So there's going to be a Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon...

Dr. Orange

And seriously, what the hell is wrong with a little variety? Now there's at least one character other than Eggman who's immediately distinguishable based on silhouette. That's great.

Because that variety has a head way too small for his body. 

Granted I like the tape. I have nothing wrong with that because I use tape. But the Knuckles issue. No it's not variety and It ain't a spin-off.

It's nothing more than an attempt to be logically correct and doubling up on it. If making Knuckles a bodybuilder is right then they should do the same with Amy. That and isn't the head a bit too small for the body? Does no one else think that? 

They can edit and morph the clothing and looks, but when it comes to STH characters anatomy, the lean body shape is something that should stay. 

Edit: Also for Lonewolf

sanic_by_the_art_fart-d69bvq6.png

• Like 1

Dude, I'm no bodybuilding expert but I'm pretty sure if some dude goes and gets hella jacked his head isn't gonna magically swell up to match his biceps.

And I mentioned that Amy's hammer should probably take some muscles to wield, yeah, but she's the token chick character for a fucking Sonic cartoon of course they're not gonna bulk her up.

• Like 1

but she's the token chick character for a fucking Sonic cartoon of course they're not gonna bulk her up.

Though, now that I am thinking of it, that might be pretty bad ass...Take that concept art a step further and give her some muscle with that sass.

Kind of sad that Tails' personality in the trailer (video clip?) didn't seem to have the same personality displayed in the picture.  Wish he was granted some attitude to break away from Sonic's token sidekick role.   

Yeah, I saw that when I heard that Sonic Lost World was released. I quite liked the old Sonic cartoons when I was younger, especially Sonic X. Hope this new one is good! :)

I really don't see a problem with Knuckles new design. Heck, I'd go as far to say that I like it better than his old one. Even if that opinion will get me bricked.

Amy swinging around a hammer while still having rubber hoses for arms is still kinda weird but the Piko-Piko Hammer always struck me more as a comedy prop more than an actual weapon to be take seriously.

Tails has goggles. Sonic has a scarf. Movin- what? Sonic's arms are now blue? ....Yippy-Skippy?

Wha? I'm supposed to hate this? Uh.... Down with this sort of thing?

I really don't care.

The tape is a bit excessive if ya ask me. Even if it is athletic tape as Sarita suggested, when does one put athletic tape on their shoes? Seriously, no matter how one wants to explain it, I think they should really tone down all the wrapping.

Dras brought a good point with how the new designs make the characters look more distinct. I really like that as well. I used to hear Knuckles referred to as "Red Sonic" and May as "Girl Sonic" almost as if Sonic himself was his own species (Keswick anyone?). It's cool to see the variance and I wonder if other characters will receive a similar treatment. Looks all cool to me.

Oh, and before we see Knuckles act dumb in the show and people start calling out his design as just exacerbating the whole strongman idiot bit, let's just remember that Knuckles really wasn't all that smart to begin with.

• Like 3

Oh, and before we see Knuckles act dumb in the show and people start calling out his design as just exacerbating the whole strongman idiot bit, let's just remember that Knuckles really wasn't all that smart to begin with.

As long as he isn't turned into a Jersey Shore reject, he'll be alright. Big dumb muscle is such a cliche thing.

And I don't get all this Amy thing with her hammer. She always handled that thing since I can remember, so now it's a problem?

Knuckles wasn't even close to honour role, yet he was smart in the series and in lore. He just a hothead which makes people think that he is stupid. And the real define reason he's a hot head is that he's proud or his culture and of who he is.

Now, honestly, I'm not going to condone his new look in anyway and I thin if stated this way too much already, but the original look was comical but it worked. If it ain't broke, why fix it? 

EDIT: Also found this.

IQX3FFh.jpg

• Like 1

I can't imagine what was going on with the focus group.

Regarding the tape on the shoes, it wasn't until today that I remembered that some dancers wrap tape around their shoes to try and keep their shoes on their feet...Which makes perfect sense since we are discussing a being that can travel at the speed of light.  If say, Irish step dancers can lose their shoes during their routine, I think Sonic may have a pretty difficult time keeping them on.  

• Like 1

I wonder how many people whining about the tape have played and enjoyed literally any game put out by Square-Enix.

• Like 4

i'm just surprised they managed to draw Sonic just standing there, albeit with tape on his arms and legs, instead of winding up drawing Sonic blaming the Jews for 9/11 while climbing inside Eggman's anus and giving birth to Bill Murray or whatever, like how it usually works

they've cracked the code

tumblr_n0ljz67wwI1qa9ljbo2_r1_1280.jpg

Remember me, Sonic?

WHEN I ROBOTICIZED YOUR BROTHER, I TALKED

JUST!

LIKE!

THIIIIS!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm actually very excited for this...This to me has a Saturday morning cartoon feel to it.

Besides...I find Sonic X to be a bit overrated.