• Windows 98
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows ME
    • Windows XP
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 10

My favorite version was always Windows XP, because It gives me the most nostalgia.

(Note that I did not include the NT versions of Windows, because they took up too much room in the poll.)

I've got some nostalgia left for Windows 98, but 7 is my favorite so far. Its interface is great, everything is laid out logically, and it doesn't try to reinvent the wheel unnecessarily.  I am curious to see how Windows 10 shapes up though. 

7 is the best, but XP was a great OS during it's time. Definitely the first genuinely good version of Windows outside of NT releases, seeing as how 3.x and 9x were pretty buggy and unstable. (Though admittedly, I have nostalgia for 98 and I like it's interface. And yes, I still use XP. I do want to build a new computer with 7, but I've been lazy.)

10 definitely looks like a apology letter for 8's UI.

I dig win 8.1. As long as I don't tap the win key everything is great.

This. It's a pretty great OS if you aren't a power user. I can see why they considered it a failure considering how many Windows users are power users.

Hi,

I took Win7, because I still use it on my main PC (never change a running system). But I also had no problems with Windows Vista. And on my notebook I have Windows 8 since day 1 and it runs perfectly with absolutely no problems and extremely fast. So you could say I like all of them.

I've tested Win 10 in a VM-Environment and still it's quite fast and also took over all my settings from Win 8 (including my wallpaper) just after I typed in my Live-Account. I'm sure it will be a good OS.

7 for now, but if they actually listen to the feedback, 10 is looking really promising.

So far, there are a couple of "annoying but I can live with it" things and nothing yet has made me go "FUCK. THIS." like Win8 did.

Windows 7 has 7 votes at 70 percent.

There are 3 sevens.

Half life 3 confirmed.

Windows 8 is the cancer.

So far, there are a couple of "annoying but I can live with it" things and nothing yet has made me go "FUCK. THIS." like Win8 did.

Don't h8 the 8.

I've always been pretty comfortable with 7. I originally started using windows xp from my child-hood onward, but 7 made an easy transition. The directory management's pretty straightforward, the control panel is user-friendly, and overall is pretty stable. I've never once had an issue with it.

Windows 8 on the other hand I've just some pretty bad experiences with. I don't own a system with the operating system, per-say, but at first glance I just couldn't make heads or tails of it. It actually was the cause of me failing my final exam in my C++ course since my work was moved to a different directory that I just couldn't bloody find after the college decided it was a good idea to upgrade my work-station.

• Like 1

As a young child I had windows Me (Which was pretty good. I don't recall a single problem other then I think my hot wheels 2 game disk crashing) and then when I was older is when my mom got a vista...

OHHHHHHH THE VISTA!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing but pain and agony from this one. Now I don't know if it was vista or the computer, but it ran slower than anything I've ever used, constant freezing, and just all this other stuff. I hear vista is very complex inside so the crashing are things colliding but I don't know.

So then A few years ago I got a new computer for gaming with windows 7 and has been pretty dang good. Only issues are a few freezing at times with assassin creed 3 and 4 though I'm pretty certain that's a u-play problem. (The other problem with 7 is drivers don't update automatically or tell you when there is a new one available. So you need to get a program/keep up with that yourself.

But my best experience has been with 7. 10 is looking pretty nice so far but I'll have to wait and see.

It was probably geoprimedonna. :troll:

....okay just kidding, I shouldn't be that mean.

Which one of you sick bastards voted for Windows 3.1?

Sick bas... Do you know what yo talkin about boy?! This is windows 3.1 we are talking about. This beast of an OS was pretty damn innovative. This sexy beast introduced the truetype font system, allowing publication, meaning that many writers actually got the opportunity to make money from their amazing books instead of HOPING that they can find someone or something to publish for them. ANNNDDDD had backward compatibility in case people were too stuck in the past to upgrade.

And guess what? We were able to not only use a mouse pad now, but also move your icons around the desktop. That's right, tired of your forced disorganized mess? Just make your OWN disorganized mess so the only person you can blame is yourself.

But that's not it. Ohhhhhhh no no no NO. The applications and add ons. For example, the pen. Tired of mouse pads and its inaccuracy and slowness? Just use a pen pad and you can use your pin to click around. Now instead of moving the mouse to somewhere, you can just teleport it to where you need it. This feature is so bad ass that we as humans can't even comprehend its greatness so we use the pathetic and slow mouse.

Now for all you gamers being like "Wat aboot te games????" Well the 3.1 had REAL games like solitaire, Mah Jonng, Kye, and who can forget, Bang Bang. You know, games you actually had to think about to beat instead of mindlessly flying around pretending to be some furry fox who gets a crush on some girl from another species (You sick kids and your bestiality)

On a serious note though, after my research for 3.1 to make a over dramatized post, what's so bad about 3.1? It had several improvements over 3.0 and introduced ALLOT of things. (It came down to bashing modern day stuff because it had so little wrong with it DX

And guess what? We were able to not only use a mouse pad now, but also move your icons around the desktop.

