Amiibo Save Data Deletion

Tiger Carson

Question

I would like to know if there's a way to safely delete save data on an Amiibo.  You see, I ran into a game crashing bug with Shovel Knight's Custom Knight on the Nintendo 3DS.  Specifically, the digital download version of the game.  I had the Ghost Buddy Effect active each time I ran into this bug, but was unaware that if you have the Ghost Buddy active along with any costume active other than the default one, it'll cause the game to crash as soon as it tries to load a costume and ghost buddy configured custom knight.  I made the mistake of saving it before I finished a level, so now when I attempt to load custom knight, the game crashes due to the skin and effects being active together in a way the 3DS Digital Download version of the game doesn't seem to like...  I don't know what would happen on a WiiU or Switch as I don't yet have those consoles, so I can't reconfigure the costume that way.  My only option is to either buy one of those consoles with a copy of Shovel Knight on them, or buy a new Shovel Knight Amiibo to continue experimenting with Custom Knight.  Or, delete the save data on it.  But as stated, I don't know how to do that.

Soooooo, does anyone know how to delete save data on an Amiibo?

Errr, never mind, I figured it out on Nintendo's website.  But, this could be helpful for those who wish to know in the future.

Here are the steps as stated by Nintendo for deleting game data for an Amiibo on the 3DS.  Copy and pasted from the article for convenience.

What to Do:

1. From the HOME Menu, open HOME Menu Settings by clicking the icon of the home wrench at the top left of the screen.
  2. Scroll down and select "amiibo Settings."
  3. Select "Delete amiibo Game Data."
  4. Place the amiibo on the bottom screen of the New Nintendo 3DS XL, making sure to keep the figure steady.
    • If the amiibo is not kept steady, or you remove and replace the amiibo, you may get an error message stating that device being used is not an amiibo. If this message is received, tap "OK" and try again.
  5. Remove the amiibo once it has been read.
  6. Review the data to be deleted and select "Delete."
  7. Place the amiibo back on the lower screen.
  8. You will receive a message when the game data has been deleted.

Already answered by myself.  Staff, please lock topic.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question