch up to him.  The other two were also catching up, but at a much slower pace.  Then,  something strange happened.

Wolf suddenly pulled back quickly, putting himself completely behind the pack.  He swiftly regained his speed once he was in position.  That was no accident.  What the hell’s going on?  Falco smashed the button on his communicator.

“Talon!†he exclaimed.  “That maneuver Wolf just pulled was planned.  Watch him.â€

“Cool your feathers, kid.† Responded Talon.  “This guy’s nothing’.â€

“I’ve seen him in action, Talon.  I’m serious.â€

Wolf soon pulled to the right of one of the unknown racers,  whom was in an orange fighter, and bumped him as if they were fighting for the win.  Confused, the orange fighter pilot began maneuvering, but he couldn’t shake Wolf.  He continued until Wolf suddenly left his side.  “Where the hell that asshole go?!†he said to himself.

Wolf bided his time until he saw his opportunity.  He didn’t have to wait long, though.  When the time came, he plowed into the orange fighter and forced him, and the other unknown pilot who was only close behind them, towards the city.  Falco, Talon, and the scrawny dog all watched in horror as Wolf’s plan started becoming clear.

Closer to the city, there was even more mayhem.  It was the gang war that was reported earlier.  The Cornerian Police Force, CPF, were in full force trying to bring down the conflict, but it wouldn’t end anytime soon.  There were at least fifty thugs all together, with weapons ranging from small pistols to fully automatic laser rifles.  Three whole blocks were locked down because of it.

Wolf aimed the ships perfectly.  He slammed his wing hard into the orange fighter’s right wing, breaking it and causing the ship to lose control.  The other fighter was caught by the out of control ship and took damage as well.  They both lost altitude rapidly, heading for the middle of the conflict below.

They glided between the CPF and one of the gangs.  Knowing the danger he was in, the orange fighter pilot tried to fly away.  He remained calm as he pulled back up, reset his boosters, and wobbled as he flew away.  The other pilot simply crashed and couldn’t get back up.  He was being peppered with gun fire before he realized anything.   He tried to grab his weapon and fire back, but a few stray shots crashed through the cockpit and ended his attempt.

“What the hell was that?!† an officer shouted.

Another officer, of higher rank, grabbed his communicator and reported, “HQ, be advised, we’ve got fighters in the area possibly related to the fight.  Request back-up.  Repeat, request back-up.â€

Back in the air, the other pilot, though short a wing, returned to the race.  The truth was that was his only option for now.  He needed to hide out, but the area he was in was locked down.  He just hoped Wolf was done with him.

Falco soon appeared on his left side.  Even though Falco really needed the money and the new ship, his instincts made him check on the racer.  Most likely his experience with Starfox taught him that.

“You alright?†he asked.

The other pilot appeared on Falco’s screen.  “Yeah, but the other guy’s still down there.  Probably dead.â€

“What’s going on?â€

“You tell me.  I’ve never dealt with Starwolf before.  I don’t know why he’s after me.â€

Before anything else could be said, the other pilot buzzed off the screen.

Wolf was back on the attack.  He was behind the pilot’s ship, shooting the ship with an onslaught of laser fire.  Showing superior piloting skills, the pilot dodged as best as he could.  However, without his complete stability, he soon succumbed to the attack and exploded right in Falco’s view.

The bookie appeared on Wolf’s screen immediately after the attack.  With the veins showing on his head and the drastically arched eyebrows, he was clearly pissed off.

“What the hell’s your problem!?  First, you bring CPF attention down on us.  Now you kill one of my money makers.  If you think any of the winnings are yours, you’re out of your damn mind!â€

Wolf simply laughed at this outburst.  He responded “You might want to check your money again.â€

“I’m looking right at it, dumb ass.â€

“Good.â€

Wolf pulled a trigger on his control panel.  A beep was heard on the screen.  Then the bookie buzzed off the screen and Wolf laughed even more.  Leon’s gonna be pissed that he missed this he thought happily to himself.

