Confirmed Character Thread

Drasiana

So here's a list of characters who have been confirmed so we don't get 20 thousand "BUT WHERE'S [X]???" threads.

Star Fox Team composition is Fox, Falco, Slippy, and Peppy.

Star Wolf Team composition is Wolf, Leon, Pigma and Andrew.

Krystal will NOT be appearing in Zero.

OTHER CONFIRMED CHARACTERS:

General Pepper
Andross
ROB
Direct-i
Katt
Grippy Toad
Bill
Caiman

Most bosses from SF64 re-appear but playing different enemy roles

*mentioned or inferred without on-screen appearance
**artwork used may be temporary assets and not necessarily indicative of the character's return

tumblr_nq1y0b7S6Y1un4909o4_100.png tumblr_nq1y0b7S6Y1un4909o7_100.pngtumblr_nq1y0b7S6Y1un4909o9_100.pngtumblr_nq1y0b7S6Y1un4909o3_100.png
tumblr_nq21bkUecT1un4909o1_100.png

tumblr_nq21bkUecT1un4909o3_75sq.png

tumblr_nq1y0b7S6Y1un4909o1_100.pngtumblr_nq1y0b7S6Y1un4909o5_r1_100.png

bF3uU7D.pngt9y3NZQ.pngGlnWgnP.pngO6ee2Tt.png

gpa8jqL.pngZ4zKhl7.png4s1sY72.png

nBjpEWl.pngi05o51U.png

• Like 3

• DZComposer pinned this topic

I think in the Nintendo treehouse playthrough they had Bill too it looks like in the Corneria scene either that or a Cornerian Dog soldier(which you already listed).

It's not Bill unless he got an ear-lift.

​Aye you're right I forgot about that my apologies. 

[to the tune of "Shots"] KATT KATT KATT KATT KATT KATT KATT KATT KATT KATT

she's pink

Edited by Drasiana
  • Like 2

Nintendo, I'm not saying that there's amiibo potential here, nor am I saying that I would spend far too much on them if they were ever to come to fruition. 

Also, Direct I is adorable, and the character designs in general look very well done. 

love the fact thats katts back and shes back to the pink color. not sure if this reboot means we'll see krystal at some point or not.

It is, it's her portrait from 643DS. I think she's probably gonna still be pink in the final version though.

His might be a placeholder too, looking at it now.

​I watched the Treehouse footage again and he has a lot more animation frames than he did before. It's basically a perfect remake of his portrait. 

Ah, well there ya go then. Can't imagine Caiman was in dire need of an artistic overhaul anyways...

Sector Y commander and MacBeth Engineer confirmed in a level shown today that was pretty much straight out of Star Fox 2. You fight through some Harlock Frigates and Dorisby Destroyers and end up going into the Batlteship from Star Fox 2.

Do you have footage of that anywhere? Can't seem to find it myself.

Thanks! Since these might just be temporary assets rather than an actual return of the characters themselves I'll star their names on the list.

This video is awesome, though. The atmosphere is like... perfect. Dead on. The ship pitching and moving as he's inside it is an awesome touch too.

Also, "You've been Slipped", and the Walker has an idle animation as if it were an animal

GOTY 2015

One small note, Leon should also be added to the list because a Wolfen with an L can be briefly seen in the scene with Wolf and Andrew. 

Neat, thanks! (I've missed both him and Andrew every time I've watched the footage whoops)

• 4 months later...

Given that Katt has been confirmed, I think chances are reasonably high that Bill will be there, too.

It would be neat to see some later-game characters appear. For example, General Scales could easily be turned into the head of Andross' Imperial Lizard Troops (which would make him an actual general). Though this would have to be done right. I'm not a fan of including characters just for the sake of including them.

Edited by DZComposer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2015, 7:57:23, DZComposer said:

Given that Katt has been confirmed, I think chances are reasonably high that Bill will be there, too.

It would be neat to see some later-game characters appear. For example, General Scales could easily be turned into the head of Andross' Imperial Lizard Troops (which would make him an actual general). Though this would have to be done right. I'm not a fan of including characters just for the sake of including them.

That ain't a bad idea. Since Nintendo probably owns everything from Dinosaur Planet but Sabre, why not put them to good use? maybe endear some to that old beaten horse?

And he makes sense, he's lizard like. He can easily be retconned into being a Lizard rather than a Dino. It would make a possible invasion of Sauria more integrated.... just make Tricky anthropomorphic and able to hold things..However do you think they'll use any non-64 characters? Hell I still want Miyu and Fay to finally make their debuts! 

• 3 weeks later...

Kyrstal has been confirmed as not appearing per Yusuke Hashimoto of Platinum.

EDIT: This tweet is old, though.