The future of SFOCast Theater - What would you like to see?

Clearwater

What kind of episodes should SFOCast do now?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of episodes should SFOCast do now? [THIS POLL IS UNOFFICIAL]

• Episodes based on StarFox
    • Episodes based on other games (Mario, etc...)
    • Episodes based on StarFox fan-fics
    • Episodes based on non StarFox fan-fics

What with everyone discussing where SFOCast Theater should go in terms of new episodes, I thought I'd take the time out

to make this poll. So, what would you like to see SFOCast do now? Episodes based on the official video games of StarFox, SF fan-fics,

or non StarFox stuff?

I would really like to see SFOCast expanded and not limited to canon and official comics.

Please note that this poll is unofficial.

For one, I can already say that SFOCast will NOT be going Non-Star Fox.

SFOCast should be kept like the name and stay Starfox Online Casts. I love other Nintendo characters, don't get me wrong, but this was started as a Starfox themed story and I personally would like to keep it that way. 

Because, y'know, we all enjoy Starfox and came here for it.

Also, please, keep personal fan fictions away. I won't say names and a lot of writers here have some good works, but not everyone can write a good story and keep it generally interesting. And a lot of Fanfics have this issue of tweaking the story to include extra characters and un-needed information and useless scenarios. Sometimes to the point were it isn't as much Starfox as is just their own story with Starfox elements.

Now if it were a group writing of a continuation of the original four episodes, that might be something to consider.

I think we should write original episodes, honestly. There's such a huge margin of error in adapting something into a radio drama, to be frank it was a little hard to follow the episodes we already have just because the story was intended to be presented through a visual medium.

The best way to do this, I think, would to present it as a kind of Lylat Anthologies. Set some guidelines (don't throw your OCs into it, no "humans in starfac" business, etc), set up a loose framework for the overall world (eg "takes place between Adventures and Assault"), and then have each episode be a self-contained story written by a different person, with maybe a staff member or someone keeping an eye on continuity as the series progresses.

A way to choose episode writers would be to allow members of SFO to submit brief episode pitches (like a logline or something) and then either have the staff decide or put it to the polls.

• Like 1

I think we should spice it up every now and then and have some game reviews mixed in as well. Here's how I see it playing out:

We start out with a small news recap of the site and any news on Star Fox. give that about five minutes or so. Then we move into a weekly game review, pick any game, and person, and have them give a quick review of it. After that we move on to gaming news in general, and then wrap up with the Theatre section, having a dramatic reading of a Star Fox fanfic.

I'd say five minute news, five minute review, five minute news, and about ten minute theatre runs about 25 minutes. We could easily shorten it but thats what Im thinking so far.

Well the thing about SFOCast is that it was a story about Starfox. That's what made the recording interesting. I don't see the reason to include a review on video games when there's only seven games out of Starfox alone. And there isn't enough news on Starfox to even do a Cast every month unless you're implying about fan-works and/or community projects.

Yeeeeah...

For one, I can already say that SFOCast will NOT be going Non-Star Fox.

Seems to me like it still needs to be primarily a radio drama and just have extremely brief "commercial breaks" to maybe mention fan projects or news, which there will be very few of I'm sure.

I had a flick around the Sf-O FanFic forum, and I found a great story called Star Fox: The Art Of War written By Star Dragon. We should do a series based on that.