PSA: Don't use IE - Massive security hole

DZComposer

>2014

>Using Explorer

my sides are off to saturn

No but seriously. If you can't use anything else such as in a Library or something, be on your toes. I've seen some really spooky things people can do with IE and just a dab of information from raiding Webcams to all sorts of unfriendly things. 

In case anyone really wants to use IE still, I am pretty sure Microsoft released a security patch for it early today.  It showed up on my Update server at work and was worrying about trying to force it to install on everyone's computer.

Jokes on them really...since there are multiple dummies on the network that insist that they still need Windows XP...

Fix'd for obvious reasons.

PE2ZRL3.jpg

I just disable IE on my computer. One less browser to be a default choice.

Don't have a source for it, but apparently a poll showed IE's highest usage rate is on weekdays, and Chrome and Firefox have their highest usage rates on weekends.

Conclusion: People use IE too much at school and work.

Conclusion #2: IE is NSFW and shouldn't be used in those environments.

On a related note, Firefox just installed an update today that royally fucked-up my shit. "It's the most customizable Firefox ever!" *removes all of the advanced customization features* Fuck You, Mozilla.

I swear to god, I am getting sick of web browser developers. IE is a joke, Opera sucks, Chrome is not customizable and has a terrible UI, and now Firefox acts like Chrome. Fuck. This. Shit.

This post was made with Pale Moon. http://www.palemoon.org/

I really don't want to use SeaMonkey, but that is my last resort if Pale Moon either goes to the dark side or the developer disappears.

Firefox has sucked horribly for a while now. It just stopped working properly for a ton of sites overnight--loading SF-O, Google and a couple others became a nightmare, the entire browser would lock up. I've been generally okay with using Chrome since then but yeah I guess 2014 has been the Year Of Browsers Shitting Their Pants.

• Like 2

I would switch to Chrome immediately if it weren't for the god-awful UI.

Seriously, I'm fucking sick of this form-over-function crap. It used to be just Apple that did that shit. Now everyone is doing it. Microsoft. Google. Mozilla. Nintendo. FUCKING STOP IT!

I seriously would be using SeaMonkey if it weren't lacking some modern features and had a little more customization. Also compatibility with Firefox extensions. This is what a browser should look like, function wise: '> . Yeah, it looks like Netscape circa 1999, but it functions like a damn browser should function. Pretty it up but keep the functionality.

Can't you just run with an old version of Firefox?  I know there are some homebrew versions of Firefox as well that strip away the extras that bloat the browser - might lose some functionality though along the way.  

Uh, EI master race. This loop hole is just a government plan to stop us. But they can't. None can. IE is great if you can deck it put with some cool things. Long live the old person browser!

• Like 1

IE is great if you can deck it put with some cool things.

You cite the main problem, I don't feel like beating the shit out of IE to make it work.

Isince there are multiple dummies on the network that insist that they still need Windows XP...

Don't know about "need," but many a people, use xp, i've seen. Most notable restaurants and department stores.

-----

Also, I want Chrome to have my incest  babies. Pretty sure I need IE fer FlashDevelop, so it can stay buried deep somewhere on the drive.

Can you do or make a "Tab to Search" function in Firefox or IE? I've become quite fond of searching images, newegg, wikipedia, GDrive, DA..on and so on in Chrome at the tab..

Don't know about "need," but many a people, use xp, i've seen. Most notable restaurants and department stores.

My users say that they need to keep Windows XP around for "testing software" to support clients that are still using Windows XP.  It's kind of lame and I wish they would evolve into the 21st century (and stop developing on FoxPro).  I sure hope those restaurants and department stores aren't using XP for their point of sale devices or to handle credit cards >_> ... PCI audits for everyone!!!

I used to use Flock, but it was discontinued a long while ago.  Now I use Chrome.  I guess I'm not using browsers the same way as you, DZ, but I've had no real complaints with it.

This post was made with Pale Moon. http://www.palemoon.org/

I really don't want to use SeaMonkey, but that is my last resort if Pale Moon either goes to the dark side or the developer disappears.

goddamn power users

/uses chrome because google products run my life already

• Like 1

I swear to god, I am getting sick of web browser developers. IE is a joke, Opera sucks, Chrome is not customizable and has a terrible UI, and now Firefox acts like Chrome. Fuck. This. Shit.