Falco got behind Wolf and soon appeared on Wolf’s screen.

“I knew you couldn’t be just racing.â€

“It’s just another job, bird.â€

Falco powered up his blasters.  “You know I can shoot you down easily.â€

“What about them?â€

Falco looked all around him.  On his left, coming from the city, were five CPF ships, all heading towards him and Wolf.

He looked back in front of him and targeted the Wolfen.  “One way or another, you’re going down.† He fired a flurry of lasers, but the Wolfen was too quick.  He dodged and rolled as Falco continued to attack.  Then some lasers came from behind as CPF opened fire behind Falco.

It was a bad situation.  He had to dodge five CPF ships while attacking Wolf.  Even a pilot of his status couldn’t handle that situation much longer.

“Hey, bird-breathe†Wolf appeared on the screen.  “This has been fun, but I’m bored now.  I’ve got a lot of money to collect, anyway.  But let me give you a good-bye present.â€

After that, a hatch opened on the back of the Wolfen and many small red orbs flew out.  Falco tried to dodge them, but he was still hit.  Sparks flew out of each orb, including the one stuck on his cockpit window, and Falco suddenly realized what they were:  Immobilizers.  His systems began shutting down and the ship was falling rapidly towards the ground.  Three CPF ships were hit as well, falling slightly faster than Falco.  He tried to stabilize the ship, but once the controls were offline, only gravity was moving the ship.

BOOM!!!

The ship was totaled.  Fire was everywhere except for the cockpit, where Falco laid in complete pain and barely conscious.  He looked up once and saw a blurred, wrecked police ship straight in front of him.  Then, he only saw black.  His head fell weightless onto the controls.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

I am sorry to say this, but I will need to stay away from here for a little while. School is getting crazy and I've got a lot of personal issues to take care of. I do plan on finishing this story, but for now, I'll see ya'll later.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

I hate to sound dramatic or anything, but I'm not finishing this story. I just don't feel inspired by it anymore. I didn't have a good plan for it to begin with, either. Sorry. I don't know if it's popular enough for this, but maybe if someone wants to steal this plot, that would be fine with me. But, I'm done.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

At the risk of sounding even more dramatic and losing any fans because of my impulsive nature, I take back what I said about ending the story.  I will continue it.  It's true that I haven't thought much into it, but I think I can still write it (I got this far.  Also, it can't be any bit as bad as Lost was on TV).  I'll try to keep up with everything  better.  My bad and hope you'll stick around to see what happens.

• 1 month later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

I will be graduating college in about two weeks.  After which, I will try to be here regularly.  I'm just writing this message to let the higher ups know I'm still here.  Don't lock me down, please.

• 1 month later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

Finally, here’s the next part. Sorry it took me so long. I’m officially through with college and now I have more time to write. As I’ve said before, I’d really like some feedback if you’re willing to give it. One final note: I do kinda have a plan for this story. It’s not a total plan, but I do have an outline. I said I didn’t, but I do. Sorry I lied. : ( Now my mind is a little clearer now, so here we go. Hope you like it.

Note: This scene does discuss a bombing that occurred in the last scene. I did not intentionally mean for it to resemble the Boston bombing (just in case somebody gets angry or anything. I’m just being careful).

Recovery

He was alive again. It was as if he’d only been asleep the entire time. He opened his eyes slowly. At first, all he could see was a blur. Almost nothing. After several minutes, though, his sight began to return.

He was no longer in his cockpit. He was in a small aqua-colored room, barely conscious. There was a large window to his left and the door to his right. He felt something on his head, almost like cloth. He was in a bed with numerous buttons, including one specifically labeled ‘nurse.’

For an hour after discovering he was in a hospital, he simply thought about all that had happened. What happened? Why did Wolf blow that guy away? He closed his eyes, visualizing the situation.

