Predator and Prey (Discussion)

Star_Dragon

Any problems/requests/etc should go here. Furthermore, any latecomers looking to join should apply here. I'll see if I can fit you into the RP wherever we are at that point.

--SD

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Star_Dragon

• Clearwater

• OneUnder

• Arminius H O Fiddywinks

We could have - but I saw no point in delaying the RP. If any latecomers come to the RP wanting to join, I'd be glad to include them. This RP can support that.

Oh, and Star, whatever you do, please don't fry their camera? lol That's, like, the epicenter of the RPing style I'm trying and how Derek and Amelia are telling their side of the story.

Don't fret - I wasn't going to.

I would be interested in joining this with my character Ashlin, if there is still room.

You've actually asked at an opportune time, as the s**t in this RP hasn't quite hit the fan yet. Just post a character profile and (if necessary) how he ended up on Virnat before you post in the actual RP.

Where would you like me to paste the character profile?

Here in this thread would be just fine - then post a link with your first post in the RP.

Name: Ashlin "Ash" Thorne

Sex: female

Species: Desert Fox

Homeplanet: Titania

Height: 5'9

Weight: 148

Profession: Sniper

Appearance: Light tan fur color, medium length brown hair usually tied back into a pony tail and green eyes.

Clothing: Wears loose desert camouflage cargo pants, a dark gray tanktop, and black lensed goggles on top of her head. She also as a small PDA strapped to her left wrist. Bio: Ashlin prefers the term "gun for hire" over mercenary, but thats exatly what she is. Going where the money takes her, she completes jobs by taking the heads off targets from a comfortable distance. She enjoys the harsh desert climate she grew up in and has the proper knowledge of how to survive in it.

Weapons: Venomise sniper rifle with an 8 round clip, a standard Venomise handgun, and combat knife.

Ill make my first post in a little bit.

Very well. Post when ready, but I'd advise you read through the presentation topic to get an idea of the intended storyline:

EDIT: After counting the players in this RP (myself and russiandog included), I have determined we have room for one last player before we hit the max. Anyone wanting to sign up for this, do so now.

I would participate, but I'm not quite too sure about how this RP lark works, if you could be so kind as to explain.

It's quite simple to me; first part, escape and evade. We have to work together to survive an attack on the colony we all start on. Along the way, we are to help other colonists get away from the enemy (who will remain nameless at this time). Second part, we are to investigate and take down the threat that attacked the colony. However, the reason this RP is named "Predator and Prey" is because the whole way, we will have, shall we say, a predator hunting us the entire time - even going so far as to thwart our efforts. I'm sorry, but I cannot reveal any elements of the story at this time - I want everything to be a bit of a surprise.

It's quite simple to me; first part, escape and evade. We have to work together to survive an attack on the colony we all start on. Along the way, we are to help other colonists get away from the enemy (who will remain nameless at this time). Second part, we are to investigate and take down the threat that attacked the colony. However, the reason this RP is named "Predator and Prey" is because the whole way, we will have, shall we say, a predator hunting us the entire time - even going so far as to thwart our efforts. I'm sorry, but I cannot reveal any elements of the story at this time - I want everything to be a bit of a surprise.

Okay, I.... think I get the idea. I'd like to sign up if possible.

Character Bio:

Name: Salto "Sal" Gelado

Sex: Male

Species: Anthromorphic Red-and-Green Macaw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-and-green_macaw

Homeplanet: Earth

Height: 1m 79cm

Appeareance: Mainly red body, with traces of green and blue feathers on his wings. One of his green eyes is hid

behind a long strand of head feathers. Muscular enough to show that he is a good freeflyer and freerunner, but

not too overly done to show he's a macho man. Or rather, macho bird.

Clothing: Wears an echo hat ('>)

with knitted holes just big enough to let some of his head feathers out. Always carries a headset so he can stay

connected with his acquatainces and friends.

Personality: Salto is a nomad, his life taking him wherever he flies or freeruns to. One day, he arrives on Virnat,

taking a break from his constant travelling, when he gets caught up in the attack you mentioned.

Speaks with a fairly distinct Brazilian accent. Speaks fluent English and French, but struggles with the

occasional word in times of stress.

