Fates or Awakening?

SF Redd

FE:Fates or FE:Awakening  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• Fates
    • Awakening

Later this year, I'm going to be spending many hours on a plane; as such, I'd like something to pass the time. As I've been interested by the Fire Emblem series recently, I decided that I'd get either Fire Emblem: Fates or Awakening, but I'm not sure which I would get. If I get Fates, I'd likely get the special edition, with both Birthright and Conquest, however I'd rather have one better game than two games that aren't as good. So in your opinion, which of the two would I be better getting.

I'd like to decide which sooner, rather than later, so I can budget accordingly.

This poll needs a both option. I've played a shitton of Awakening, and it's amazing. What I've seen of Fates lead me to believe it'd be just as good. So just go with whichever one you think would be more fun.

By the way, Birthright and Conquest have you playing on opposite sides, thus two different stories. That's double the Fire Emblemy goodness. More bang for your buck.

You should totally get both though.
Do it. Do it. Do it.

14 minutes ago, Flare said:

This poll needs a both option. I've played a shitton of Awakening, and it's amazing. What I've seen of Fates lead me to believe it'd be just as good. So just go with whichever one you think would be more fun.

By the way, Birthright and Conquest have you playing on opposite sides, thus two different stories. That's double the Fire Emblemy goodness. More bang for your buck.

You should totally get both though.
Do it. Do it. Do it.

I'd love to add a "both" option and get all the 3DS games, however that'd be too expensive for a college student such as myself. :(

play neither and ducktape a GameCube to your chest. 

• Like 1

Just like many other Fire emblem games, you won't be missing anyprogression story if you skip Awakening. However, you will definitely miss a really good game if you skip it.

Fates has 3 different story lines; Birthright (plays a lot like Awakening; you can grind your characters almost forever), Conquest (Plays a lot like classic FEs; you can't grind and powerlevel) and Revelations (mix of two).

If you are in a tight budget, I would recommend you to get Fates (Birthright)  and then buy Conquest and Revelations (19.99 each). Awakening is not fairly new so you should be able to pick that one discounted sooner than Fates.

• Like 1