Some new/old idea

Mecha-Katt

All right..the idea of mine isn't quite new, since I already played that situation with friends in a Transformers rp, but since it'll work for Starfox as well..

Thing is, you (as your character if you don't want to make a 'new you' up) wake up..on Corneria (but if you want to chose a different planet, go ahead) and you have no idea what is going on: Last thing you remember was how you went to bed, back on planet earth, still a human..now you are on a strange alien planet..worst of all, you aren't a human anymore and have to figure out what went wrong.

Don't know if something like this already exists here or if the idea sounds interesting enough for you.
I can only say..we had a lot of fun with that TF rp |D
---
EDIT:

Hey thanks x3
And sorry..didn't know that with the template (perhaps I should have looked better -,-; )

RP Name/Title - Unknown Planet
Style - Forum
Theme - Starfox
Setting - Lylat System
Description - The Cornerian Police are confronted with a mystery: A Group of strangers appear -seemly out of nowhere- on Corneria. As if that wouldn't be weird enough, they also don't speak their language, never heard of Corneria/The Lylat System, and claim to live on a Planet called 'Earth'. Who are those strangers and what do they want from them?

Goal - To find out who or what brought you into this alien world and for what reason.
Player count - Up to 10
Background: It's a beautiful morning and the sun wakes you -warmly- up. You want to cuddle your pillow, but..what is this stone doing in your bed?
Or better question..where IS your bed? This isn't your room..and definitely not your homeplanet, as you'll soon find out in a very unpleasant manner.
As if your morning hasn't already started worse enough, noticing you also lost your normal human-self/form, the police is on your heels after some citizens reported about your "very strange behaviour" and they aren't very friendly with you, thinking you have to be some sort of spy (or an enemy..something like this). But all you want, is to wake up from this crazy dream!
Notes:
- You don't have to play a FC, you can also only play a canon character.
- If you play a FC, you also have to play a canon character( or two if you wish)

Did I forget anything or is something still unclear? Questions?

hmm this sounds like a great idea, but you might want to put in more details about this RP --->> 

you never know when this idea will turn out to be a great RP ^_^

Thanks, Geo.  This storyline sounds like it could definitely be intriguing; be sure to put it in the correct format as outlined by the link in Geo's post.  Also make sure you have an event-chain prepared as general interaction amongst characters can become stale without a story, plot, and events to drive them. :P

I went ahead and merged your posts to avoid potential confusion.  I do like the description and overall idea of the RP, though I assume you'd be the one pushing the story along with events and also with the control of characters such as the police and other citizens?

Note that canon characters regard characters from the Star Fox games; I assume you do not mean those as they would not necessarily fit with the RP - the development of a persona for each individual is what you seek. 

Not to mention that I believe there are less than ten currently active role-players on this site.  

Other than that, looking good! :-P

I went ahead and merged your posts to avoid potential confusion.  I do like the description and overall idea of the RP, though I assume you'd be the one pushing the story along with events and also with the control of characters such as the police and other citizens?

Thanks ^^

You are half assuming right. Yes I know it's different here, but -since I have that TF rp in my mind as well- you can bring in your ideas too. At least, that's how we handled it. If you have an idea..throw it in, is the idea 'bigger' tell the other players and me about it and we lok if and how it'll fits in. I also had a 'Co-Moderator' there, so you could say, we both had control about the rp story.

If you want to play a random citizien or policeman..go ahead, I don't mind it.

Note that canon characters regard characters from the Star Fox games; I assume you do not mean those as they would not necessarily fit with the RP - the development of a persona for each individual is what you seek. 

Yes, you are completly right about this. If so, only General Pepper could be involved with it since we are viewed as possible threats, so he might want to know about it.

Personally I think, you can develop a individual persona and still play a canon character at the same time, but you probably talk more in the manner of the main focus of the rp might get lost? As you wouldn't focus too much on the own character?

Not to mention that I believe there are less than ten currently active role-players on this site.  

Other than that, looking good! :-P

Ha..should have wrote ten or less xD"

Thanks again!

Thanks ^^

You are half assuming right. Yes I know it's different here, but -since I have that TF rp in my mind as well- you can bring in your ideas too. At least, that's how we handled it. If you have an idea..throw it in, is the idea 'bigger' tell the other players and me about it and we look if and how it'll fits in. I also had a 'Co-Moderator' there, so you could say, we both had control about the rp story.

If you want to play a random citizen or policeman..go ahead, I don't mind it.

No problem. :-)

The only predicament I could see a system like this landing in is if two users' concepts of what is occurring become either contradictory or too severe to handle.  That, and the discussion of an event beforehand amongst the participants tends to take away some of the fun of the RP itself; the idea is based off of spontaneity, surprise, and a feeling of danger and uncertainty.  The throwing out of ideas does ruin some of that.  In regards to other, random characters the same sort of problems could persist.  This, however, would completely be alleviated if a user would play two characters - their own and an NPC [police officer/civilian/something of the sort].  The owner of the RP thread [you, in this case] would have to play any impromptu NPCs that do pop up, not to mention offer ideas to the surroundings of the players in order to advance the plot.  Maybe yourself and another 'manager' of the RP could discuss scenarios and other things if this does end up coming to fruition. 

Yes, you are completly right about this. If so, only General Pepper could be involved with it since we are viewed as possible threats, so he might want to know about it.

Personally I think, you can develop a individual persona and still play a canon character at the same time, but you probably talk more in the manner of the main focus of the rp might get lost? As you wouldn't focus too much on the own character?

Agreed; I don't necessarily see why the canon characters must play a part in the RP at all - Corneria is said to be a sprawling city full of life and other people; why not take advantage of that?  Aside from having a military commando team of particular fame, I'm quite sure that mundane life would continue normally.  Not to mention that canon characters would detract from the development of one's own character over the course of the roleplay. 

No problem. :-)

The only predicament I could see a system like this landing in is if two users' concepts of what is occurring become either contradictory or too severe to handle.  That, and the discussion of an event beforehand amongst the participants tends to take away some of the fun of the RP itself; the idea is based off of spontaneity, surprise, and a feeling of danger and uncertainty.  The throwing out of ideas does ruin some of that.  In regards to other, random characters the same sort of problems could persist.  This, however, would completely be alleviated if a user would play two characters - their own and an NPC [police officer/civilian/something of the sort].  The owner of the RP thread [you, in this case] would have to play any impromptu NPCs that do pop up, not to mention offer ideas to the surroundings of the players in order to advance the plot.  Maybe yourself and another 'manager' of the RP could discuss scenarios and other things if this does end up coming to fruition. 

*nods*

Yes, yes this sounds good to me.

Then lets do it that way. Playing the own character and a NPC.

Agreed; I don't necessarily see why the canon characters must play a part in the RP at all - Corneria is said to be a sprawling city full of life and other people; why not take advantage of that?  Aside from having a military commando team of particular fame, I'm quite sure that mundane life would continue normally.  Not to mention that canon characters would detract from the development of one's own character over the course of the roleplay. 

Yes, true indeed ^^

Then I would only involve Generel Pepper at some point (perhaps other can only be mentioned, however this is optional)

So..is now anyone interested in taking part of it? ^^;