Opera has become my backup for Chrome, but I wish I could use Chrome's 2010 design. It made way more sense and you could actually do things.

Opera's latest versions have crappy installers and the customization is terrible, so I've reverted to a slightly older version, but it's clunky as hell.

This is what my Opera layout looks like.(You can see I don't use it much)

849500cc38.png

While I have more issue with Chrome than the New Tab page going to hell, I personally like Lightning Speed Dial extension. (The recent tabs function is now inconvenient, the impossible-to-see scrollbar, etc.)

I accidentally closed out of my old firefox... then it forced the update and now I am a sad Scourgie..

Seriously though, companies, I know Apple made shittons of money but that DOSENT MEAN EVERYONE HAS TO START APING THEIR DESIGNS, AND NOW BECAUSE EVERYONE IS TRYING TO BE APPLE, ALL COMPANIES ARE DOING THIS OVERLY-SIMPLISTIC GRAPHIC STYLE WITH NO CUSTOMIZATION IN ANY WAY THAT JUST... ALIUGFLJSBF;.

I NEED TO KILL SOMETHING NOW.

Scourge: Use Pale Moon. It's Firefox without the bullshit. It even has a profile migration tool that will move over all of your settings, histories, cookies, and extensions.

I believe the one who started the browser UI bullshit was Chrome. Because of it's superior speed and stability, it overtook Firefox as the "Not IE" browser of choice.

Seeing Chrome's success, everyone tried to emulate Chrome's look.

This is like fucking New Coke. More people were drinking Pepsi, and Coca-cola decided that the solution was to make Coke taste somewhat similar to Pepsi. Focus group testing went well, so they ran with it. Then the whole freaking country shit a brick! There were even congressional hearings! Turns out, if people want to drink something that tastes like Pepsi, they'll drink Pepsi. And everyone who drinks Coke because they wanted to drink something that tastes like Coke naturally got pissed-off.

Turns out, if people want to drink something that tastes like Pepsi, they'll drink Pepsi. And everyone who drinks Coke because they wanted to drink something that tastes like Coke naturally got pissed-off.

Can I please get this as a metaphor, engraved on large lead bars, and sent to every company... ever?

Yes, I understand you can take something thats good and improve on it, but FOR FUCK'S SAKE, IT DOES NOT WORK 100% OF THE TIME AND IT CERTAINLY WONT WORK IF YOU CHANGE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU FUCKING CORPORATE MORONS

Man, this is one hell of a rage fest we got going on. All the feels.

Seriously though, its a browser you didnt pay anything for.

and if people like Mozilla wanna keep in business, they'll listen right and good to what the people downloading their web-browser are sayin' else nobody's gonna be downloadin' it.

Argument:

Mozilla sucks and if they want my business, stop sucking

Conclusion:

Use Chrome

Followup argument: 

Chrome sucks

Followup conclusion to the followup argument:

Use Opera

Followup argument to followup conclusion to the followup argument:

Opera also sucks

Followup conclusion to the followup argument to the followup conclusion....

Use Safari

*Awaits the Safari hate*

The hate train has to stop somewhere and we can all settle on at least a browser that is only mildly offensive.  It just seems like a lot of butt hurt over a free program that I have always felt like was just a graphical difference (kind of like Facebook GUI changes, with similar public outry!).  Perhaps I use browsers like a caveman and only care about bookmarks, tabs, and if the website content shows in a reasonable time. 

• Like 1

I solved this Browser problem awhile ago when I started running everything on my Toaster with a Shoe. It's been operation really quickly for the past couple years and the UI is pretty good. When I don't want to run shoe through it I add a temporary bagel or even wads of dry leaves when I need a speedy warm up. It's been keeping me sane and it works. 

• Like 3

I solved this Browser problem awhile ago when I started running everything on my Toaster with a Shoe. It's been operation really quickly for the past couple years and the UI is pretty good. When I don't want to run shoe through it I add a temporary bagel or even wads of dry leaves when I need a speedy warm up. It's been keeping me sane and it works. 

Suddenly, the world makes so much more sense....I may now achieve Nirvana.