Foreign Interest Discussion Thread

Shmibli7

Direct all comments and concerns about the workings of the rp here.

Question: 

How controlled will all mission oriented activity be?

32 minutes ago, Snes1993 said:

Question: 

How controlled will all mission oriented activity be?

The characters will be given orders after their breifing and will be expected to follow them. This being said, how yhe chatacters go about fufilling their directives is completely up to their respective rpr's.

17 minutes ago, Shmibli7 said:

The characters will be given orders after their breifing and will be expected to follow them. This being said, how yhe chatacters go about fufilling their directives is completely up to their respective rpr's.

What about side quests and random situations to break any monotony?

1 minute ago, Snes1993 said:

What about side quests and random situations to break any monotony?

There'll definately be some. However, I don't want to give that info out now and spoil the roleplay.

10 minutes ago, Shmibli7 said:

There'll definately be some. However, I don't want to give that info out now and spoil the roleplay.

Yea :) OK, another question on missions. Undoubtedly, OCs will have their own weapons. Will there be weapon specialization for specific mission?

8 hours ago, Snes1993 said:

Yea :) OK, another question on missions. Undoubtedly, OCs will have their own weapons. Will there be weapon specialization for specific mission?

Probably not, unless the characters themselves have the resources at their disposal to do so.

7 hours ago, Kurt said:

We on the ship already?

Yup yup.

Ok, so what else needs to be done before we get started?

1 hour ago, Snes1993 said:

Ok, so what else needs to be done before we get started?

Well, besides the obligatory "follow the rules of the rp board" speech, not really much, just feel free to jump in.

7 minutes ago, Shmibli7 said:

Well, besides the obligatory "follow the rules of the rp board" speech, not really much, just feel free to jump in.

Kinda need a setup, I mean we all do. Do we just show up or what?

2 hours ago, Snes1993 said:

Kinda need a setup, I mean we all do. Do we just show up or what?

Sorry if I was vague, but I told both you and Kurt that we're all on the drop ship and that Alexi's conversation initiated the introductions.

Does the ship have a G-Diffuser in place?  If it does, it could stay in the air, even with a broken wing like the Arwings can.  The pilots would have a tough time flying it, but they could.  Otherwise, we going down now?  Or do we have a shot at retaliating?

26 minutes ago, Tiger Carson said:

Does the ship have a G-Diffuser in place?  If it does, it could stay in the air, even with a broken wing like the Arwings can.  The pilots would have a tough time flying it, but they could.  Otherwise, we going down now?  Or do we have a shot at retaliating?

The dropship does not have a G-Diffuser. Also, given its main purpose is transport, it is not armed. However, once we hit the ground, we'll have to make some sort of stand.

I just saw this, but yeah, good thing Star Tiger have some experience with being shot down as each one has been shot down at various points, and against their rivals, Star Wyvern, they were all shot down in their first encounter.  Still, it's going to be messy for sure.  I wonder how General Pepper will react to having a Landmaster roll up to the rendezvous point?..  Assuming that teleportation systems as seen in SFAs are a thing in this rp, and if they can even call down one of the tanks safely.

25 minutes ago, Tiger Carson said:

I just saw this, but yeah, good thing Star Tiger have some experience with being shot down as each one has been shot down at various points, and against their rivals, Star Wyvern, they were all shot down in their first encounter.  Still, it's going to be messy for sure.  I wonder how General Pepper will react to having a Landmaster roll up to the rendezvous point?..  Assuming that teleportation systems as seen in SFAs are a thing in this rp, and if they can even call down one of the tanks safely.

Teleportation is fair game, but I want our first encounter with hostile forces to be somewhat bare-bones. Perhaps the Landmaster could come in towards the end of the Battle to even the odds?

Ok, we can say that there's some difficulty in getting it through.  Like say, maybe a device or several that is interfering with teleporters?  That could help keep the Landmaster out until later.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Carson said:

Ok, we can say that there's some difficulty in getting it through.  Like say, maybe a device or several that is interfering with teleporters?  That could help keep the Landmaster out until later.

Sure. Sort of like the radar jammer from (funnily enough,) the Corneria mission on Assault.