I'll get my first post up as soon as possible, but I cannot guarantee I'll have the time to always check by in this

RP. Also, since you guys are in America and I'm in France, time zones may also be an issue.

EDIT: (By the way, guess who this is? it's me! Neoware!)

Very well. Post when ready.

So Star said no more players could now be able to join, because all the spaces have been filled by us, but what
about adding new characters that each player can control? No, I'm not going there... not yet anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't rp y'all, just been way to busy over this past month, regretfully Im removing myself from the rp

I can't rp y'all, just been way to busy over this past month, regretfully Im removing myself from the rp

Aw, man, that's too bad. :(

If that's the case, I presume we have another vacancy in this RP.

Such a shame. Well, we now have a vacancy in this RP. Any takers?

So Star said no more players could now be able to join, because all the spaces have been filled by us, but what

about adding new characters that each player can control? No, I'm not going there... not yet anyway.

Please clarify.

Such a shame. Well, we now have a vacancy in this RP. Any takers?

I will admit that I'm tempted to take you up on this offer. I'll need some time to decide - those midterms won't study for themselves and I don't want to have to randomly drop out midway through.

Very well. I'll hold off as long as I can with the next part of the RP to give you time to decide (assuming someone else doesn't beat you to it). But please - hurry. I don't want the RP to be locked for inactivity before I can execute the storyline.

Thanks - I'll jump in once you give me the greenlight. With that said, I'd like to use Neil as my character for this if that's alright. 

Name: Neil Suarez
Species: Raccoon
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 138 lbs
Build: Lightweight
Eye Color: Navy Blue

Fur Patterns: Mainly light-gray throughout his body, but below the knees and past the elbows, coloring quickly fades toward a black that carries down and over to his hands and feet. Black fur coloration around the eyes, flanked by a bit of white fur covering his face is also present. Standard body-colored tail with black rings, the usual for the species is evident as well.

Personality: When it comes to being friendly, generally fun to be around, there aren't many that can match Neil's prowess. Knowing that "killing them with kindness" was always his favorite route to take, he will often go out of his way to compliment others or even just begin speaking to strangers like he's known them for years.  This raccoon can usually be found sporting that winning smile of his, though this can often be interpreted as an air of cockiness; who knows, that could be right as well.

Quirks: Neil has no qualms with being out during the day or night, and is generally happy to be up and about.  He absolutely adores anything relatively shiny and/or reflective.  The raccoon will oftentimes go out of his way to strike up conversations with others.

---

Songs:

Stray Cats - Rock This Town
Wang Chung - Everyone Have Fun Tonight

Glenn Frey - The Heat is On

Steve Winwood - Roll with It

Thanks - I'll jump in once you give me the greenlight. With that said, I'd like to use Neil as my character for this if that's alright.

Name: Neil Suarez

Species: Raccoon

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 138 lbs

Build: Lightweight

Eye Color: Navy Blue

Fur Patterns: Mainly light-gray throughout his body, but below the knees and past the elbows, coloring quickly fades toward a black that carries down and over to his hands and feet. Black fur coloration around the eyes, flanked by a bit of white fur covering his face is also present. Standard body-colored tail with black rings, the usual for the species is evident as well.

Personality: When it comes to being friendly, generally fun to be around, there aren't many that can match Neil's prowess. Knowing that "killing them with kindness" was always his favorite route to take, he will often go out of his way to compliment others or even just begin speaking to strangers like he's known them for years.  This raccoon can usually be found sporting that winning smile of his, though this can often be interpreted as an air of cockiness; who knows, that could be right as well.

Quirks: Neil has no qualms with being out during the day or night, and is generally happy to be up and about.  He absolutely adores anything relatively shiny and/or reflective.  The raccoon will oftentimes go out of his way to strike up conversations with others.

---

Songs:

Stray Cats - Rock This Town

Wang Chung - Everyone Have Fun Tonight

Glenn Frey - The Heat is On

Steve Winwood - Roll with It

Oh, cool, that guy's joining us. :yes:

Very well. Post when ready.

• Like 1

Just so you guys know, I'm heading away for a weeks break back in my native country of England. To see how this'll
affect my RPing and posting status, read here: