Rennard Fuchs' musicden

RennardFuchs

Hello... well, it's about time I make a topic about my music :D

Here you have the newest song of me :-P

I dedicate this song to Psy_Commando... he really likes it, and is a Fara-fan.

Artwork by Ala1n-J... be sure to chek out his dA page:
http://ala1n-j.deviantart.com
His art inspred me to make a huge project this summer, more I won't tell... and I won't promise that it will work, but I'll pull every string to make this little StarFox/Metal-Fan dream come true... (I think I've told too much).

• Like 4

I can hear the menu screen intro music from SF2 in there just a bit, about 4-5 notes of it :P

Is that you singing? It sounds great.

Hey, thanks Rennard !

I'm not sure what to say but:

………..
……………….__
…………./´¯/‘…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./‘/…/…./……./¨¯
……..(’(…´…´…. ¯~/‘…’)
……………………..‘…../
……….’’…………. _.·´
……………………..(
BRO FIST

^_^

:fara::fay::miyu::pinkkatt::krystal: : "Rock on, Rennard!"

The Fara song kinda fits the style of that Starfox band I've made with the sf girls. Now all we need is a female vocalist. :-P
But as I've already told you, it's a great song! :D

Artwork by Ala1n-J... be sure to chek out his dA page:

http://ala1n-j.deviantart.com
His art inspred me to make a huge project this summer, more I won't tell... and I won't promise that it will work, but I'll pull every string to make this little StarFox/Metal-Fan dream come true... (I think I've told too much).

Ooooooooooh, I'm flattered! I'll wait for the surprise!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you know about the project Alain :D

Yes, I'm singin in every song I've made :D

• 1 month later...

I've started to think about something, but I can't get myself to start on it due to lack of artistic talent, but maybe I'll find some people who would like this idea.
Do anyone here knows the old Star Wars Starfighter battlebook game? If not you can find it legally on the site d6holocron.
In a nutshell, it is a two player game, in which each player sits in the cockpit of either a X-Wing or TIE Interceptor, and tries to shoot down the enemy by outmanouver the enemy.
It sounds complex, but it's easy to resolve once the player plays two turns :-P
I even played a game with Ala1n-J.
Now what's the idea.
I think it would be really nice to make a StarFox: Arwing vs Wolven out of it.
What would be needed?
Each cockpits and ships in different ankles... and that's technically it.
And since the game is out of print, the mechanics are technically free.
If somebody would be eager to help with this project or want to play a game or two via Skype... let me know :-P

• 3 months later...

OK... nobody could join in my song (those who wanted couldn't reach the scale...)

Here it is...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64118134/We%20will%20reach%20the%20stars%208.mp3

The lyrics:
Is this our time,
we ask when we will reach the edge of the sky,
the world around us awaits,
exploring the space,
will our dream come alive...

Say farewell,
when you'll be back then ther'll be stories to tell,
when will we visit a star, and planets afar,
will we ever arrive...

We have a dream, that is forging our lifes,
ascending to the skies, go where noone ever've been,
live, live your dream and make it true,
we believe in you, you're our only hope.
We seek salvation, since the dawn of creation,
when will we reach our goal, our destiny,
fly, fly higher don't look back,
we see our future right there ahead.

We have realised, that we can't stay,
Our future and dreams are that one faithful day,

We will reach the stars...

Go start the engine, your heart beats, the tension,
intentions are pure just as pure are our hearts,
we, we belive in what we do,
we'll follow you, just show the way,
Drops of cold sweat are running down you neck,
this is your moment, no option you'll fail,
close, close your eyes and push the throttle,
Like an angel you will rise, to the star sprinkled skies.

Will the day come, we've waited so long,
Many times we fell, but here's one thing I can tell:

We will reach the stars...
(scream it out)
(believe in yourself)
(never give up)
(keep the faith)
(because one day)

My choir is a placeholder... so you're still free to join :-)
This song will be either:
a) a in-game sound (like a music video on the TV or stuff like that)
b) a in-game song for a level (only the instrumental)
c) the main menu theme if people want it so (very unlikely)
d) it will never appear in-game

Hope you enjoy it :D

Anyways this song shows me that I need better hardware for mastering, either headphones or monitors... both of them cost tons of money (but luckily I quit smoking, and my wallet is filling up with "Gold" again (Poland is I believe the only country that pays with "Gold pieces" :-) )
But the first thing that needs to be done (and which I already ordered) is something I promised Alain...

... oh, and there is something I wanted to do for summer... well, components for this "project" cost a lot of money, but I will start that one day...

I still have some cool news to share... but I prefer to wait untill I get the contract (yes, it's a job, but one I would never think off I would get)...

• Like 2

I somehow missed that you were looking for people to help you with this. I may be able to, depending on the requisite range.

• Like 1

Haven't heard the song yet because I'm at work...but ill bet the second singer would have had to be Tim Ripper Owen level of falcetto...kind of wish I gave it a shot since I used to try and practice higher ranges

Update/edit: Whoops, just started playing the song after I got home.  Not the 80s heavy metal genre.  Not sure of the scale you would expect.  

• Like 1

I do agree with Sroberson in the sense that I'm not quite sure what kind of scale you want people to help you fill in, because it already sounds quite good in my opinion. That said....

Haven't heard the song yet because I'm at work...but ill bet the second singer would have had to be Tim Ripper Owen level of falcetto...kind of wish I gave it a shot since I used to try and practice higher ranges

Update/edit: Whoops, just started playing the song after I got home.  Not the 80s heavy metal genre.  Not sure of the scale you would expect.  

