Favorite Star Fox 64 Mission?

GammaRay256

What is your favorite level from Star Fox 64?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite level from Star Fox 64?

• Corneria
    • Meteo (Asteroid Field)
    • Sector Y
    • Fortuna (Fichina)
    • Katina
    • Aquas
    • Sector X
    • Solar
    • Zoness
    • Titania
    • Macbeth
    • Sector Z
    • Bolse
    • Area 6
    • Venom I
    • Venom II
    • Warp I (Meteo)
    • Warp II (Sector X)

Something that has always ticked me off is that Katina is ALWAYS misspelled by people. Its K A T I N A. Not Katarina. Not Kitana. KATINA!!!

actually, it's called katarina in the japanese version. the english version mistranslated it as katina.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GammaRay256

• X-Gamer

• Badleech

• Star Fox Runner

Heh, me too!

Yeah, also, nice avi! brings me back...

Something that has always ticked me off is that Katina is ALWAYS misspelled by people. Its K A T I N A. Not Katarina. Not Kitana. KATINA!!!

Ugh, dude, please calm down, its a mishap that I did by mistake. I had to rush my time. I mean, keep cool man, keep cool.  :cool:

600 points???

Yeah, why not?^^  I know, it sounds very high, but there are even more than 700 hits possible.

just look at this...

I see.

Don't some of the NTSC versions have the 511 limit too?

I always thought it was NTSC "Player's Choice" cartridges that had the limit while the few non-"Player's Choice" cartridges did not have it.

I'm pretty sure I have an NTSC cartridge, (aren't all US copies NTSC?), and it still has the limit.

Yeah, all US copies are NTSC.

And only the version with the rumble pack included does not have the limit. All the other version have it.

As for the japanese version, it never has the limit. (they are NTSC, too)

Yeah, all US copies are NTSC.

And only the version with the rumble pack included does not have the limit. All the other version have it.

As for the japanese version, it never has the limit. (they are NTSC, too)

Ah, that makes sense now, I remember hearing about the rumble pack versions.

Anyways, I should probably get back on topic...

• 2 weeks later...

I forget what the level was called, but I loved the massive dogfight involving you and Bill shooting (generators?) under a big mothership, Independence Day style.

• 2 months later...

I'd have to say Venom II because it's simply the showdown between Starfox and StarWolf. StarWolf is upgraded. That's what was more surprising (They know how to do loops and *gasps* BARREL ROLLS!!!)

I'd have to say Venom II because it's simply the showdown between Starfox and StarWolf. StarWolf is upgraded. That's what was more surprising (They know how to do loops and *gasps* BARREL ROLLS!!!)

Yes, they're even better at barrel rolls than Peppy (if that's even possible!)

I'd have to say that the Venom II Star Wolf battle is one of the hardest parts of the game.  Usually, I either beat it really fast, or it takes a long time.  It's also very difficult with a single laser, especially in expert mode :)

But, after the fight with Star Wolf, you're left with Andross, and he's not difficult at all.

The hardest boss in my opinion is on Sector Y, the robot guys are sooooo hard to hit sometimes!

My favorite was Katina. Swarming with targets, and I just LOVED to blast anything that moved. Actually quite fun.

...And I'd have to agree that Katina was very Independence Day-styled. Katina was always the easiest (and Highest Scored) level for me. Since I have very fast fingers (meaning, I can hit buttons at an insane rate), I always had a very HIGH score.

Guest ReEfiniZ

Solar, It may be a pain in the @ss when you first start it but I actualy think its a cool mission.

lets see, doing loops when the lava surface goes higher makes me go...WEEEEEE!

I had to go with Solar as well, the level itself was fun, having to stay as high up as possible where all the obstacles are being sent your way, or burn to a crisp, and the boss was very fun to fight and very awesome looking.

Area 6. Never gets any easier no matter how many times I play the game, and that's the charm. Every time I play it I find one more kill, a different path through the same crazy maze of fire, another enemy I missed on the previous playthrough. Plus it's the only place where I will willingly pop Nova Bombs like candy, outside of Zoness.

...blasted space mines...

• 1 month later...

Area 6 for sure. Especially considering that's my video up there  :lol:

There is a ton of action in both Area 6 and Zoness, which make them both my top levels :)

Area 6 for sure. Especially considering that's my video up there  :lol:

This one?

That's pretty good :D

I do like Area 6 and Venom I because of the massive amounts of enemies.

I know I mentioned Katina is my favorite, but if you had asked me when I was young (back when the game was popular) I probably would have said Area 6 was my favorite. 

I only recently identified Katina as my favorite because of the fact that it's all-range-mode and it tests charged shot skills. 

If I was going to 'show off' my Star Fox 64 skills to someone who hasn't played the game much, I would most likely show them Area 6, because I can get it up to 511 and tell people "this version of the game can't handle any more than that".

Hey, I've got another question, to everyone.  If you were pretty young (like, less than 10 years old) when the game came out and everyone was playing it, what part of the game stands out the most from playing it at that age?

For me, I think it was the part with James McCloud - that blank white screen that appears for a few seconds after you destroy Andross' brain - I can almost remember the first time my dad and I reached that part of the game, it was so cool: "Don't ever give up my son!".  (if I remember right, I couldn't make it that far most of the time - I would usually go the Venom I route, which I also remember quite well [especially the ancient temple]).

This one?

That's pretty good :D

I do like Area 6 and Venom I because of the massive amounts of enemies.

I know I mentioned Katina is my favorite, but if you had asked me when I was young (back when the game was popular) I probably would have said Area 6 was my favorite. 

I only recently identified Katina as my favorite because of the fact that it's all-range-mode and it tests charged shot skills. 

If I was going to 'show off' my Star Fox 64 skills to someone who hasn't played the game much, I would most likely show them Area 6, because I can get it up to 511 and tell people "this version of the game can't handle any more than that".

Hey, I've got another question, to everyone.  If you were pretty young (like, less than 10 years old) when the game came out and everyone was playing it, what part of the game stands out the most from playing it at that age?

For me, I think it was the part with James McCloud - that blank white screen that appears for a few seconds after you destroy Andross' brain - I can almost remember the first time my dad and I reached that part of the game, it was so cool: "Don't ever give up my son!".  (if I remember right, I couldn't make it that far most of the time - I would usually go the Venom I route, which I also remember quite well [especially the ancient temple]).

zallard, damn you're good :)

Lol, notice no one voted for Aquas? Hated that level :|

Yeah, I hate Aquas too... it seems so difficult to actually hit anything.