SF0 idea/concept: Deep Space Kraken

Had this idea in mind,

Since in Star Fox Zero, Andross was messing around with teleportation/ inter-dimensional travel, Imagine if he somehow ended up awakening several monstrous beasts living in these other dimensions. Effectively space-faring versions of classic sea monsters from old folklore?

One Idea I thought up was for the existence of a so called "Deep Space Kraken" a large, many-armed monster capable of bridging itself between dimensions while attacking any unfortunate ships that get in it's way. 

It's method attack would be that the appendages it uses to attack the victim ship would be in Visible space, while the rest of the creature is in the other dimension. Depending on the size of the ships, sometimes these appendages can appear inside the ship as well outside causing total carnage to the interior of the ship while attempting to tear the ship apart from the outside. Half of the time the monster drags it's unfortunate victims into the depths of the pocket dimension.

In a way this would give the impression of a ship at sea being attacked by a leviathan from below. Something like this:

KrakenConcept.jpg

This "Space Kraken" and monsters similar to it would appear following Zero's incarnation of the lylat wars menacing commercial, passenger and military vessels throughout lylat. It would be fun if there was a little subplot in a future game that had to do with star fox being tasked in disposing such beasts while focusing on the main objectives or Star fox running into these creatures and having to fight them.

Partially inspired by the Kraken from Marine folklore and the "Kraken" glitches of Kerbal Space Program.

Moved to Star Fox Fanfiction

I figured this thread would fit better here.  If you'd like to dedicate this as your personal headcanon thread, you may!

See also: Kid Icarus: Uprising, the space pirate level.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, That Ain't Falco said:

See also: Kid Icarus: Uprising, the space pirate level.

eh, I'm basing this more on the Kraken form Potc, but with more semblance to the "Deep space kraken" physics bugs from "Kerbal space program" if you played it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd definitely would love to see a cybernetic kraken, genetically augmented to be bigger than the legend too. First would be a surface level, but things get hairy when it latches onto the Great Fox.

Peppy: Shoot the tentacles, Fox! (lol, tentacles)

On 7/12/2016 at 0:37 PM, Snes1993 said:

I'd definitely would love to see a cybernetic kraken, genetically augmented to be bigger than the legend too. First would be a surface level, but things get hairy when it latches onto the Great Fox.

Peppy: Shoot the tentacles, Fox! (lol, tentacles)

as well as threatening to drag the great fox into the pocket dimension. 

I would also incorporate this with the idea of cerinia being the lylat equivalent to the lost continent of Atlantis