So there's going to be a Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon...

Dr. Orange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm-AFKUmFw

So I found this ... and I just think ... I don't know what to think.

So to my run down.

*AHEM*

So in the future release of a new Sonic Boom game, a new cartoon show of quote:

52 x 11-minute standalone episodes packed full of high-adrenaline action.

The show will be hosted by Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on CANAL J and GULLI in France during the 2014/2015 season. 

And from what I hear in the voices in the trailer, at least Eggman sound to be the same as the vidyagame voice actor from Colors and before that. I don't know so don't hold me over. 

I'll also be honest when I said I cringed with enough force to be called a neutron star.

No more holding you all up here's the Link to Blog

Now I'm just going to let the blog speak for itself now but I just wanted to pull out somethings I saw that I think we all should just notice.

12335876865_a94fd9e172.jpg

Please ... someone ... tell me this isn't right.

Knux looks like he's packing more heat than Nuclear Power plant. Other than that he just looks outright fucked up. Not to mention it looks like he's on enough steroids to grow a fetus in a week. Just to mess with your heads more here's a size comparison.

12336043403_8e8e27c10b.jpg

Also ... granted I like the "New Amy Look." But it just doesn't hold the same characteristic feel like the old Amy. She just looks sassy in this. The Amy I remember was like balling over him. Now it's more "Yeah ... he's alright." I can just hear the artists begin to chant the words R34. 

But the biggest fucking thing for me is...

WHY ARE HIS ARMS FOOKING BLAIUE!?!?

20120820170829Sonic_Art_Assets_DVD_-_Son

This is bugging me the absolute most. Sure it's their own design but ... hell Sonic's been a name for what? 23 years. And we all know he has tan arms. At least someone could pointed that out.

Well that's enough of my ranting. You all decide for yourselves. I just won't come to any conclusion before I see both the show and the game.

Look at all that tape, did they mug a mummy or something? Also Kunckles (<-- intentional misspell) is a triangle now...

• Like 1

[i like the naming thing we've got going with the titles.  Sort of the "NOT SURE HOW I FEEL" genre if you will. :-P]

On the plus side, at least the animation in the teaser was actually pretty good.  I still don't quite understand the proliferation of that tape everywhere though.

• Like 2

Its "Why does Sonic have green eyes!?" all over again.

Well the green eyes thing isn't as bad since sonic didn't have irises at the time and thus no real defined colour to argue to about.

In this case ... we all know sonic has had tan arms since '91.

[i like the naming thing we've got going with the titles.  Sort of the "NOT SURE HOW I FEEL" genre if you will. :-P]

Rename the Picture house to "So there's going to be... House."

• Like 1

Looks like I found some promo art for a soon-to-be-released character.

scotch%20masking%20tape.jpg

• Like 4

Luigi actually seems to be getting the attention he deserves in that above rendering. xD

Everyone's bitching about Knuckles' new design, but his whole gimmick is punching things really fucking hard. Noodle arms just don't make sense. I think it's a great idea for Knuckles McSpikeyfists to be pretty buff.

• Like 2

IDK, I'm not exactly a purist when it comes to SANIC, but this actual looks ok. Yeah you just heard me say that :-P

Also...tape?

I'd figure the tape would have to do with what seems to be a wasteland setting. Can't figure out what would be the reason. Keep your shoes clean or something? Better traction? Fuck I don't know, but it's my guess. :P

Knuckles redesign is kinda weird but it doesn't bother me that much. I mean cmon...he's meant to be the tough guy people..he looked like a wimp even though he was insanely strong. >_>

I LIKE HIS ARMS BLUE. It actually makes sense for him to have fur there.

You goddamn know a Sassy Amy would be way better then what she is right now. I fucking hate Amy so much. If she changes attitudes in this I will be insanely happy.

Overall the animation looks pretty good and the voices sound like the game cast. Sonic and Eggman at least. (Eggman's coat seems cool to me btw)

Love Tails design, and the Tornado looks so high techhhhhh.

I like Sonic's scarf. :I That is all.

• Like 1

At least it soudns more promising that Sonic X. *shudders* Literal... name... translations to Spanish... make it stop! TT_TT

He also got normal hands now, instead of his boxing gloves. He looks crazy absurd and big enough for him to eat the Superbowl to carboload, but since being physical is his catch, it makes sense. It's just visually shocking.

And Amy's FINALLY seems to be going to be of some use for the team. She was literally useless: She wasn't kickass nor smart nor a love interest nor attractive. Eggman also looks very cool with the Theo Roosevelt kind of mustache

I kinda enjoy the blue arms TBH. Body looks more balanced that way. Sure, they could have used the two colors, but it all starts with something

Since it's not on the Sonic's team say, there are hardly things to protest for them to change. It's their POV; you can't go and force them into another one.

P.S: Tails looks fucking awesome. Arguments are invalid. Period

GkXjziv.jpg

Luigi looks like Peter Steele on that picture

Type-O-Negative-sp17.jpg

It doesn't look bad actually, but I still don't like Sonic much.  Why don't other big gaming titles get a show?  Like Mario?

