Tele shows that suit your fancy.

Dr. Orange

Well I was watching T.V, big suprise, and I just thought I'd start a topic on what your favorite T.V Show it.

I know I am loving the show Doctor Who. And In all cases, David Tennant is better than Matt Smith.

As of right now my favorite TV show is the Kamen Rider series. I just recently started watching reruns of Kamen Rider Kiva, but if I had to choose which one was my favorite it would have to be Kamen Rider OOO's.

I recently marathoned Game of Thrones, while I was sick with food poisoning. It was a great series, I can't wait for the 3rd season!

And In all cases, David Tennant is better than Matt Smith.

I could argue that, but I won't. Both are great, though :D

I recently watched Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and loved it to fucking death. Never before has a 12 episode anime made me cry so damn much in such a short period of time. Then, of course, there's MLP. Nothing much else right now, since I've been too busy to watch much anything, but considering I loved Persona 4 I can already safely assume I'll like the P4 Animation.

Putting intros to some of these, even though it's not required. They just had amazing intros, imo.

Friendship is Magic

Married with Children (these two leading to this picture)

marriedwithponies.png

Tenchi Muyo

Tenchi Universe

[media=]

(Both versions are too good)

FLCL

Trigun

[media=]

Gundam Wing

Robot Chicken

.hack//SIGN

[media=]

M*A*S*H

psych

Burn Notice

Eureka

Royal Pains

and of course

Scrubs.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Top Gear... The British one, AKA the only good one.

EDIT#2: and NCIS/NCIS:LA

• Like 1

Burn Notice

White Collar

Breaking Bad

Regular Show

Criminal Minds

Mostly I watch Crimimal Minds if I can't sleep at night. It's not really a show I follow, but I like to watch that versus CSI. (yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!)

That's pretty much it.

King of the Hill

Clannad

Kenny vs Spenny

Destination Truth

Stargate SG-1

Occasionally MLP:FiM

Blackadder

Connections

3rd Rock from the Sun

BBC The Day the Universe Changed

And that's pretty much all I watch.

Top Gear [uK]; brilliant in every meaning of the word.

• Like 1

So I just finished My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 2 about... Three or four minutes ago, and it was awesome, I will have to say that this show while geared originally for young girls can appeal to any audience, then again I bet you all knew that already. I'm kind of sorry I didn't see it in the beginning. Anyway yeah, I'm not even worried about looking silly anymore talking about it lol.

Other than that, the only few other shows I would ever watch are Top Gear UK, Lock And Load, Sons of Guns, and M*A*S*H

• Like 1

Dunno why people keep saying it was a show for little girls. I've pointed out enough times that Lauren Faust intended it from the beginning to be enjoyable by all genders and age groups.

Dunno why people keep saying it was a show for little girls. I've pointed out enough times that Lauren Faust intended it from the beginning to be enjoyable by all genders and age groups.

True, but even the name "My Little Pony" sounds childish, not to mention it is the 4th generation of the cartoon franchise. I'm a Brony all the same but I doubt that the show will always be considered as one for all age groups regardless of what the producer has stated. Especially for someone who has yet to watch an episode let alone look at how Friendship is Magic came into existence in the first place.

It sounds childish because the previous generations of it having imprinted that already. However the only connection it has to them is the name, some character designs and nods to the previous generation (like Twilight Sparkle's mom being Twilight from the first generation). It's a different show that has it's origins from another show, but again, it is different.

A man named John Kricfalusi, with his company Spümcø, did two Yogi the Bear cartoons that were exceedingly deranged (no surprise since Kricfalusi and his company are what created Ren and Stimpy). They were titled Boo Boo Runs Wild (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boo_Boo_Runs_Wild) and A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Day_in_the_Life_of_Ranger_Smith)

Just because they are Yogi Bear cartoons, doesn't necessarily make them for children. I don't remember A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith too well, but I do remember Boo Boo Runs Wild, and feel that it would likely traumatize children.

Ignorance may make people think it's for little girls alone, but mass belief does not mean truth. Lauren Faust set off from the beginning to have the target audience be families, which means boys, girls, men, and women. Previous generations of My Little Pony might of been aimed at young girls alone, but those are completely different shows.

Batman is usually considered something fine for children around the age of ten, and how he abstains from killing, but then there's story archs where he has no qualms about killing criminals, and then there's Frank Miller's (creator of Sin City) Batman, where he slaps Robin, calls him retarded, and tells him, "I'm the god damned Batman!" Then he traps him in the Bat Cave and expects him to capture and eat rats in order to survive to toughen him up.

It may all be Batman, but it has different audiences in mind. Friendship is Magic isn't such an extreme jump, but saying it's intended for little girls simply because of the name, to the contrary of what Lauren Faust has said, is just being ign'ant.

I agree with you, however I can see why anyone who hasn't done any research whatsoever on the show would see it as childish.

Which is why I said it's born from ignorance, but I've said many times before that Lauren Faust intended it for all genders and age groups, but we still have people here on SFO saying it was originally targeting little girls. That's what I was getting at originally. They don't need to do research on it, just had to of read one of my many numerous posts before, but now it's going beyond ignorance to obliviousness.

• Like 1

I know this show may not be around anymore but it is still the best in my opinion,

Courage the Cowardly Dog. :3

And In all cases, David Tennant is better than Matt Smith.

This. +1!

Vydrach mentioned Tenchi Muyo! Such a neat anime. I love the Kagato episodes.

I don't watch TV often, but I try to watch the following when they're on, provided I haven't seen the episode already:

The X-Files.

Unsolved Mysteries.

Rizzoli & Isles.

Doctor Who (Martha Jones "area" of the show).

Well my TV got turned off for the summer so I'm stuck with youtube.

I mainly watch Top Gear the UK version, because it's the best one. :D

I also want to watch more of that Friendship is Magic stuff, and something called Gray-man.

It's a shame though there aren't any good TV shows on anymore, all the newer ones I can never get into. Therefore I don't watch it that much anymore, besides the news every once and a while.

Hi,

I don't really watch that much TV if it's not football (for all Americans: soccer), Formula 1 or Mythbusters. In the past I really liked House M.D. and Prison Break.

Besides that I watch very much anime, but rarely live on TV. Instead I watch them online, mostly with Japanese dub and German/English fansubs. There are actually too many shows to name all of them but a few of my most favorite are these:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Shakugan no Shana

Dog Days

Strike Witches

Steins;Gate

Lucky Star

Azumanga Daioh

Seitokai no Ichizon

Angel Beats

• 2 weeks later...

True, but even the name "My Little Pony" sounds childish, not to mention it is the 4th generation of the cartoon franchise. I'm a Brony all the same but I doubt that the show will always be considered as one for all age groups regardless of what the producer has stated. Especially for someone who has yet to watch an episode let alone look at how Friendship is Magic came into existence in the first place.

smile.png

I'm a Brony all the same but I doubt that the show will always be considered as one for all age groups regardless of what the producer has stated.

I'm a Brony all the same

I'm a Brony

Brony

evil_fluttershy__by_floripetsx3-d3gg968.

tumblr_lzlqy3EtUY1r1y172o1_4001.jpg

Guys, we really ought to try and avoid turning this into a pony-centric thread. We already have one :/

Xort, you do not understand. Everything on the Internet is filled with ponies these days… It's unavoidable. :V