You gave up too quickly on the song Srob :troll: Try listening to it in it's entirety, you'll understand why that beginning portion was needed ;)

• Like 1

Nope... you don't need to make the falsetto... I can handle them.

I wanted to have some background voices in the refrain, nobody wanted to do them (maybe afraid of singing in high scales, but that's not necessary)

I wanted arrange them as a accord:

I'm singing

F    F   G       C    A

We will reach the stars

So you would need to sing

either

A    A    B       D    C

We will reach the stars

or

C    C   D       D    E

We will reach the stars

I made that already. The bass voice is hard to hear, but you can hear my falsett in the second half of the refrain.

But I'm loosing the effect of a choir when I'm singing alone. I can modulate my voice, but if you listen closely it's still my voice... that's why I asked about people who want to join (and I wanted to give SF-O a chance to join and be at least small part of the project ^^ )

So chord progression is F F G Gadd11 Am?

EDIT:

I went ahead and recorded a quick 4-part based on the chord progression above. I can't really do an 80s metal voice, but I can hit the notes.

http://www.dzcomposer.com/betamusic/rennard0001.mp3

BTW, this was quick and dirty. Please don't use it. If it is what you are looking for I will make a proper one for you.

Also, on the subject of monitor headphones, you don't need to spend tons of money to get decent monitor phones. I use a pair of AudioTechnica ATH-M30 and they are pretty decent and not very expensive. Yeah, they cost more than iPhone earbuds, but they're much cheaper than something like Beatz by Dre and even sound better.

• Like 1

Pretty clean... you must have a good mic, and a silent PC (my PC is about 6 years old, so it's noisy as hell). And yes, this is something I was looking for :) I encourage all the other interested in at least trying.
P.S. And you would propably be capable of making high screams... you are singing pretty clearly using your falset :)

I would love to help, but the issue I have is with my mic. It's a headset microphone, Turtle Beach X11's to be exact, and I've tested it on numerous voice recording programs before, but it seems to have some kind of automated noise reduction system built into it, and as a result, from my experiences, it has reduced my voice to make it nearly silent...

Pretty clean... you must have a good mic, and a silent PC (my PC is about 6 years old, so it's noisy as hell). And yes, this is something I was looking for :-) I encourage all the other interested in at least trying.

I use a Shure SM7 mic. It is a really quiet mic, though. A preamp is a must.

As far as the computer, I just upgraded my DAW box last month (Went from a Phenom x4 9600BE and 4GM RAM to a Core i7 4771, 16GB RAM). It used to have a loud CPU cooler, but now it is pretty quiet.

P.S. And you would propably be capable of making high screams... you are singing pretty clearly using your falset :-)

I don't know about screams, but that wasn't easy. You can hear it waiver a bit. That's pretty much the top end of my range.

The bassline was pretty much the bottom, too. Though it was a bassline I added. It pretty much doubles the top voice, except for the Gadd11. In that chord, it stays on the root G.

A falset scream is easy to menage. You basically add a more agressive tone, push the tone higher (and with that a bit more pressure). It's not that hard if you know how it's done. Like in every type of singing, diaphragm is the key.

I would love to help, but the issue I have is with my mic. It's a headset microphone, Turtle Beach X11's to be exact, and I've tested it on numerous voice recording programs before, but it seems to have some kind of automated noise reduction system built into it, and as a result, from my experiences, it has reduced my voice to make it nearly silent...

Maybe your mic is set up too quiet (check your settings). Other than that... I can handle noise reduction, amplifying and all the post-production.

• 2 months later...

Semestr passed (at least there is only one exam left in the worst case).
Anyway, I'm starting on music again, the next song for LLS will be the SATOps theme (so the missile theme from SF2).

I've promised a good friend of mine to make a song. It will be a rock ballad, just like the song I've previously sung with her (and BTW she is the voice actor for one of our OCs).
Lyrics:

Missing

The places I know

Missing

The place where I belong

So many islands far away

I'm here {whispering}

I hope my dream of coming home

won't disappear. {whispering}

Looking

Behind the snowy mist

Looking

For a place I could exist

Gazing at the stars high in the skies

Light my way {whispering}

Spare me from the world of lies.
Where can I stay? {whispering}

I need a place where I can live,

a soul and heart that can forgive,

that people want to make you cry,

just make me deaf, when they will lie,

Find me a place where I belong...

Searching

For something I've lost

Searching

The rivers I've crossed

It's been a long time since I saw your face
I must see [whispering]

I can't afford to lose the trace

Look at me [whispering]

Searching for a place to hide,

Searching for a place where I can stride,

All I want is to hold your hand,
To help me get up and to stand,

Find me a place where I belong...

Here is the previous song I sung with her.

• Like 1

I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when the song is done along with the music. Looking forward to another great year from you Rennard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is a WIP of the song... I get better and better at mastering :3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64118134/techdemo40.mp3

Correct me if I am mistaken, but the middle portion of that piece sounded a lot like "We will reach the Stars" song you did a few months ago. Maybe I am hearing things?

Possible, but it's not intended to sound like that :)

• 4 weeks later...

A new song from me. Lyrics in the description :)

This does not even need lyrics the instrumental is fantastic. I love how you pick up the vocals very slowly, and while its not my preferred style of vocals I must say this is quite good especially considering you had to do all voices yourself. It seems like you have been experimenting as of late outside of the more widely recognized types of music, and you've done a fine job not trying to change your natural sound and blending it instead.

Thanx. I'm trying to get better at the critical points like mastering, while experimenting a bit with genres I'm interested in. So you won't expect any Black Metal here :)
Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it :)