Starfox 64 or Starfox 64 3D

Millionbartek

I seriously have no idea how anyone can say the original. The remake is better in almost every single objective manner.

Well, it's obviously not an objective thing then, huh? I mean we, as consumers, don't and shouldn't decide what we prefer by an objective pros and cons list when it comes to entertainment. It's all about personal preference, the way it should be.

I personally agree and I prefer the remake but maybe someone actually likes the worse graphics. Maybe that's the charming part about it to some people. As well as the voice acting, it's still not the same sound clips and when you are so obsessed with 64 you will recognize every single different aspect right away and it will matter to you more.

I can very well understand and appreciate if someone prefers the original, however I love the polished look and feel of the remake.

• Owner/Technical Admin

I like having SF64 on the go. I'm not 100% happy they changed the voice actors, but everything else seems the same to me. I still do play the original from time to time. 3DS is just easier to carry :P

But what's a journal type topic?

I was suggesting that you create a thread in the Journal Zone sub-forum seeing that this thread acts a lot like a journal thread. From there, you can post just like you do here. Because I'm not a forum mod, I can't move your topic for you.

I like having SF64 on the go. I'm not 100% happy they changed the voice actors, but everything else seems the same to me. I still do play the original from time to time. 3DS is just easier to carry :-P

They didn't change most of them I believe. I want to try and find out which ones they changed and which stayed the same. Mike West, who voiced Fox stayed the same.

I seriously have no idea how anyone can say the original. The remake is better in almost every single objective manner.

But....But the glitches! And that polygonal flicker! (Venom Tunnels, Venom 2 in particular)

Has anyone beated the game 100 percent already? I was wondering if you get extra stuff in the 3DS version to the multiplayer like in the original. Because the multiplayer kinda sucks. Any tips would be appreciated.

But....But the glitches! And that polygonal flicker! (Venom Tunnels, Venom 2 in particular)

lol I never noticed any glitches. I am pretty sure a certain sonic game for PS360 has more glitches than Starfox 64 3D.

They didn't change most of them I believe. I want to try and find out which ones they changed and which stayed the same. Mike West, who voiced Fox stayed the same.

I believe there was one voice actor who died and they had to replace him/her, which could explain why they did some changes.

There's a button called "Edit" Millionbartek. I suggest using it.

It allows you to edit your message without having to make a whole new one, with the latter being frowned upon..

There's a button called "Edit" Millionbartek. I suggest using it.

It allows you to edit your message without having to make a whole new one, with the latter being frowned upon..

Why?

I see lol sorry.

Has anyone beated the game 100 percent already? I was wondering if you get extra stuff in the 3DS version to the multiplayer like in the original. Because the multiplayer kinda sucks. Any tips would be appreciated.

Earn every single medal (I'm not sure if in both modes of gameplay) to unlock expert mode: A super hardcore form of gameplay.

I believe there was one voice actor who died and they had to replace him/her, which could explain why they did some changes.

Time to do some investigation!

Sorry, but the original is just better than the remake for a couple of reasons. One is obviously the actors, I just can't stand Andross' voice in the remake. The other thing that the original has that the remake got rid of is my favorite thing of all in Starfox 64. The explosions from when a boss dies. When I was a kid, I swear I played the original just to kill the bosses and watch them explode in a giant orange sphere along with that awesome explosion sound. When they got rid of that in the remake. It greatly angered me. Now it's just akward watching the bosses explode in a little buff of smoke with the awesome oxplosion sound.:(

Sorry, but the original is just better than the remake for a couple of reasons. One is obviously the actors, I just can't stand Andross' voice in the remake. The other thing that the original has that the remake got rid of is my favorite thing of all in Starfox 64. The explosions from when a boss dies. When I was a kid, I swear I played the original just to kill the bosses and watch them explode in a giant orange sphere along with that awesome explosion sound. When they got rid of that in the remake. It greatly angered me. Now it's just akward watching the bosses explode in a little buff of smoke with the awesome oxplosion sound. :(

I think what Milky was getting at is that what they improved, they really did improve. The music, graphics, gameplay; all got their touch-ups. Obviously, there are things you just can't take out of a 15-year-old game and copy precisely into a remake; voice-acting being the big thing.

The main reason many seem to prefer the original seems to be charm and nostalgia; valid arguments, but those don't necessarily judge a game, especially a remake. I certainly enjoy the charm of playing the original game, and I still do from time-to-time. I think one thing you can hold against the game being a remake, is that you just can't pin all the success and classic declaration on its remake: that's for the original game to hold.

Huh? what's with these 'Winners don't do warez'? I didn't post that,honest.

Huh? what's with these 'Winners don't do warez'? I didn't post that,honest.

I know, I think that's a message the admin put up to censor the stuff we posted that are against the rules.

No offence at all,But why can't they just let us get on with it?

DZ doesn't want to have to deal with any potential liability with roms or other similar content on SF-O.

• 1 month later...

StarFox 64 3D becasuse it has such neat graphics that you can even see where you are going in Aquas. It also has súper clear voices, awesome orchestrated music and some new features like Score Attack, It was also a lotta fun to get all the medailes in all 3 modes. :D

Also the controll is much better, the slidead work much better than the N64's solid poke.

• Owner/Technical Admin

the original is the best i spent 100 dollars to get it 80 for the console 25 for the game

$80 for an N64? That's kinda expensive, if you ask me.

Seeing as you've already bought the 3DS version, I'm not gonna say go get a 64 and buy the original. I will always have fond memories of the 64 version and playing it with my friend next door. He couldn't get the medal for Area 6, and I did.

StarFox 64 3D becasuse it has such neat graphics that you can even see where you are going in Aquas. It also has súper clear voices, awesome orchestrated music and some new features like Score Attack, It was also a lotta fun to get all the medailes in all 3 modes. :D

Also the controll is much better, the slidead work much better than the N64's solid poke.

The person who originally posted this thread made his decision, and the thread has now served the purpose as more of his journal thread. That being said, Millionbartek has not been active in a month.

$80 for an N64? That's kinda expensive, if you ask me.

Seeing as you've already bought the 3DS version, I'm not gonna say go get a 64 and buy the original. I will always have fond memories of the 64 version and playing it with my friend next door. He couldn't get the medal for Area 6, and I did.

Zyra bought the N64 with a memory expansion in it. Those cost around $20. That also makes up for the fact that he got a controller in rock-solid condition (I am envious!). If Zyra wanted to play the 3DS remake, he can come begging to me.

While I enjoy the remake immensely, the original is better for me. It is the first game I can remember ever playing and I think it got me into gaming in the first place. The original will always hold a special place in my heart, something that the remake just cant fill.

Plus I got Pokemon Silver for free with it because someone had sticky taped it to the Star Fox 64 (of as I know it, Lylatwars) box, and no one noticed until we had bought it and gotten it home.

• 2 months later...

I prefer the remake on the 3DS as well. Not just for the obvious reseans such as better graphics, sound, controls, and etc., but some of the add ons such as the sound track you can listen to, and the fact that you can replay levels in score attack. Plus, I can take the game anywhere! I still love the original though.

• 4 weeks later...

StarFox 64 3D all the way. The game looks great, it controlls great it sounds great. And you can replace great with 'better' too. The orchestrated music was a big surprise for me. I didn't expect that to happen after Zelda OoT. The slidepad controlls smoother than the N64 controllstick. Its gets painfull after several hours, but on the 3DS I could just play all day if I wanted too. And the best is ofcourse the improved graphics. The game looks like its real.  The water in Corneria, the lava in Solar. Its like photos... no its like seing water or lava with your own eyes! :D