That was introduced in Windows 95, not 3.x.

Let's be honest, a lot of the stuff in the UI of 3.x was introduced years earlier with Apple's UIs in the 80's. (Of course, that was back when Apple actually made good fucking computers opposed to the shit they do nowadays.) The issue with 3.x/9x was that they were unstable, buggy as shit, and prone to BSODing. Granted, it was no where near as bad as ME but it still pissed a ton of people off which is why Microsoft had a pretty bad reputation back then. (And still do now, to an extent.) Outside of nostalgia and running older software, they really serve no purpose these days.

That was introduced in Windows 95, not 3.x.

Let's be honest, a lot of the stuff in the UI of 3.x was introduced years earlier with Apple's UIs in the 80's. (Of course, that was back when Apple actually made good fucking computers opposed to the shit they do nowadays.) The issue with 3.x/9x was that they were unstable, buggy as shit, and prone to BSODing. Granted, it was no where near as bad as ME but it still pissed a ton of people off which is why Microsoft had a pretty bad reputation back then. (And still do now, to an extent.) Outside of nostalgia and running older software, they really serve no purpose these days.

The things I read say it was 3.1 that introduced the pen pad. Maybe it just didn't get popular till 95 or maybe it was some really weird thing you had to do with 3.1 and became "official" or at least a common feature in 95 instead of it being an add on.

And it also said that 3.0 was the buggy one while 3.1 basically fixed all those crashing and buggy issues by taking out the cause of it. (Also, what issues did ME have? I have a ME in my closet and not once has that crashed on me or even be slightly buggy. I actually had better luck with the ME than my windows 7 (Though I didn't do as much on the ME as the 7 so that may not be a fair comparison)

But everything else I can agree with. I was assuming that 3.1 was terrible with how DZ was talking so I wanted to try and make it seem god like buuuuuuuut that ended up being harder than I thought because I didn't find many problems... (Not that I searched too hard for it)

(I wasn't born back then so I don't know all that fun stuff. I grew up with windows ME and windows Vista.

I used to hate W7 cos I was used to using XP. Now I hate W8 cos I was used to W7.

For me, the ONLY good thing about Windows 8 is how quickly it loads. Which is why I stick to Windows XP.

For me, the ONLY good thing about Windows 8 is how quickly it loads. Which is why I stick to Windows XP.

I think that may actually be your processor. On my laptop it takes FOREVER  to load windows 7 (And my dads laptop takes a minute too)

But my gaming computer is basically instant loading for windows 7. 

I think that may actually be your processor.

That's actually really strange for me, since I only have a 2.66GhZ single-core processor, yet Windows 8 loads my session

up in only a few seconds, yet my friends computer has a 1.8GhZ dual-core processor, yet it takes him at least one

minute to load his session. Strange... :/

That's actually really strange for me, since I only have a 2.66GhZ single-core processor, yet Windows 8 loads my session

up in only a few seconds, yet my friends computer has a 1.8GhZ dual-core processor, yet it takes him at least one

minute to load his session. Strange... :/

I don't doubt windows 8 is faster, but I do think that the prosessor has something to do with that, and with what you told me, I think I'm for sure on that.

I have a 3.40GHz (Forgot how many cores and stuff) processor. My laptop takes over a minute too... Though it did use to be decently fast so I think somethings wrong with my laptop.

Windows XP was reliable for the ages I used it, up to spring of last year when I replaced my old computer. It was a Compaq from 2004, and until I added modules for wifi, graphics, and more RAM and started to use it for internet and Minecraft, it was quite fast at loading. Windows 7 is a powerhouse, and once everything loads (ugh, Steam), it runs very nicely. While I could have put Windows 8 on my PC, I chose 7. BTW, anyone need a Windows XP Professional installation disk? I still have mine.

You know what's funny? Since 1998, Microsoft has gone through this strange back-and-forth process of making a shitty version of Windows that everyone hates but later they make it up with a better equivalent.

Hated 98 and it's clumsy IE4 integration and bugginess? Don't worry, we're coming out with a second edition next year that upgrades it to the more lightweight IE5. Yeah, it's still meh for web browsing, but it will take up less disk space and you won't be forced to use the web integration features by default. Also we're improving USB support.

Hated ME and was disappointed by its bugginess and lack of step up from 9x? No problem, we're coming out with XP which actually combines the Windows NT kernel and stability with the compatibility and user-friendliness of 9x.

Hated Vista? 7 is going to fix everything wrong while retaining the same UI.

And it looks like it's happening again with 8 and 10.