Why did you choose your username?

Gestalt

Here's a thought the internet has graced me with:

What significance does your username bear?

My username is referencing a psychotic peacock who’s a rich guy who has issues. I too have issues because dial-up internet will drive you loco in the coco when for years you had been used to something faster. Five minutes loading a page is not fun guys. NOT FUN!

Hehehehehehhohohoho!!! Whoops! There goes my sanity out the window.

I was going to go with DuhMuffin, but then I sent the email confirmation to a non-existent email....So then I just thought of Psy.

Though I do have a craving for muffins a lot.

My first forum was back in 2007 on a forum for an indie game company (Free Lunch Design, since becoming a lot more popular) and one of my favorite games of theirs was called Icy Tower. (Google it) I signed up as Icyguy, because inserting favorite game name followed by "guy" into username is brilliant...... Right?

Anyway, I was just called "Icy" for a while, so I started using that on a lot of sites. A couple of years later I really got a lot more into Captain America, and since I was obsessed with it I started signing up on sites as "CaptainIcy", because well, inserting favorite character's name into nickname = brilliant..... Right?

So that's why I'm mostly CaptainIcy on most sites these days.

Before I stumbled on the furry fandom I went by the pretty generic name of "gamefreak," which considering I was all of 12 when I came up with it... yeah. That's all there is to that name, used it for an email and for Runescape, that's about it.

When I found the furry fandom I latched onto the fursona idea immediately. I got Gene from Jin of Samurai Shamploo and Inari because I picked fox as my fursona and they just had a cool sound to it when I thought of it.

I've had this as my Laser Quest codename since back in 1997 when I first got my membership. The name has stuck (RL friends call me that as well) ever since.

I liked Star Fox 64, I liked pretending I was in the stories I loved (and still do), so I thought of a name that sounded like it belonged in that world - Fana McCloud was born back in zee late 90's as a result. Always liked it, never ditched it entirely, even though my scope has expanded. I have a far more original non FC called Xeroxed now (I bet the Xerox corporation looooves me for that one, being the trademark nazis they are).

It's been my universal online identity since Aliens vs. Predator 2, where I joined one of the more elite Predator clans, and part of joining it is you get a Yautja name, based on what is known of their language. I surprised the clan master by knowing what name I wanted, which was this one, which is the Yautja word for "Phoenix." But it's not some mythical bird that is reborn from its own ashes such as Philomena, but instead a dangerous desert-dwelling creature that lives in the deserts of the Yautja homeworld, and a prospective Spearmaster must journey into the deserts with heat so intense it can blister even the Yautja hide, and slay one with only a spear. Then they have earned the right to join the Spearmaster order, who take combat with their weapons to an art form, and they have armour fashioned from the hide of the Vy'drach, which is not only immune to fire, but actually able to replenish their energy from it, and it is also near immune to plasma. This coupled with their unmatched melee combat skills makes them well respected by other Yautja, and why they often become arbiters, who hunt down "bad blood" Yautja, which is to say Yautja that have dishonored themselves and run from the consequences, and are then hunted down. They are very feared by "bad bloods," as Yautja ranged weaponry is practically useless against them, leaving the combat largely to melee, which as previously stated, Spearmasters are practically unparalled in.

My weapon of choice in Aliens vs. Predator 2 was the spear, and so I took that name to coincide with it as it is relevant to the Spearmasters.

Due to my unwillingness of using online aliases on Forums I decided to pay homage to the Kroot of Warhammer 40,000.

Kroot leaders are called Shapers, you see.

Well, it started as Xort because I needed a username, and this was around the time I first watched Kingdom Hearts: Mad Mix. Instead of saying Xehanort, they always cut out the middle of the name so it sounded like Xort, and I liked it, so I went with it.

Then, in some topic or another, I was arguing and really mad. I think it was because of Sabre. Anywho, at that time I was on a big Zoidberg kick, and we were able to change our names ourselves, so I changed my name to Xortberg and changed my avatar to an angry Zoidberg picture. It sort of just stuck.

I really honestly don't know. When I was young, I always came up with, and said very random and weird things. Hidi was part of a name I made up when I was eight. I used it in an early fantasy story. The full name was Hidi Crystel, as you can see, I couldn't really spell when I was that age. Because Hidi is often used, and I'm often late to parties such as this, Hidi by itself is rarely a free name, so I use Hidi Crystel. Mind you, I prefer simply Hidi.

Kind of an interesting story:

Back in my days of high school I was introduced to more likable and friendly people. One of them in fact was one of the popular kids. I knew him because he was friends with my best friend and we started hanging out more....Well...He, I and a bunch of other people. He was never really good with remembering names. For some odd reason he thought I looked Irish and for that odd reason he decided to entitle me with the nickname "Dublin". He told me why he named me that and at first I thought the reason was fucking stupid, the name however I thought was not. I actually kind of like the sound of it. Then some years went by, we didn't talk as much. It wasn't until I found Star Fox-Online through hearing about it on the Krystal Archive that I wanted to join in. I wanted to think of a interesting sounding username and the first thing that came up was my old nickname. I decided to then add the "fox" part as well because not only to did it sound cooler, but because of me being a furry and that this is a Star Fox fansite.....It just sort of felt like it was needed.