It had to have been done for ulterior motives. To begin with, the only other guy he fought was me. ‘Course, I started that last fight. Maybe he was going after the other guy who died, too. And what about the crowd back at the line? I’m sure that wasn’t just static that hit them. They’re probably dead, too. But why? Even Leon only does minimal murder jobs. Wolf just went on a rampage. What’s going on?

While he was thinking, someone entered his room. She was a white dog dressed in business attire. She had a young figure, but her face began to show subtle signs of aging. For instance, her forehead was just beginning to become wrinkled. She was escorted by a nurse, whom shut the door upon the white dog coming inside the room.

She sat by Falco, at first simply making notes on her legal pad. She wasn’t sure if he was even awake. However, upon seeing his eyes wonder about the room, she began to speak.

“You took a rather nasty fall, Mr. Lombardi†she weakly attempted to make conversation.

His eyes darted, without moving his head, quickly towards the sound of her voice. He didn’t recognize the woman. He wondered for a few minutes what she was doing there.

“My name is Kelly Connor†she laughed a little bit. “Surely you remember who I am.â€

He decided that time to move his entire head. He looked the woman in the eyes. He tried to find something he remembered about her. However, he just shook his head at her.

“It doesn’t matter right now. I’m investigating the murders that occurred two days ago. One pilot was pushed into a gang war and shot multiple times. The other was shot down by Wolf O’Donnell. He was also involved in the bombing that day as well.â€

“You know more than I do†Falco said weakly, but with his usual charm.

She got up and walked over to Falco’s bed. “That’s the issue. No one knows what’s going on. Besides half of the punks denying ever being at the race, the rest are just as confused. Mass murder just doesn’t fit the description.â€

He sat-up slowly and looked directly at her. “I told you I don’t know anything.â€

“That’s just it!†she said, leaning closer towards him. “Not only do they not know, but we don’t know anything either. We can’t even find where he’s hiding. We really need your help.â€

“Do I need to spell it out for you, lady: I DON’…â€

He was interrupted by a heavy slap to the right side of his face. Her fur bristled as the slap was delivered and her face was the image of fierceness, with her fangs out and her eyes focused on her target. Falco got angry as well, but before he could retaliate, she had both his wings held down and glared fiercely into his eyes.

“Do NOT raise your voice to me, Mr. Lombardi!â€

She let go of him and he just sat-up looking at her. Watching her. She let go, suddenly calm, and Falco just continued watching her.

“I don’t think it should surprise you that I want your skills more than any answers that you may have.â€

Falco was irate. “What!? First off, I’m hurt so I can’t do nothing‘. Second, you just attacked me. I ain’t workin’ for you.â€

She moved closer to his face, as if to attack him again. “I talked to your doctor and she says you’ll be fine in two weeks. It’s just a minor head injury. Also, before you refuse my offer, answer me this: You were in a major wreck given international attention because of the murders. Why aren’t any of your Starfox friends here?â€

He hadn’t really thought about that before, but they were not there. He though maybe they were outside the room. He couldn’t believe they weren’t there at all. They cared too much for him as a team member. As family.

“I made sure they weren’t here†Connor continued. “When the emergency calls were made, I halted any communication with your team. I even had some dogs hack Starfox’s systems so they wouldn’t even know anything that happened on Corneria.

He glared at her menacingly, but he was also relieved he was still on his own. She could tell it as well.

“I wanted you apart from your heroes and I know you want the same thing. So here’s the choice you have to make: Either you work for me or I personally call the Great Fox and tell them where you are.â€

Falco continued to glare at her. She’s bad news. I can tell she’s not bluffing, though. She kept them from coming here, I’m sure she can bring them here just as easily.

She pulled out a keypad and began typing on it. After she finished typing, mechanical and electrical noises could be heard. This went on for another minute, with both animals looking at each other, until…

“This is Peppy of the Starfox team.â€

She had called them. Falco began waving his wings frantically at the woman. He whispered “OK, fine. I’m in.â€

“Hello?†Peppy asked curiously.

