Is Star Fox your favorite game series?

ArwingFan

Is it your favorite game series?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. is it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know

If you're a part of these forums, chances are you're a Star Fox fan. But is it your favorite game series?

For me no.  Even though I love the SF playstyle, there's other series that I like more as a whole and have better good to bad ratios.

Used to. Now I honestly have more love for EarthBound and other similar series. Not that SFX is bad, but they should have done only 3 or 4 instead of making several and destroying the series, like Itoi said himself was the reason there will only be 3 MOTHERs. How the mighty have fallen.

I love this series as I do my own happiness.

When I first found the series I was instantly attached to the characters, story, and lore. As of today, I doubt anyone knows the series as I do, and I doubt anyone loves the series as I do. Topping it all off is the fact that it also has solid gameplay to boot. The worst thing about the series are those "sort of" fans who once played SF64 when they were younger, but now only know the series through memes and Smash Bros., and as such they have a nostalgic disdain for the GameCube games.

If I could one day work on a Star Fox game, I would be extremely happy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SF Alba said:

If I could one day work on a Star Fox game, I would be extremely happy.

You could start a fangame; but they're difficult to make and Nintendo can C&D it if they feel like it

You can also work on existing fangames such as Star Fox Event Horizon, but that is the only fangame I can think of that isn't dead.

There I've put in the first "YES" vote.  StarFox (SNES) was the best game I've ever played bar none.

The only other game I've put in more hours is Street Fighter Alpha 2.  But I've never considered it the best game, more like addicting...

10 minutes ago, ArwingFan said:

You could start a fangame; but they're difficult to make and Nintendo can C&D it if they feel like it

You can also work on existing fangames such as Star Fox Event Horizon, but that is the only fangame I can think of that isn't dead.

Nah, I mean a real Star Fox game. Either working for Nintendo or after having gotten the rights to the series(a herculean task, I know). Either way works for me. As long as I can meaningfully contribute to Star Fox canon, I'm pleased.

I spent hours trying to find a logical pattern in the way surnames are passed down in families, according to series lore. My answer would be a big, fat, yes.

(By the way, it appears to be that upon marriage, couples often don't change their names, and any children take their father's surname. This is true, almost without exception.)

• Like 1

Yes, why do you think I'm here

Aside from the whole community thing and that Dr.Orange guy

• Like 4

*looks at own username*

Yeah of course! Sure, I may sometimes come off as a bigger F-Zero fan (due to the fact that I love difficult games that can drive the average person to start throwing objects at the wall), but the F-Zero lore doesn't pull me in the way the SF lore does...even if it is admittedly a complete disaster.

Perhaps because the SF characters never came across as being completely bland. Sure, bad script writing can leave you scratching your head from time to time, but at least you could tell the characters are supposed to be portrayed as being vastly distinct from one another, even through cliches and stereotypes.

(looks slightly to the left) :mrgreen:

Also, check the About section on my profile for more details! :-P 

Not by a long shot.

StarFox kinda woke in me this thing to want to see an epic space journey featuring talking animal people but the canon/headcanon clash is always there. I can't say I hate the series though. The games are fun to play, no argument there. What really made SF stay away from the #1 title is that there's soooo many awesome things out there. I mean seriously. Is there even a point trying to compare SF to Metal Gear or Deus Ex?

StarFox plays its role as canonically, the lighthearted and fun, slightly goofy thing that you shouldn't put much thought into at least so far for me. Leave the epic sagas to headcanon and fanwork.

of the flying shooter games, yes. In general, no.

Negative.  Sly Cooper takes that title in my book.  Star Fox is somewhere behind Ratchet and Clank, Ace Attorney, Max Payne, and FNAF.

• Like 1

It's my favorite Nintendo series, but not my utter favorite game series. In the top 5 along with Duke Nukem, Rampage, Turok and Gex the Gecko.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, like some other people in this thread, it used to be my favorite for the Gamecube for a while.  Then, I grew out of that phase and started liking other games once I knew Star Fox was being overlooked by Nintendo for a while.

Mine are Motorstorm, Red Faction, Infamous, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Tekken, Lost Planet, Just Cause, Killzone, Metal Gear, Borderlands, Full Auto, Metroid, Viewtiful Joe, Flat Out, Burnout, and F-Zero