SFOCast Theater Production Thread - Ep3

DZComposer

She's sick ATM and won't make soup that's all really I can say. That's why she ain't postin'.

Because soup is best medicine.

• 2 weeks later...

If for whatever reason she cannot submit her lines, I am willing to fill in.

It looks like I have to take you up on that.

At the very least I can use them as placeholders so I can compile it.

I may have to pitch-shift the lines a tad if they don't differ enough from your Slippy lines if that's OK.

• Like 1

Hopefully we don't have to get a new voice actor.  It'd suck continuity wise for the sound of her voice

It looks like I have to take you up on that.

At the very least I can use them as placeholders so I can compile it.

I may have to pitch-shift the lines a tad if they don't differ enough from your Slippy lines if that's OK.

See also: GREETINGS STAR FOX!

Ok, I will record as soon as I can.

Would it possible when I'm on Skype next to read over some lines with one or a couple of you (General question, but I know Kage tends to be around Skype a lot).

Yeah, I'm on Skype all the time, seeing as how most of the stuff I do tends to mean me being at my computer.  Just gimme a message and we can set up a time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing this project is dead at this point. Fara is not exactly a part I can fill in for.

Sorry DZ, I haven't been able to record because of personal problems and life clutter. I can try and do some quick lines tonight, but I'm not 100% sure when this week I can do a full session of recording (I don't like to record in chunks).

I'd also like to chat with you about doing Fara's lines if that's ok with you.

What about the changing of pitch and speed? If any other female user here that can mimic the somewhat British accent of Fana there could be a suitable/temporary replacement. 

I listened to a couple files she sent in. Sounds British to me.

I'd also like to chat with you about doing Fara's lines if that's ok with you.

Due to the way things are set up on my machine, I'm more likely to see a Steam chat than a Skype one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got no idea when Fana was last online. I checked her profile, it said 'Last Online: Private'.

Sounds really good... that's somehow confusing... :D

Sounds really good... that's somehow confusing... :D

How so?

EDIT: Aw crap, spoilers DZ if you haven't downloaded the clips yet, but after playing file 0001 a couple times with headphones in, I thought I heard a little pop. Let me know if that or any other lines are an issue.

There are a few plosions in your lines, but so far I've been able to EQ them out.

I am also dropping the pitch on them a couple of semitones. It puts the lines in a somewhat similar pitch range as Fana's which makes the voice actor change less jarring and also better hides that Slippy has the same actor. I'm using a plugin that preserves the tempo, which sounds better than just slowing down the playback speed.

I found when I speak the lines, when I read Slippy, I try to make my voice "lower" but it comes out higher than I want it. I know Fana has a lower voice than me, but I couldn't lower my voice or I'd sound obviously like Slippy, so I tried to make my voice "higher", then it came out lower than I wanted it so I was sounding like Slippy. I think the bigger difference, at least if you're pitch-shifting them is changing the tone. I was trying to use Fana's tone a little more, but also put some energy in it.

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm probably going to put some EQ on them to change things a little more.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is going to be a bit slow. I'm moving at the end of the month so I have to focus on that.