She smiled at Falco and communicated to Peppy “This has been a test of the emergency frequency line to Starfox from Corneria City. Thank you for your cooperation.†She disconnected before anything else could be said.

“So what am I into, now?†he asked, unhappily.

“Right now, just get better. Then I’ll put you and your cooperatives in the field.â€

“My cooperatives?â€

“I’ve contacted your friend Talon and he’s agreed to assist you. I figure he posed no threat nor provided any further leverage against you. Also, your partner Katt Monroe may be of use under your discretion. I did not do all of the work for you. I’ll brief you upon flight to your first target.â€

Before Falco could even speak, having already pointed his right wing, she interjected “Don’t worry! My associates have procured you a ship. We confiscated the green and white racer from the race you were in. And as far as your racing buddy, he’s serving time in the southwest jailhouse on charges of illegal racing, attempted murder and for some ‘interesting’ substances we found in his racer. I guess we have you to thank for that arrest. It will be outfitted for you in time for the mission.â€

She then gathered her legal pad left on the chair and coolly left the room.

Falco contemplated everything he had been told. I guess I should be happy I’ll figure out what Wolf was up to. Damn it! And why did she say I should remember her? Who is she?

Before he could think any further, a familiar face came into the room. Talon was ecstatic about not being arrested. He told Falco how the CPF escorted him to Connor’s office and how she recruited him by offering immunity for the race he was in. They both discussed the race, Connor and the mission they would soon be part of. All that was left was for Falco to improve his health and leave the hospital.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

Alright.  I'm for real ready to put the brakes on this story.  It's just not fun anymore and I've got other projects to work on.  Sorry.

• 2 months later...

Wow. This was such a great read that I created an account just to comment.

This was really entertaining, I read all of it in one sitting. The plot is really interesting, and even though I can tell where you got some of these ideas, it really worked. The dialogue is fantastic, the back and forth between Falco and Wolf is perfect. I was really eager to see where you went with this, shame you couldn't finish it.

A few points of critique though. Where the dialogue and plot was brilliant, your descriptive process needs some work. It seems like when you try to progress the story through anything besides dialogue and events then it becomes just a tad awkward. More setting description would do wonders in really creating a feel for some of these scenes.  Also, the part where Falco just randomly guns down that guy didn't sit well with me. I mean Falco's a jerk, sure, but he's no murderer.

Anyways, overall this was great. A real delight to read. Keep up the good work! :biggrin:

Guest BlueRaccoon

Yeah, I know saying this will take away any integrity I have (if any), but maybe I'll continue this story.  Illuminatus' criticism made me happy.  Thank you.  Now that you say it, you are right about Falco not being a murderer.  Oh well, I won't change the story or anything.

I'm through with all the college things I was worried about and I have my degree, so maybe I'll continue.  At least for the readers that aren't tired of me changing my mind constantly yet.  Anyway, I'll write something new later.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BlueRaccoon

Response

Two Weeks Later…

It was ultimately time for Falco to leave the hospital. His bandages were taken off and the doctor officially cleared him. He still had a minor headache, but mostly from all the thinking he had been doing.

On his way out of the building, a message was discreetly given to him by one of the nurses. He read it half-unwillingly.

Mr. Lombardi, I am very grateful for your full recovery and am looking forward to seeing you in my office at 7:00 this evening. An associate of mine will personally direct you there. Don’t keep me waiting.

Ms. Connor

Oh great. I’m gonna be ‘directed’ to the place. JUST GREAT!

He began walking back to the hangar. He knew it would be a long walk, but he didn’t care. He needed time to think.

Katt’s Private Hangar

He made it back late that afternoon. He didn’t have much time before he had to leave, so he quickly sought out his friend.

He opened the hangar door to the passenger craft, which was parked just inside.

Good. She’s not working.

