Naza Sutera

"I am at Cleon Medical Center," explained Bohdan. "I am in room..." Bohdan stepped out to see the number next to the doorway. However, numbers were one of the things he had, and still has, trouble memorizing in Cornerian. Ruthenian numbers and Cornerian numbers looked vastly different. To Bohdan, the sign's numbers were contorted and warped beyond recognition. It was as if someone took a straight line and bent it this way and that way. He squinted, trying his best to remember which was what. Unfortunately, he failed, and grumbled back inside. "Korben, what room is this?" he asked his injured friend.

"212," he said, staring at the television.

"Thank you," replied Bohdan. He then went back to Sven, who was still on the other end of the phone call. "I am in room 212."

"Oh," Sven replied surprised, "I'll be there in 5 minutes. Is everything ok?" He asked as he pulled back out into the street.

"Yes, yes, everything is fine," said Bohdan, who stepped outside to continue the call without disturbing everyone else in the room. "One of my friends, Korben, was involved in an accident." Bohdan leaned against the doorway, looking at Korben in his hospital bed. "He sustained some injuries, but he will live."

• 3 weeks later...

It had taken Sven a moment to get to the hospital, when he did he began to jog down the hallway. Seeing Bohadan outside of the room he waved as he approached him. "Hey!"

Edited by Kurt
I DONE DERPED!

"Ah Sven, hello," said Bohdan, putting away his phone. "My friend is in this room. He is fine. How are you?"

"Im fine" he said fishing the envelope out of his pocket "I went back to the base to get a few things. Here, I owe you some credits." holding out the bulging envelope.

Bohdan took Sven's envelope, as per his wishes. He opened it, glancing around and making sure no one saw the wad of money hidden within. Bohdan counted it swiftly as each note passed through his hands. 500 credits: rent for a week. He looked down on Sven, showing the small stack of money to him.

"Is this good?" he asked.

"Yea" Sven replied. "They pay ACI members pretty well, and I hadn't picked up a few of my pay checks so they had them on hold for me." Flashing the Paystub just to prove it.

"Ah, okay," said Bohdan, relieved. "I thought it was drug money or something," he said quietly, chuckling. "Thank you, friend." Bohdan patted Sven on the shoulder, like a proud father patting his achieving son.

"Anyway, would you like to see Korben? He is in here."

"Come in," gestured Bohdan, letting Sven go in first. Inside, Korben saw a familiar face step inside: Sven Schutz.

"Heads up, Sven," he said to everyone in the room. Elizabeth turned, and smiled as she saw Sven.

"Our favorite Advanced Combat Infantryman's come to visit you, Korby," said Elizabeth. "What's up Sven?" Sandor continued to cradle Salamon in his hands.

"Look Salamon," he said, "it's the military man." Salamon stirred in his arms, making indistinct baby noises.

As Sven walked in he was greeted by the group. "Hey guys," he said as he moved out of the doorway "heard you got a little dinged up Korben." he said as he waved at salamon. "You ok?"

"I'm good," answered Korben in his classic concise manner. When Sven waved at Salamon, who was gnawing at his fingers, Salamon stared at Sven in intrigue.

"So what happened to the other guy?" Sven asked as he leaned against the wall. "I saw the wreck on the way here. But I couldn't tell whose blood it was." Pausing as he glanced out the door "Man I cant stand Hospitals."

"We don't know," answered Elizabeth. "The dude's probably in this hospital, too, though. He'll be alright, I think." However, the group was far more worried about Korben, given the fragility of his body and his weakened immune system. An accident like that could kill Korben much more easily than the average person.

"Don't worry, Military Man," assured Sandor, "I hate hospitals too. All the needles... Ugh..." He put Salamon down on a chair and ruffled his arm feathers, as he was somewhat chilly. The thought of all of those needles sent a cold shiver down his spine, as well.

"Id like to get my hands on him, that's for sure." Sven said cracking his knuckles. "Swine like that make me sick. Any way," he continued "You guys want me to get anything when I head out? Some fruit or something?"

