Starfox 64 or Starfox 64 3D

Millionbartek

That's no problem, when I intend to beat the game I do it in 1 time without quitting. It's not a long game. Wel the multiplayer is kinda lame on the 3ds version. The CPU is too hard and there isn't a lot of variety on it.

Precisely why it's not a long game; you couldn't save, so the game couldn't be long or people would complain about it length.

As for multiplayer, well, it's always been like that with Star Fox. The only real concept is the ability to shoot people in an Arwing or Landmaster (if you've unlocked it). There is multiplayer on the original, but like its remake, it's not great, and it's better to pull out a game like Super Smash Bros. if you want to play with friends. I'm pretty sure there are more multiplayer features and stuff on the 3DS, but you must unlock them by earning achievements in the game (Earning medals, beating the game with both endings...There are two). Multiplayer in Assault wasn't great either if that helps to :P.

Precisely why it's not a long game; you couldn't save, so the game couldn't be long or people would complain about it length.

As for multiplayer, well, it's always been like that with Star Fox. The only real concept is the ability to shoot people in an Arwing or Landmaster (if you've unlocked it). There is multiplayer on the original, but like its remake, it's not great, and it's better to pull out a game like Super Smash Bros. if you want to play with friends. I'm pretty sure there are more multiplayer features and stuff on the 3DS, but you must unlock them by earning achievements in the game (Earning medals, beating the game with both endings...There are two). Multiplayer in Assault wasn't great either if that helps to :-P.

Ok thanks for the message. Now I still have to get Starfox for the SNES. I also bought adventures on ebay. It should arrive tommorow.

Have fun with Adventures :lolhyst: and good luck finding the original!

It's not that hard finding the original starfox. Just go to eBay, type in 'star fox super Nintendo', and presto.

I'll also just throw my opinion out here. Between Starfox 64 and it's 3DS version, I prefer regular Starfox 64. Mainly for one simple reason.

It's not that hard finding the original starfox. Just go to eBay, type in 'star fox super Nintendo', and presto.

I'll also just throw my opinion out here. Between Starfox 64 and it's 3DS version, I prefer regular Starfox 64. Mainly for one simple reason.

Yeah I am looking for the SNES version on ebay and on a polish site too. Thanks anyways.

I received adventurs yesterday and I love it. It's amazing and has beautiful graphics and nice voice acting. I like the gameplay alot and it's adictively fun! I just could not stop playing yesterday. I am glad that Rare's last Nintendo console game was awesome. I don't understand all the hate it get's. If they made a 12 hour long game with arwing missions only, I would be bored after an hour or 2.

I received adventurs yesterday and I love it. It's amazing and has beautiful graphics and nice voice acting. I like the gameplay alot and it's adictively fun! I just could not stop playing yesterday. I am glad that Rare's last Nintendo console game was awesome. I don't understand all the hate it get's. If they made a 12 hour long game with arwing missions only, I would be bored after an hour or 2.

I picked up a copy of Adventures from the game store a while ago and loved the look of it. I never could figure out how things got so bad in general 10 years later (I mean seriously...we are being sold Mario and Sonic Olympics 2012 for $45...wtf?). I agree that the graphics were pretty stellar and to me they still stand up pretty well to games now. I had forgotten how to play a decent adventure/puzzle type game and unfortunately found myself having to look at a guide once in a while because I was frustrated with my lack of progress....Fortunately its been a few months since I last played it and I for the most part have forgotten much of the game and its about time to start all over! :D

I think the game gets the hate that it does because it really started unraveling the cohesiveness of Star Fox as a whole, but I think also because it created the Krystal pseudo-furry-fandom that put a rift in the fan base. Plot holes everywhere, introduction of a character with no real 'character' to her, the shift from Arwing flying to on-foot missions, etc. I personally found the game to be pretty enjoyable and was happy to find some of the same Banjo Kazooie wit and humor used in Star Fox Adventures. I was also happy that the game felt like it had some length to it and not able to be beaten during one's lunch hour like SF64, Assault, or Command.

