The series should have built on Star Fox 2.

Giladen

The difference here is Sonic doesnt represent a dead genre with no way of saving it

What the fuck are you talking about? You do realize that platformers in general aside from Mario & Ratchet and Clank have been struggling within the past 10-15 years right? It's only been until the indie scene that 2D platformers started having a resurge in the market. Please do your research before you spew bullshit like this. Rail shooters have been a dying genre because no one has done anything to revitalize them, not because the genre itself "doesn't hold up to modern times". This is an incredibly weak argument considering that platformers and several other genres have been in the same shoes for years now.

• Like 2

Dont see how dead genre is a buzzword when the evidence speaks for itself, but that's probably just me if I see no one making these at all. I do give you some credit for the wild guess of where I came from, but do note the last I knew they dont care too much on the arcade shooting aspect due to the reality that it doesnt work anymore as they've admitted. It's mostly debates on how it should be now and as far as I know a lot of it is in favor of Assaults means, sometimes just sperging quotes. The last portion is dare I say like when people thought Skyward Sword was great, only for a few years to pass with the same people admitting that it wasnt that great with some even going far to saying it was the worst in the entire series. It isnt the best example I got but you should hopefully get what I mean.

What the fuck are you talking about? You do realize that platformers in general aside from Mario & Ratchet and Clank have been struggling within the past 10-15 years right? It's only been until the indie scene that 2D platformers started having a resurge in the market. Please do your research before you spew bullshit like this. Rail shooters have been a dying genre because no one has done anything to revitalize them, not because the genre itself "doesn't hold up to modern times". This is an incredibly weak argument considering that platformers and several other genres have been in the same shoes for years now.

Not like there's anything you could to do revitalize it, last time we had a comeback for this it got Sin and Punishment killed.

1 minute ago, Commander D said:

Dont see how dead genre is a buzzword when the evidence speaks for itself, but that's probably just me if I see no one making these at all.

I am asking you to DEFINE it. Put a MEANING to the word, otherwise it IS a buzzword. Who's standards are you using? Nintendo's? The indie scene? Major AAA developers/publishers? Microsoft's? Sony's? Because it is known fact that Nintendo doesn't CARE what is or isn't "marketable", and indie devs make whatever the hell they want. Steam has plenty of arcade shooters made by indies, and OOOH WHAT DO YOU KNOW Nintendo released a trailer today for an indie shooter that they're publishing directly, so it may well end up with a hard copy release! Shooter's aren't dead in everyone's eyes.

5 minutes ago, Commander D said:

I do give you some credit for the wild guess of where I came from

it wasn't a wild guess you have a youtube channel and a tumblr blog full of 4chin memes and speaking habits. Just throwing that out there.

5 minutes ago, Commander D said:

but do note the last I knew they dont care too much on the arcade shooting aspect due to the reality that it doesnt work anymore as they've admitted.

Doesn't work how? You aren't making a POINT. You're just saying "this doesn't work" and leaving it at that. Also I personally take the angry, self loathing autistic screeching of anonymous /v/irgins and their opinions with enough grains of salt to fucking kill me with dehydration. Shitposting and jokes are inseparable there and no one ever makes actual points nor can they be quantified on account of 4chan's anonymity system. 

Glad I've never once touched that place before... I think.

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate and say what kinds of shooters are we referring to? There is NO denying that shooters in general are thriving. Hell, even 2d sidescrolling shmups still seem alive and kicking, but 3D Rail shooters, on the other hand, there are very few titles, let alone franchises that focus on this, with Star Fox pretty much at the forefront of it. In fact, I'd argue it was the first to seriously popularize it, and why nobody seemed to want to take advantage of that popularity is beyond me, personally.

A naive simpleton like me can dream up AMAZING sequences of intense action and suspence from the f*cking shower! It is UNTAPPED AF.

The big indie 3D shooter atm is Sky Rogue on Steam. But people love 3D arcade shooters when done well: look at how massively popular the Star Wars Rogue Squadron games were. No they aren't on rails, but Star Fox stopped being an exclusively on rails ordeal after the first game. Not to say 3D rail shooters can't be done well, but Star Fox shouldn't put itself in such a small box.

I'll give you credit for knowing who I am Monroe, unlike some people who ran away in cowardice. Dont mean anyone here.

Needless to say I can be quite opinionated. Did you enjoy what i've done?

1400057720896.gif.48502d55cb240067b22713e2837fad9d.gif

yes I deserve mucho credito for google searching

also I mean I've seen your arguements on youtube before. I think I've even butt heads with you directly before. Can't recall.

but yes you are opinionated its only a shame you do nothing to back those opinions up amirite

anyway what's there to enjoy you make arguments without points are you bamboozling me or something

are you trololololing me

• Like 1