So There's Going To Be a Deus Ex: Human Revolution Sequel

Ori

The original Deus Ex is one of the most critically acclaimed shooter/RPG hybrids of all-time. In 2011, Eidos-Montreal resurrected the dormant franchise with Human Revolution, giving the series an updated look while remaining true to the player choice-driven gameplay. Eidos-Montreal knew its game wasn't perfect, and has worked to improve the series' combat systems and boss encounters for the latest entry in the series – Mankind Divided.

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

-GameInformer (Full article may contain spoilers)

I never asked for this, but damn sure I'll enjoy it.

Having played HR and this being one of the most immersive RPGs I've seen to date, and knowing how the original Deus Ex has become such a classic, Mankind Divided is something I'm highly anticipating.

On a personal note, I'm kinda hoping they take make the previous game's player choices have some gameplay impact on this one. For now, just speculation and discussion.

Not a lot info out about it right now, so no release date. Apparently there's no WiiU version announced at the time, but it's coming to the PC, PS4 and XBox One.

This topic naming convention is slowly filtering to other parts of the forum.  Huzzah.

I did purchase Human Revolution a few months back during a Steam Sale for about $3 if I remember correctly, and yet I never got the chance to play it.  Considering that it has received both your praise in addition to stellar reviews, and now has a sequel on the way, I might have to dive in.

c0d.gif

Deus Ex: HR was one of my favorite games ever. My hype is real.

• Like 1

This topic naming convention is slowly filtering to other parts of the forum.  Huzzah.

I did purchase Human Revolution a few months back during a Steam Sale for about $3 if I remember correctly, and yet I never got the chance to play it.  Considering that it has received both your praise in addition to stellar reviews, and now has a sequel on the way, I might have to dive in.

Yooooooouuuuuuu...

Play the game now. it much fun. It best game. Donate organs to Game. The hype is real. 

Edited by Dr. Orange
  • Like 2

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but Square Enix is sort of doing this odd "live game" thing on Twitch. But people are thinking that this is the hype for the sequel to Deus Ex. 

Don't know if it's true, but the way it's put together, it seems more like it might be. If you want the link I could post it up?

Holy fucking shit

I haven't been this hyped for a game in years

• Like 2

Yeah, so the people who guessed it was right!

Hopefully Eidos makes 100% of this game...We DON'T need any more of those outsourced bosses from Human Revolution again...

Holy fucking shit

I haven't been this hyped for a game in years

Yeah, so the people who guessed it was right!

Hopefully Eidos makes 100% of this game...We DON'T need any more of those outsourced bosses from Human Revolution again...

I can relate on that definitely. The boss battles felt like they'd be better fit in a Metal Gear Rising game than anything. That's technically not bad, but they didn't really fit into the rest of the game and pissed off some people.

Another thing I'd like is some way to non lethally beat the bosses like it was possible in The Missing Link, even if they were most irredeemably batshit insane. Exemption for the last one though, dead when stepped under that arc. .w.

Wait which bosses from HR were Outsourced? I want to guess the ending/final boss but like I honestly cannot think of any of the Aug'd. bosses feeling odd or out of place in any way.

Wait which bosses from HR were Outsourced? I want to guess the ending/final boss but like I honestly cannot think of any of the Aug'd. bosses feeling odd or out of place in any way.

They were. But yeah like I said, I just feel it'd fit just as well in a Nanomachines Son Rising boss battle than Deus Ex. Apparently due to tight production time they changed a bit of the ending as well as having cut Montreal and Singapore hub levels.

Still fuckin' great.

The Missing Link though nailed it IMO, the battle vs. Burke had both the stealth approach and non lethal takedown available.