La Catalina (Discussion)

Naza Sutera

Places! Places, everyone! Okay, we're on a tight schedule, so I need you to pay attention. I wanna do this in one run-through!

But anyway, first I wanna thank OneUnder for approving my rp--you are the absolute best!

So, La Catalina is supposed to be a casual rp like The Complex. No definitive plot, we just make it up as we go. Anyone can join at any time. The main difference from The Complex is that, rather than focusing on us interacting in a public space, the interactions are able to be taken to more private and intimate settings inside the characters' homes. Not to say that one can not be out in the open. I just thought something was missing with The Complex and wanted a different angle by which to view our characters.

In any case, let's use this thread to plan neighborhood barbecues, house parties, other mundane functions, as well as whatever excitement we can toss in the mix.

Now for a few rules (which I've pretty much copy-pasted from The Complex due to laziness and/or because they made sense)

1) We all know the rules, so let's play nice and abide by them.

2) For the most part, I am the GM, so what I say goes, sweeties.

3) Lets be moderate with our posts. We are all trying to RP together, so lets not leave each other behind.

4) I like elements of realism and drama in my rps, and I know the world isn't as perfect as everyone's manicured lawn makes it seem to be. To that extent, I will allow, some violence and a firearm on a rare occasion. But keep in mind, this is about private lives of people in an intimate and upscale setting; I don't want this to turn into the ghetto, I don't want it to turn into Desert Storm with fools ripping and running with KA-BAR knives and AK-47s all over the place. K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple and Sexy).

I'll be starting the actual RP soon In the meantime, discuss whatever.

But anyway, first I wanna thank OneUnder for approving my rp--you are the absolute best!

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE!

I have started/am starting a La Catalina Skype Chat. If you wanna join, search for me on skype via my email at ImTheCoffee1@yahoo.com and I'll add you.

Yezus Chrust I need an update you people are going at an accelerated speed of posting.

Okay okay... Basically where Arminius and I are at now is that our characters are on a lunch date and a couple of things are ensuing...

Aside from that, I'd like to apologize to you, Doc, and anyone else who expressed interest and had not joined yet. I was having a little too much fun and became inconsiderate. I'll chat it up with Arminius and see how we can make the RP more inclusive like I intended it to be.

Okay okay... Basically where Arminius and I are at now is that our characters are on a lunch date and a couple of things are ensuing...

Aside from that, I'd like to apologize to you, Doc, and anyone else who expressed interest and had not joined yet. I was having a little too much fun and became inconsiderate. I'll chat it up with Arminius and see how we can make the RP more inclusive like I intended it to be.

I would like to apologize, as well. I really got into this RP and barely took the other people into consideration.

Naza, I'll be home later today to talk. Perhaps then, we can talk about how we could incorporate everyone else.

Okay, so... If you keep up with the La Catalina chat on Skype, you probably already know the 411. To those who aren't in the Skype chat, I'm going to be starting the rp back up a little bit later this evening. This time, I will make sure to let everyone involved to make a post or two in order to really get into the groove. But, if nothing else, you can still join at any time. It supposed to be like The Complex. Casual, no definite plot/make it up as you go, and join any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the amount of RP's that I've played that, quite frankly, the creators/guides of have gone AWOL (See: Star_Dragon for
Predator and Prey), and couple that with my end-of-year exams coming frightengly close to the line, I may have to think about
joining this one. If I will do though, I'll let you guys know this coming Saturday.

Oh, by the way Naza, I don't have/use Skype, so you might have to fill me in on the essentials.

It's old news anyway. But, uh... Lets confer here about slipping you into the rp when you are ready. Just message me or respond here and we can figure out something.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok....

Is Clear coming in? Because it's always a good time to come in this RP.

Ok....

Is Clear coming in? Because it's always a good time to come in this RP.

​I might do once my end-of-year exams are properly out of the way. Plus, I'll need to see if I can keep up in more than one RP at
the same time as well.

• 2 weeks later...

So anyway, I've been going through some slight turmoil, and that's why La Catalina has been a little bit stagnant as of late. With that said, where its at is a little bit stale and it could stand to be refreshed, similar to the cycles that The Complex goes through. That could also give someone an easier in if they wanna join. I'll get to that as soon as I climb out of the hole I'm in.

I am going to give back control of Sven Schutz to his rightful creator, Kurt.

EDIT: Mind if I join in with my character Jolene?

Edited by Zaphyr Stone

• 1 year later...

Ok, I might as well throw my hat in here too.  At least, once this gets started again.  Bringing in all six members of Star Tiger at the time of this post.

And wow, look at the last time this topic was talked in.

I forgot to ask, about what time would it be right now in the RP?  Early morning still you'd say?  Like, 9 in the morning or so?