I picked up a copy of Adventures from the game store a while ago and loved the look of it. I never could figure out how things got so bad in general 10 years later (I mean seriously...we are being sold Mario and Sonic Olympics 2012 for $45...wtf?). I agree that the graphics were pretty stellar and to me they still stand up pretty well to games now. I had forgotten how to play a decent adventure/puzzle type game and unfortunately found myself having to look at a guide once in a while because I was frustrated with my lack of progress....Fortunately its been a few months since I last played it and I for the most part have forgotten much of the game and its about time to start all over! :D

I think the game gets the hate that it does because it really started unraveling the cohesiveness of Star Fox as a whole, but I think also because it created the Krystal pseudo-furry-fandom that put a rift in the fan base. Plot holes everywhere, introduction of a character with no real 'character' to her, the shift from Arwing flying to on-foot missions, etc. I personally found the game to be pretty enjoyable and was happy to find some of the same Banjo Kazooie wit and humor used in Star Fox Adventures. I was also happy that the game felt like it had some length to it and not able to be beaten during one's lunch hour like SF64, Assault, or Command.

Thanks for the comment, btw is Assault as good (or as long) as adventures? it's pretty expensive on ebay and I can't find it anywhere. About plotholes in the game btw. I think they would have been explained if Rare wasn't sold. Rare could make Assault and it could have been better. I saw on Nintendo of Benelux site that starfox assault was being developed by Rare, pretty weird. Probably a mistake?

Yeah I think that’s a mistake.

As for Assault I like it, but it’s the shortest game in the series at only 10 levels. Ground missions are good (that is if you change the default controls) but take up too much of the game. As few as they are though the arwing/space missions are great though and play just like SF64. SFAs’s Multiplayer is the best in the series.

If you don’t care about multiplayer or replaying the game I’d say rent it if you possibly can, as it can be beat in only a few days.

Thanks for the comment, btw is Assault as good (or as long) as adventures? it's pretty expensive on ebay and I can't find it anywhere. About plotholes in the game btw. I think they would have been explained if Rare wasn't sold. Rare could make Assault and it could have been better. I saw on Nintendo of Benelux site that starfox assault was being developed by Rare, pretty weird. Probably a mistake?

I honestly didn't find Assault to be as enjoyable as Adventures, but I am also a fan of games that take a long time to finish and have a lot of little hidden things in it that of actual significant. I completely agree, if Adventures stayed Dinosaur Planet it probably would have been a more solid game. I thought Rare never had their hand in on the Assault game, it was shipped over to Namco from the get go. I would almost worry about the end result of a Star Fox game like Assault had Rare handled it. They make great games and all, but the type of game Assault was doesn't seem up Rare's alley. I would go ahead and purchase Assault if you can find a decent deal on it. I mean if nothing else it is a piece of gaming history (and that to me is part of the fun of simply buying the game, owning that piece of history to look back on in the future).

Yeah I think that’s a mistake.

As for Assault I like it, but it’s the shortest game in the series at only 10 levels. Ground missions are good (that is if you change the default controls) but take up too much of the game. As few as they are though the arwing/space missions are great though and play just like SF64. SFAs’s Multiplayer is the best in the series.

If you don’t care about multiplayer or replaying the game I’d say rent it if you possibly can, as it can be beat in only a few days.

Well then I think 35 euro is too much for a second handed short game....

I honestly didn't find Assault to be as enjoyable as Adventures, but I am also a fan of games that take a long time to finish and have a lot of little hidden things in it that of actual significant. I completely agree, if Adventures stayed Dinosaur Planet it probably would have been a more solid game. I thought Rare never had their hand in on the Assault game, it was shipped over to Namco from the get go. I would almost worry about the end result of a Star Fox game like Assault had Rare handled it. They make great games and all, but the type of game Assault was doesn't seem up Rare's alley. I would go ahead and purchase Assault if you can find a decent deal on it. I mean if nothing else it is a piece of gaming history (and that to me is part of the fun of simply buying the game, owning that piece of history to look back on in the future).

People say controls suck and it's short, I am interested in it but I can't rent it anywhere. There are no places to rent games in Belgium... Looks like I am going to have to shell out 35 euro for a german version.... But If I don't like the game I won't be able to sell it easely. Hmm maybe you have some suggestions?

Heh, I guess I will wave the American flag and count myself lucky on this one...My copy of Assault set me back $12 - or about 9 euro. I am just about crazy enough to consider buying a copy and sending it your way just for the lulz.

