Minecraft Server Testing

DZComposer

EDIT: The server is now on 1.6.

I have the Minecraft server up for preliminary testing and planning.

Feel free to join, but please note that at least until things are set, it will be using a white list.

For instant access, IM me on Steam with your Minecraft.net user account. If you post it in this thread, it may take me a while to get you in.

Because it is still in the planning and early build stages, it is set to creative mode with mobs turned-off.

Server is 74.201.57.200

To connect, go to Multiplayer -> Direct Connect and type the IP address in the blank. Then click Join Server.

Remember: We have mumble: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Server is down until I can figure out why it randomly loses internet connection.

Server is down until I can figure out why it randomly loses internet connection.

I'm no Minecraft expert,but that can sometimes happen if texture packs made specifically for a server isn't built correctly.

I'm not using any texture packs.

Nothing crashes, either. The entire server drops off of the internet. I can VNC into the hypervisor and see everything sill running fine, but nothing can hit the internet. Not Minecraft, not Mumble, not even Firefox.

Fuuu, well when you do figure out the issue, my Minecraft account is fanafox, go ahead and add me to the whitelist.

• Owner/Technical Admin

The new launcher can connect to older versions, not just 1.6.2. In order to do this, you need to create a seperate profile. I'll post detailed instructions for anyone who wants information on how to do it. My launcher is set up so I can connect to the newer 1.6 servers and there's a profile set up for 1.5.2 which I used to play MineZ.

Just wondering: Are PC Minecraft servers compatible with the Xbox360 version?

• Owner/Technical Admin

Unfortunately, no. That would be neat, however.

I've made some changes to the network config on the server. I will also update bukkit to the 1.6 beta and see if that helps. (You will need Minecraft 1.6 at this point.)

Everything worked tonight. I finished my treehouse and Sawtooth built a ship.

• Like 1

So I had an idea: What if our entire spawn area was the Cornerian Complex. Build a giant glass dome or something and put all of the ammenities, hotels, and a bunch of other cool stuff in it. It'd be a big project but if we did it in creative it could potentially be pretty great. Just an idea.

• Like 3

So I had an idea: What if our entire spawn area was the Cornerian Complex. Build a giant glass dome or something and put all of the ammenities, hotels, and a bunch of other cool stuff in it. It'd be a big project but if we did it in creative it could potentially be pretty great. Just an idea.

Or maybe just have a giant underground hangar housing Greatfox :D

• Like 2

• Owner/Technical Admin

That would be a huge feat. It would for sure be easier if you could use WorldEdit to cubiod(fill) in the walls and ceiling, instead of placing blocks one by one. I'm going to make a Temple of Time somewhere on the map.

What about PvP and Survival or Adventure modes?

I'm thinking of building a PvP complex with three fighting venues:

-> 1v1 area, no hazards

-> 1v1 area with hazards

-> Large arena with hazards

Hazards meaning cacti, lava pits, lava fountains, and water fountains. Of course there will be areas of cover from bows, etc.

As far as other modes, I am thinking about keeping the area around spawn in creative, and the rest of the map in survival. WorldEdit allows this. Thoughts?

I've also started on a minecart rail system. It will use a "PEZ-dispenser" to provide minecarts. Empty carts will be returned and reused. Also, any empty carts that leave the arrival bay will be detected and sent back to the station and re-loaded into the cart dispenser. I'll be glad to build a station near any of your large builds, provided they are far enough away from a station. You can build your own stations, too, though I ask you not hook them to the main network unless they can automatically dispense carts, collect carts, and prevent empty carts from fouling the main line.

I will probably rebuild the spawn station, though, as I wasn't sure which way things were going to go until I built it, so it's a bit of a mess.

• Owner/Technical Admin

I like survival mode. I was thinking of making a town of some sort where people can live and will be defended against enemy mobs. would anyone like to help? I have plenty of experience running a Minecraft server, so feel free to ask me any questions. I'm used to having a safe and secure server, so I can recommend a few things. Just ask me. I volunteer to help in anyway I can.

I think I'm going to use this for primary protection instead of WorldGuard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWekSeMi1OE

+1 to the anti-grief plugin, it's WAY easier to use than worldguard and works extremely well.

Otherwise I added more boats and a pier to my section, feel free to explore.

• Owner/Technical Admin

Was just on for a bit. Server either crashed or was rebooted. I abruptly was disconnected.

So, the server-dropping-off-the-internet issue still happens. Still no clue why. I posted a thread about it on the Bukkit forums, no useful replies as of yet.

I wouldn't invest too much more time in building anything. If I can't figure this out, I'm not going to keep this server up because I can't use a script to keep it up. It requires manually rebooting the entire server every time it happens. Not worth it if it can't be fixed.

I'll prolly keep building shit because tbh I have nothing better to do. If it comes to it shoot me the world and I can save it locally.

So I went on the server and I spawned in a dark cave, with a lava pool next to me and a monster spawner in front of me, and I can't build anything.  What happened?  This is my first time connecting too, and no forseeable way out.  I have no items, and I can't dig anything, the blocks just reappear.  

Maybe you're not on the whitelist? I had no problems once I was added, but before I was it would just kick me from the server, not dump me in a monster infested lava hole. O.o;