Wanna see the best keyboard evar?

Scourge

Wrong. This is the best keyboard ever:

aADbhZE.jpg

IBM Model M. You can't beat buckling spring keyswitches. It may be a relic from the early 1990s, but typing on one is an absolute godly experience.

While that purple one looks cool, it looks like it has flat keycaps. It could be the low resolution of the image, but if this is the case, it likely has rubber dome keyswitches which makes it no better than a $10 Wal-Mart keyboard. Or worse, if it has laptop-style scissor/dome switches. If you know the make/model, please say so I can check. If it's packing Cherry MX, Topre, or Alps switches I'll take that Wal-Mart comment back.

Though the worst typing experience on a recent physical keyboard goes to those stupid chiclet keyboards Apple has been using on Macs for the past few years. It's like typing in sand. Feels BAD, man.

• Like 6

Hashtag best keyboard all you gamerz check em

Screen%2BShot%2B2012-11-28%2Bat%2B1.24.0

• Like 2

EDIT: Found it. BlueFinger CM200. Can't find a website for it. No mention of keyswitches, but given the price it's rubber domes. http://www.amazon.com/BlueFinger®-Adjustable-Backlit-Keyboard-Pattern/dp/B00QBUPG4S

Looks like one of those Chinese no-name products. Scourge, you are now a keyboard science guinea pig. You are now obligated to report back how long this board lasts. For science. :-P

One of these days I'm going to pick-up a WASD v2 keyboard with Cherry MX Greens and custom Star Fox keycaps. Base color for the F-keys, home->pgdn, arrows, print screen->paus, and numberpad will be black. Letter keys will be white. Modifier keys on the left and right blue. Arwing colors FTW.

• Like 5

Well, I don't toss my keyboards around so, I don't see it breaking anytime soon

7R5uKdd.jpg]

Obviously, purple.

Trash.

LIEK ME SOUL.

I'm partial to mine. G710+

sQLfWaR.jpg

Apologies for potato quality and Hubble resolution. MX Browns with macro capability. 

(also please disregard cable leviathan behind pc kthx)

• Like 3

And here I have a standard wireless Logitec keyboard. Nothing fancy, but it sure gets the job done.

To be honest, Scourge, I saw that and immediately thought you threw it against the wall, took a pic, and uploaded it.

But it's pretty sweet cause purple. Purple is my favorite.

Keybard sax 0:09 - 0:59

That was the weirdest experience I ever witness someone preform by fingering. It's like watching American Psycho. American ADHD on a Keyboard. 

Gamers, come see this NOW!!!!

video_20game_20keyboard_203.jpeg?v=14024

And yes, there is a *ahem* Fox on the keyboard... ;)

It's a stock Apple chiclet keyboard with stickers on it.

The scissor/dome switches feel like typing in mush, and the stickers will fade or peel with use.

2/10 would not type.

EDIT: I just realized it's a TKL board, so for me that makes it 1/10 (TKL is a fad for some reason... You can have my number pad when you pry it from my cold dead fingers)

--

I will seriously order this keyboard when I have the money:

WASD v2 104-key, Cherry MX Green Switches (The closest you can get to buckling springs on a modern board)

Keycap colors:

9DCG4K0.png

Keycap Printing:

7n6fexv.png

That ugly greenish-gray color will be printed white. Keycap legends are all using fonts from Star Fox SNES and Star Fox 64. Flying Fox logos on the Windows keys and a SF1 logo on the spacebar.

I wish WASD made custom backlit boards, but they don't. Especially with those sexalicious Cherry MX RGB Greens.

The WASD v2 is available in TKL, if that floats your boat. TKL sinks mine, though.

• Like 4

I'm just sitting here using a cheapy Logitech rubber dome keyboard/mouse combo that I found for $15.  This thread is making me rethink that.

Once you go mechanical you will never want to use rubber domes again.

Seriously, when I get that keyboard I'm taking my Razer BlackWindow to work so I don't have to use a shitty Dell dome keyboard anymore.

My keyboard is missing the F3 key, the Escape key is chipped and not attached, there's food crumbs in between the keys, and it's dirty, dusty, and sticky.

What do the keyswitches look like? If they have a "+" sticking up, then they're Cherry MX compatible. If that's the case the world+dog makes custom cherry MX keycaps (though it is probably not worth replacing all the caps on a rubber dome board, as a full set will cost you a lot more than the keyboard did).

If they're the plain-old integrated mount rubber dome type, then you won't find many.

Integrated mount keycap: http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:Dell_integrated_mount_keycaps.jpg

Cherry switches: http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:Filco_otaku_blue.jpg

Cherry Keycap-Compatible Rubber Dome Board: http://s40.photobucket.com/user/Chevelle3233/media/101_2756.jpg.html

Eh, I just get a new keyboard when any of the letter keys stop working.

'>

BASK IN THE GLORY OF MY HOLY BOARD OF INTERACTION!

All keys are individualy back lit and have Cherry MX switches. 

The keyboard itself has two 32 bit processors and an onboard memory for configurations and macro keys.

This means you can take the keyboard anywhere and still be able to change your settings on the fly, given you have it hooked up to a PC of some sort.

In addition, the pointless caps lock key doesn't exist on this keyboard. MOAR MACROS.

:D

I saw something about Star Fox keycaps. Is there a place I can get those where I can those for Cherry MX?

If you're talking about the ones I posted earlier, those keycaps are my design. They have to be custom-printed. This particular vendor can't custom-print translucent keycaps, so they would render any backlit function rather useless.

And no, I am not giving you the original file. Especially not before I have the opportunity to order my custom board.