What is your favorite and least favorite Fox character design?

Patch93

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Fox design?

• SNES Box art puppet model
    • NP Comic design
    • N64 Model
    • SSB64 Promo art design
    • Melee model
    • Adventure model
    • Assault model
    • Command model
    • Brawl model
    • SF1 Sprites
    • SF2 Sprites
    • FBF manga design
  2. 2. What is your least favorite Fox design?

• SNES Box art puppet model
    • NP Comic design
    • N64 Model
    • SSB64 Promo art design
    • Melee model
    • Adventure model
    • Assault model
    • Command model
    • Brawl model
    • SF1 Sprites
    • SF2 Sprites
    • FBF manga design

katt's command design is awful.

I like her ship though  :hehe: 

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't too sure how to vote in this, but I'd have to say Command is my least favorite. My favorite is probably Star Fox 64 Fox. 

Weirdly, I'd have to go with the SNES puppet.  Sure it is a bit creepy, but that's one of the things I like about it.  That and the fact he actually looks like a fox (unlike you, Command).  Of course I love the Adventures model and all it's fuzziness and his uniform in 643D looks fantastic (the only real issue I have with that design overall is that he looks a little too dog-like).   Worst for me would probably be SSB64.  That one's just not right.  Seriously, he's supposed to be a fox, not a chihuahua with a big fluffy tail.  I can't say that I'm a big fan of Command's art style either.  I don't hate it, but the proportions and the plastic figurine look of it seriously bother me.  And the massive forehead they gave him.  That's the only thing I don't like about his Brawl design.  Everything else about it is great.

I like the Melee and Brawl designs. Melee stayed original to the snes and Brawl was a combine of all.

• 5 months later...

I liked the SNES in game sprites, and my least favorite was assault. 1,2,64, and adventures followed the same design, while assault changed it up alot.

I like his adventure design since it was so fuzzy and detailed.

Command Fox was just plain ugly and a little creepy.

Remember to check post dates guies. This in has been dead for about half a year. 

The Adventures model. The graphics made his fur highly realistic looking, and the uniform was one of the best ones. And he looked far more proportional in that game than in any of the others I've played.

My favorite design was from Adventures and my least favorite was from Command. I didn't really like any of the character designs in Command for that matter.

• 3 weeks later...

Assault and Adventures = Best

Command = Worst

Favorite: Adventures by a longshot.  They didn't make him look too cartoony, he was actually fuzzy, and he looked like a fox.  The proportions weren't wonky and weird.

Least favorite: Command.  I felt when they decided to take on this new "style" that's been in SF since Command, they extended the heads too long vertically, and kind of made everyone look a little frog-like because of it.  I'm sad that Brawl and the new Super Smash Bros have more of the Command style Fox than the previous versions.

• Like 1

The Adventures model would probably be my favorite. He was quite awesome looking compared to the rest. ^^

The Assault and the Brawl models look alright to. ;)

My least favorite would be the Command model. I don't know if it is just because of the small screen on the DS or what, but he was just... creepy looking. lol

• Like 1

I must say that the Star Fox 2 sprite art is actually very nicely done.  It would be cool to see an interpretation of it in 3D.

FoxSF2.gif

• 6 months later...

This thread deserves to be bumped. :-)

I still think Adventures Fox is overrated btw.

@crazyfoonic, The Melee Fox design is probably the closest to a 3D interpretation of that.

@crazyfoonic, The Melee Fox design is probably the closest to a 3D interpretation of that.

I agree.

Personally, I think it missing in this poll the question about the design of the ship.

For me, the Arwing and Great Fox from Adventures was the best design, I loved their "dirty and worn" look, it reminded me a lot of the ships from the original Star Wars trilogy.

And those from StarFox Assault are for me the most ugliest ship design from all the StarFox games, they are too "flashy" and totally lacking in consistency with the rest of the saga.