Another Story: An experimental fan-webcomic.

PkUltimaga

Hello, fellow Star Fox/Nintendo fans! Name's PkUltimaga, and I am an amateur artist that wishes to be part of the comic book industry once I finish high school and college.

Another Story, is a non-profit, fan made comic based on the lovely games that many of us enjoyed in our childhoods. The comic takes place in an alternate universe within the series. Therefore, there are a whole lot of different original characters, and characters from the games will appear, look and act differently that they were in the games. Some canon characters are reimagined altogether. But not just that. This comic's universe draws inspiration from the 1993 Nintendo Power and the Super Nintendo games rather than 64 and beyond (Krystal. however, does appear as a character, along with one special character from Command). But this whole revamped universe is not limited to the adapted characters, but also, new planets, new locations, etc.

The storyline is a mix of fantasy and scifi in a style similar to what you would see in a japanese science fiction role playing game or in an anime. (Xenogears/Xenosaga meets Star Fox) And it's very character driven in it's nature. The story is written in a way that every single character will be relevant to the plot, and it will be told from multiple perspectives from time to time. This is the first time I've ever written a story line for a comic project, I know it may not be the best (like my artwork in general), but this comic serves as the basis for my future as a comic book artist!

The story starts of with our first hero in the story, Frank J. Kings, a young canian (The dog like race, Cornerians are divided into different races based on their physical traits) pilot who suffers from low-self esteem, and has a dream of joining the legendary Star Fox team. The story starts off simple, but as it goes on it evolves into a character based story and therefore, there will be lots of flashbacks and character development to keep the reader wanting more. If you see something out of the ordinary in a page you're reading, sooner or later, that something will be explained in the later pages. For instance "Why is x in here?" "How did x get here?" All those questions are awnsered as you keep reading.

I would like you to give me constructive criticism and other suggestions, so that in the future I may make even better!

click here to read the comic so far:

http://pkultimaga.deviantart.com/art/Another-Story-Cover-260112739

• Like 2

Hey there ! Good to see you're still working on this ! :)

I haven't had much time to read what you've added since last November though, but I'll try to find the time to.

Of course, nothin's gonna stop ol' me! ^^

I've been reading this comic of yours. So far, my major focus of critique as you probably remember has been artwork. I'll wait until you get a bit further into the story before I go after the plot. Currently, the artwork is very clean and distinct, although I do feel certain characters could be further distinguished (Falco and Frank). I encourage you to keep it up and I would be very happy to see you follow through and complete this project!

I'm impressed by how much you've improved since you started your comic! I remember idly looking at your story after seeing some of your pages submitted in one of deviantART's Star Fox groups back in 2011. Looking at it again now, I'm seriously amazed by how good you're getting. Keep up the good work, I'll be watching!

• 4 months later...

http://pkultimaga.deviantart.com/gallery/31856551

EPISODE 1 CHAPTER 1 OFFICIALLY COMPLETE, CHAPTER 2 IN PROGRESS!!!

PLEASE! If anyone could teach me how to attach images in the topics I would appreciate it! Thank you!

(Oh damn I really need to better keep up with that) Whoops!

Attaching images? Simple!
You see that "picture" icon beside the link icon above the text box? Click that and paste the url directly to the image. This means it can't be the DeviantArt page itself, but the direct link. So in Google Chrome, right-click the image and select "Open image in a new tab". In Firefox, it's "View image", but that doesn't open you a new tab like Chrome will.

I can't show you an example right now because it's not letting me hotlink a single image. I'm going to inquire about that.

Also, when you upload your stuff, don't bash yourself in the description alone! It doesn't give the viewer a sense that you're confident in what you're doing, and it highlights what you don't like, possibly giving the viewer a negative opinion of their own.