I shot a gun for the first time today.

manthony_Higgs

Shooting isn't "frowned upon" here, there just isn't a massive ultra-paranoid pseudoconservative culture surrounding the "rights" to own assault weapons.

That being said the last time I shot anything was a dinky air rifle when I was in Air Cadets and I wasn't any good at it, though I kept getting the shitty unbalanced rifles for whatever reason. I'm pretty good at paintball but that's mostly because I'm a sneaky little shit and skinny enough to be hard to hit :B

Eventually though I think I want to take up hunting because I like meat and hate farming practices, it's just a matter of getting the time and finances at this point...

I was in the sea cadets myself when I shot my first gun. I was in 6th grade also.

• 3 years later...
On 2/26/2013 at 9:01 PM, manthony_Higgs said:

Went up to the top of some mountain and shot at soda cans with my Dad and Brother.  It was a Hi-Standard .22 Sentinel.  Nice comfy little gun, it was single action so I had to pull back the hammer after each shot. It wasn't nearly as loud as I thought it would be (but we did use .22 short as opposed to long rifle) and had almost no kick to it. .22 bullets are cheap too, 100 for $10.  Shooting is fun, you guys should do it.

98798794.jpg

That's not the exact gun I used but ours looks pretty much the same.

Fuck you

What a wonderful contribution to this nearly 4-years dead topic. This is the kind of quality posting we need more of here on SFO.

• CrypticQuery locked this topic