Oh.  Right.  Oh dear,

But what about Legend of Zelda?  

Oh yeah, that one was balls too...

Didn't Sonic's show suck too?

Yeah, see?  Why should it get a reboot?  Wait.  It did?  What became of that then?

Oh, I guess I see your point.  But why another reboot?  Was the 93 series not good enough?

Woah hey. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog Satam were both amazing. If you're gonna pick on a Sonic show pick on X.

Woah hey. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog Satam were both amazing. If you're gonna pick on a Sonic show pick on X.

Ahead of you. Look some posts up.

Not sure how to feel about the Tornado's design change... whats wrong with a single-cockpit plane with sonic riding on the wing? :|

And I concur, noodle arms for knuckles dosent make sense if hes going to be strong and whatnot, I;m onboard with the redesign

Amy... Amy had better not be whatever the fuck she is in the games, because what is is just terrible

Just so you know guys, it's athletic tape. These are athletic characters, and they always have been, yes? Athletic tape keeps people safe, and especially in Knuckle's case, assuming it's wrapped correctly, keeps his bones in place so he doesn't break his hand while he punches things.

Legit real world sports reasons and things, gaiz. Amy having it is likely for a thematic reason (because lord knows if you want to keep a kids attention, give your main team similar, color coded attire *coughPowerRangers*cough*), if not to help her keep traction on that massive weapon she carries around.

The clip was cute, the designs are cute, this is a show for ten year olds and not the nerdlords of days yonder. And that's good, because god knows how godawful Sonic has been since, like, I was ten years old, it's about time they refreshed it while realizing that "refreshing" doesn't mean tossing in werewolves or bestiality or 7841368513544857 new superfluous characters.

We could wax poetic all night about how the characters that launched a thousand terrible deviantArt OC's look too different, but, well

tumblr_n0m50jWS3z1qhhvubo1_400.gif

I giggled when I saw Buff Knuckles but there's at least some logic behind that design, and really, is athletic tape any goofier than Mickey Mouse gloves?

New generation gets a new Sonic, and this time they actually seem to have successfully revamped him while retaining the charm of Ye Good Olde Days. It looks "cool" in a sense that a kid would actually find cool and not like a bunch of old dudes assuming what kids would find cool these days. I hope it goes well!

R.I.P. Tails.

Anyway, I don't get this new CGI approach to cartoons. I know they're kids shows but I see so many TV shows these days using these CG renders of the characters that usually don't look all too great. I saw someone referring to Sonic X and while I'm not going to talk about the show itself, I feel like his art assets in that show look a lot better than the CG-sweep that has other cartoons seem to have fallen to. Granted some cartoons use Pixar-quality effects, but I just don't see how this CG stuff is any better on a large scale.

Everyone's bitching about Knuckles' new design, but his whole gimmick is punching things really fucking hard. Noodle arms just don't make sense. I think it's a great idea for Knuckles McSpikeyfists to be pretty buff.

The problem with their "bitching" is that I don't think anyone has any problem with the logistics of a character like Knuckles having a much larger body mass than the others due to his main gimmick, and rather that throughout all of Sonic history he had the exact same physique as the other characters and it's only now that we are seeing a redesign. It's a continuity issue more than a realism issue.

Wait a minute, there's a game coming out based on the cartoon as well?

Ah jeez, Sega better not take the Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures route with this one. :/

Bring back Sonic Underground. So cheesy. So cool.

But yeah this looks alright, although Knuckles is really hulked out, I cannot imagine him with a voice? xD

And why does Sonic remind me of Egoraptor wth. xD

It's a continuity issue more than a realism issue.

Sonic Boom is already confirmed not necessarily part of the same continuity. It will supposedly have no bearing on the current Sonic series, so think of it like a spin-off.

Voila, now it doesn't matter whether anyone's designs are congruous with their old ones!

Sonic Boom is already confirmed not necessarily part of the same continuity. It will supposedly have no bearing on the current Sonic series, so think of it like a spin-off.

Voila, now it doesn't matter whether anyone's designs are congruous with their old ones!

That's not what I mean. I'm not saying "Look how this his design is totally inconsistent with his old one with no explanation, therefore it makes no sense". What I mean is about how his appearance here radically differs from what we are more used to seeing. Speaking in my capacity, I can't look at his head without imagining it on the other body only to see it on that new one.

Granted, I'm not much of a Sonic fan so I won't be watching much if any of this cartoon, but I can see how there could be some tension on the new character design, especially since while everyone else looks mostly the same except for maybe a few different outfits, his entire body was changed.

Because short of Amy wielding a giant fuck-off hammer with her noodle arms, the character designs for the main characters didn't need to be changed to make sense. Sonic is thin, because he's a runner. Tails is small because he flies and shit. Knuckles punching things really hard makes lots of sense if he's buff, not so much if he has the exact same body type as Sanic the Hodgeheg

And seriously, what the hell is wrong with a little variety? Now there's at least one character other than Eggman who's immediately distinguishable based on silhouette. That's great.

And why does Sonic remind me of Egoraptor wth. xD

This is not a problem. Arin is amazing.

• Like 2