The nickname would then go on to be the name of my fursona, Dublin Reinhardt since at the time I joined SF-O, he was still in development.

Sadly, I have no interesting story to tell. My name is Case and I've lived in Tupelo, MS for most of my life. I use this name because it's never taken and anyone who knows me can recognize it instantly even if they haven't seen me online before :/

Sadly, I have no interesting story to tell. My name is Case and I've lived in Tupelo, MS for most of my life. I use this name because it's never taken and anyone who knows me can recognize it instantly even if they haven't seen me online before :/

Strangely when I first saw your name it made my brain think in the direction of a knockoff brand of Tupperware. Don't ask me why my brain thinks these things... your guess is as good as mine. XD

I'm lame and unoriginal. Its just my first initial and last name. I'd consider changing it, but then it would get hard recognizing me with a new name and I figured "eh, whatever"

I don't even recall where my username originated from; I was possibly eleven or twelve and it was for Youtube. I can't quite nail down my thought process since them, but I kept with the name as no one else usually has it. xD

I don't even recall where my username originated from; I was possibly eleven or twelve and it was for Youtube. I can't quite nail down my thought process since them, but I kept with the name as no one else usually has it. xD

That sounds just like me! I wasn't sure how, but I thought of it.

Needed a username for gamefaqs, puzzled, went to take a shit and my little 10 year old sister took the liberty of deciding for me while I was gone.

Dead serious.

• Like 2

Well, my nickname comes from Red alert 2 : Yuri's Revenge.

There's a very crappy useless special unit that is really hard to obtain, that's called a psi commando.

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Psi_commando

I mispelt it, but I prefer the y instead of i.

I just got tired of having my nickname taken on websites, so I took a name nobody would care about ! :)

My previous nick was Gamios. A word I made up. I thought it could be a name for a mythological god of gaming, lol. I dropped it partly because, I was pretty defensive and insecure in my teens, and when pronounced Gamios sounds a lot like Gaymios.. And some people liked to pick on me with that. Also people kept misspelling it as Gaimos ... >_>

Mine's from Lawrence of Arabia! I goddamn love that film. Pro-colonial as all hell, but a lovely story. Prince Faisal of the Bedouins was acted by Alec Guinness, in his best role before going off to be that Obi-Kedobi-Dooby feller in War Stars or whatever. So dreamy~

Prior to that I terrorized the internet under the altogether too furry nick of 'The Flying Fox.' That one was lifted straight off the logo for Star Fox. You know, the fox with wings, because I was significantly impaired in the creativity department at the age of 13 or whatever it was.

Mine's from Lawrence of Arabia! I goddamn love that film. Pro-colonial as all hell, but a lovely story. Prince Faisal of the Bedouins was acted by Alec Guinness, in his best role before going off to be that Obi-Kedobi-Dooby feller in War Stars or whatever. So dreamy~

Prior to that I terrorized the internet under the altogether too furry nick of 'The Flying Fox.' That one was lifted straight off the logo for Star Fox. You know, the fox with wings, because I was significantly impaired in the creativity department at the age of 13 or whatever it was.

Hey, still more creative than my name anyways. Love that movie by the way...took forever for me to get through it and by the end I found a painfully accurate allusion to how things are even now, but finally made it through after a few days of popping it back into the VHS player.

My nickname came from a old fable (it was first known as a french fable "Chanson de Rennard") by J.W. von Goethe named "Reineke Fuchs".

And since I stumbled upon the Furry Fandom, the character from this fable just came to me in mind, but I always liked the original name more... Rennard sounds more swift and cunning. So I combined them and created Rennard Fuchs, and that's the simple story of my nickname which I always use in video games, RPG etc. so my fursona lives his life ^^

Would I start my YT channel now it would this name, but I already have many subscribers and videos so it would to complicated and I'm so lazy...

P.S. Rennard is fox in french and Fuchs is fox in german - so technically it means FoxFox :D

• Like 1

My name came from playing Star Wars Battlefront with a joke profile name as "someguy". That way whenever I am involved in a kill or death (such as someguy killed Darth Vader or someguy killed himself), it added some humor to myself. Whan I got my PS3 on Christmas of 2009, my brother used that to create my PSN ID but added the "63-" part. I liked it so that I used it as my username on many other stuff, including on this site and Steam Profile.

It used to be Star Fox Elite, which was because I played the game better than anyone else I knew, then i changed the Star Fox to "Prince" because.... well some of my friends did call me that on occasion, i have no idea why, and it sounded cool so i changed it. Yeah, thank you.