The controls were pretty rough for the foot parts, but one of the settings makes it better imo. It was short, I mean maybe a couple hours or so to just roll through the game. There wasn't much of a challenge or urgency in getting as high of a score as possible like in SF64 either so the playback just isn't there for me. Multiplayer always looked fun to me though.

(Starts wandering around Amazon.com....Oh hey a Japanese release copy! *Looks at price tag* "eeeeeeeuuuh.....")

The epic cutscenes make up for the awkward foot movements. Assualt had some amazing story develompent worthwile the lost of a few bucks.

The epic cutscenes make up for the awkward foot movements. Assualt had some amazing story develompent worthwile the lost of a few bucks.

Heh, I guess I will wave the American flag and count myself lucky on this one...My copy of Assault set me back $12 - or about 9 euro. I am just about crazy enough to consider buying a copy and sending it your way just for the lulz.

The controls were pretty rough for the foot parts, but one of the settings makes it better imo. It was short, I mean maybe a couple hours or so to just roll through the game. There wasn't much of a challenge or urgency in getting as high of a score as possible like in SF64 either so the playback just isn't there for me. Multiplayer always looked fun to me though.

(Starts wandering around Amazon.com....Oh hey a Japanese release copy! *Looks at price tag* "eeeeeeeuuuh.....")

I already found a guy who is willing to sell the game to me 10 euro cheaper. 23 euro is better than 35 +.

• Like 1

Glad you like Adventures. What people didn't like about Adventures mainly was its plot; it doesn't work well as it was meant for a different game. The gameplay however, is amazing.

Perhaps you want to create a Journal thread to write about your Retro Gaming feats?

• Like 1

Glad you like Adventures. What people didn't like about Adventures mainly was its plot; it doesn't work well as it was meant for a different game. The gameplay however, is amazing.

Perhaps you want to create a Journal thread to write about your Retro Gaming feats?

My retro gaming feats????

XD Couldn't find a better word....I was pretty tired too.

Hey people, I need help/tips for getting gold/silver medals. I just played bolse and katina a few times to get gold. I needed 2 hits more to get gold on bolse!! The medals are driving me crazy!!

Hey I received Assault today. It's a good game, but short. I beated it in about 3 hours. The multiplayer looks cool, but I don't have any people right now with whom I can play.

Hey people, I need help/tips for getting gold/silver medals. I just played bolse and katina a few times to get gold. I needed 2 hits more to get gold on bolse!! The medals are driving me crazy!!

Well, getting the gold, silver, bronze-type medals I believe are not all mandatory. Isn't it the primary medals in the game that count? I picked up the game recently too, but nice job on getting a gold on Bolse (I never have the patience to wait that long there). You're not specific on which levels you need help on, so I'm not sure if I can help you. Main tip is to get as many hit combos as you can and just shoot stuff (Or Bomb it if you've got bombs to spare).

Hey I received Assault today. It's a good game, but short. I beated it in about 3 hours. The multiplayer looks cool, but I don't have any people right now with whom I can play.

NOOOOOOOOOOOODAMNITYou beat me to it! (Want Want Want Want).

Well, getting the gold, silver, bronze-type medals I believe are not all mandatory. Isn't it the primary medals in the game that count? I picked up the game recently too, but nice job on getting a gold on Bolse (I never have the patience to wait that long there). You're not specific on which levels you need help on, so I'm not sure if I can help you. Main tip is to get as many hit combos as you can and just shoot stuff (Or Bomb it if you've got bombs to spare).

Well I need help on all levels, I didn't have gold on Bolse yet. I got gold on sector Z and Fichina after much suffering lol.

Gold on Sector Z? :o I have to congratulate you heavily on that one, I can barely get there from Zoness or Sector X!

Bolse is mainly a lot of waiting around and saving your wingmates before you shoot down the satellite.

Gold on Sector Z? :o I have to congratulate you heavily on that one, I can barely get there from Zoness or Sector X!

Bolse is mainly a lot of waiting around and saving your wingmates before you shoot down the satellite.

I got gold on Sector Z after a few tries, it was fun. I go for the medals in score attack mode. Have you got the 3ds version already?