The group looked at each other, seemingly reading each other's minds. After shaking their heads, Bohdan became their voice. "No thank you, Sven, we are fine."

"All right." He began as he got off the wall and began to walk towards the door. "Give me a call if you change your minds or if you need anything. Just call me when all of you get out of here." Walking out the door he waved good bye.

"Good bye Sven," said Bohdan. Elizabeth and Sandor waved good bye as well, but Korben's arm was still hurting, so he did not wave.

"Oh, shit!" exclaimed Sandor. "Ah, never mind. I don't want ice cream after all." A few moments later, Sandor rushed towards the door. "Yes I do!" Suddenly, he stopped short of leaving. "No I don't." He walked back to Salamon, and lifted him up. "This is my ice cream." As Sandor stated that, Salamon grabbed Sandor's snout playfully, laughing in elation. "Ooh!"

Sven was halfway down the hall when he realized he couldn't get into Bohdans apartment without him. Going back to the room he stuck his head in. "Hey Bohdan," I need to get into your apartment to get my other bag. Can you give me the key by any chance?"

"Actually, I will just come with you," said Bohdan, a bit worried that Sven might lose his keys. "Good bye everyone," he said to the group.

"Later," said Korben.

"Bye, Theo," said Elizabeth. Sandor simply nodded. Bohdan left the room, and joined Sven in the hallway.

"Come, Sven, we shall go back to the condo."

"Thanks," Sven began as they walked out of the Hospital. "I still owe you." He said slipping on to his bike and sliding his helmet on.

Jolene watched Bohdan and Sven leave with a thoughtful smile. How horrible that it had to be his friend in that car wreck. She would make sure he was well taken care of during his stay.

"Well don't you look official?" a smooth feminine voice roused her from her thoughts.

Jolene's face lit up in delight when she turned and saw a familiar dark brindle german shepherd.

"Laika! Oh my god, girl!" she threw an excited hug on her friend, "I'm so happy you're here finally! Have you been to the apartment yet?"

"Not yet, still waiting for the movers to catch up, slowpokes. I came to see you and get my key! How are you?" Laika's eyes gave off a playful gleam in the presence of her childhood friend. 

Sandor squinted his eyes inquisitively at this new girl, Laika. He handed Salamon over to Korben as gently as possible. Korben grumbled as the weight of the young tykeriel pressed on his wounds. Salamon stirred, agitated, in Korben's arms. Sandor took out a small notebook and pencil, and jotted down Laika's name.

"Laika..." he said, scribbling down the name messily. Elizabeth opened the window.

"Hey Alex, what's that?" she asked.

"Oh, it's some notes," replied Sandor.

"Can I see?" inquired Elizabeth.

"Alright..." agreed Sandor reluctantly, slowly handing her the notebook. Suddenly, Elizabeth swiped the notebook from his hands and threw it out the window. Sandor, dismayed, dove out the window, intending to chase after the notebook.

"Holy crap!" exclaimed Elizabeth, not anticipating Sandor's leap of faith. A crash echoed from the outside, and Sandor cried out in pain. Elizabeth and Tony rushed to the window, and saw Sandor's body strewn along the medical center's front lawn. "Well, at least he's in front of a medical center..." commented Elizabeth darkly. "Come on Tony, let's go help him." Tony nodded, and the two rushed out of the room. "See you later, Korby!" yelled Elizabeth.

"Yup!" replied Korben, with Salamon moving about in his arms.

Bohdan hurried to his Aventador and turned on the car, where it roared to life. He sped off towards the condo, barely capping the speed limit. Within no time, Bohdan arrived to the condo, and patiently waited for Sven.

Edited by Arminius H O Fiddywinks

• 2 weeks later...

Sven took a moment to catch up to Bohdan in that monster car of his, he pulled up behind him and slid off his bike. "Well" taking off his helmet he continued "you lead the way big man."