He walked inside the hangar and was met with…

“Who the hell do you think you are!?â€

“Wait, Katt. I can exp…â€

“First, you wreck my ship. I was lucky enough to even find where it was. Second, you disappear after a massive bombing and you don’t even have the courtesy to tell me anything. I THOUGHT YOU DIED! And now you show up (sniff) looking like nothing ever happened. (sniff sniff) Why would….â€

The rest of her speech was drowned out from the sound of her crying. She made no effort to mask her feelings. She couldn’t hold back her tears.

“I’ve got to talk to you, Katt.â€

“You’re damn straight!†she recovered quickly.

They walked over to her bedroom, which was much more crowded from the tools she used to try to fix her ship. She laid on her bed, still wiping tears from her eyes, while Falco leaned against the ship.

“It was Wolf who bombed the place.â€

“Yeah, no shit! It’s practically plastered on all the TVs.†she replied very aggressively.

“Well excuse me! I’ve been in a freakin’ hospital bed for the past few weeks so cut me some damn slack!â€

She rose up from her bed and virtually leaped at the now livid Falco.

“I have been spending the past few weeks trying to find ANY trace of you! You weren’t at the crash cite. You weren’t at any of the hangouts. I tried calling the Starfox team, but their communications were down. HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO ACT?!!!!!â€

With that, she stormed out of the bedroom and headed towards the passenger ship. Falco swiftly overtook her and grabbed her by the arms.

“Listen to me! I need your help.â€

She was amazed at his speed and taken by surprise at his request for help, but she still squirmed in his hold and tried to get into her ship.

“Oh yeah? A hotshot like you, who just disappears after a bomb explodes in the race he was in? And doesn’t have the decency to send a message or anything? Yeah right, Falco. Now get out of…â€

At that point, he forcibly lifted the woman into the air, her screaming at him the entire time, and slammed her into a nearby chair.

“SHUT UP AND LISTEN!†he said with his eyes flaring and his breath coming in more deeply. Katt retained her frown and darting eyes, but ceased her attacks and her screaming.

“I was met at the hospital by some government type named Kelly Connor. She blackmailed me into investigating the attack and I’m supposed to meet her tonight for my first mission.â€

She just looked at him, at first with a sideways glance, hardly believing what he said. Then, she looked him straight in the eyes and maintained her frown, still only partially believing what he said.

“Even if that is true, why the hell couldn’t you tell me anything?â€

Falco began to calm down, his breath coming in more regularly.

“I was just to busy thinking about everything. I forgot.â€

She quickly rose from her seat and continued her pursuit to the ship.

“YEAH RIGHT! You just ‘forgot’ to tell me anything. Your full of crap, Falco.â€

Falco just coolly sat in the seat as he looked towards the clock on the hangar wall.

“If you don’t believe me, why don’t you ask my escort. He should be here any minute now.â€

“Yeah, ok. I’ll just wait here for a government ship to just pay my home a nice visit.†she said with a clear sense of sarcasm. “Falco, I don’t have time for this bullshit. Now whenever you feel like telling me the truth, you know where to find…â€

Before she got in the ship, a large, flat white ship pulled in front of her. It blocked the hangar they were at and made no motion to move away. A side window rolled down as the dog inside scanned the hangar, searching for Falco, who was coolly making his way over.

“I guess you’re the ‘escort,’ right?â€

A docking ramp quickly extended and the dog motioned towards it. Falco took a look at Katt before he got on.

“Some bullshit, huh?†he said sarcastically.

Katt again charged towards him, but she was not near as angry as last time.

“Falco!†she said angrily. Then she took a deep breath and spoke calmly. “You were right.â€

She then overtook him and boarded the ship herself.

“But I want in.â€

“Whatever.†he responded without any feeling towards her comment.

“She’s with me, pal.†he told the dog before entering the vessel.

Without another word, the ship was boarded and the headed towards the office of Kelly Connor. Falco was happy he and Katt stopped fighting, but he still wondered about what kind of mission he should expect to take part in. And Katt and Talon as well. He had no choice but to wait.