SF Command Haters...

rainfyre66

The only thing I really hate about Command is its lack of button-based playing option. I mean, they should have made a secondary option to use the DS buttons to play the game. This would have benefits:

1: Reduced risks of having scratches on the touch screen

2: See the radar map clearly (because your hand and stylus no longer covers a part of it.)

I do not really think that I "hate" Command... But I think that I "dislike almost everything it has to offer", exept for a few things like the new ships, I did not find anything else impressive nor interesting.

However, I "DO" hate 2 things:

1)The "running-out-of-fuel-thing". < Come on, can not they use an "alternate energy source?"... Bah...

2] What annoyed me the most... The stylus. I REALLY HATED those stylus controls. They sucked so hard that often it ended up in an skirmish between me and the stylus (Most of time of I won, of course, the stylus winning only once when it accidentaly hit my left eye).

No, REALLY, the controls sucked. I know that Nintendo wants the players to use the "new features", but come on, I prefer button-tapping to screen-touching.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kursed

• Sol-Ratcht Saporro

• Star Fox Runner

• The Shaper

Guest FoXXX

I do not really think that I "hate" Command... But I think that I "dislike almost everything it has to offer", exept for a few things like the new ships, I did not find anything else impressive nor interesting.

However, I "DO" hate 2 things:

1)The "running-out-of-fuel-thing". < Come on, can not they use an "alternate energy source?"... Bah...

2] What annoyed me the most... The stylus. I REALLY HATED those stylus controls. They sucked so hard that often it ended up in an skirmish between me and the stylus (Most of time of I won, of course, the stylus winning only once when it accidentaly hit my left eye).

No, REALLY, the controls sucked. I know that Nintendo wants the players to use the "new features", but come on, I prefer button-tapping to screen-touching.

Lol, the whole fuel thing is stupid, but what about those fuel cells in Adventures? :S

Stylus is a joke...

Lol, the whole fuel thing is stupid, but what about those fuel cells in Adventures? :S

Stylus is a joke...

Well at least in Adventures it was not of great importance. I mean one cell could last infinitely on a whole flight. There was no gauge crap and you could always find the cells in the excursions or in the store. So it was no big deal at all in SF:AD.

Command went hog wild with it by using the whole time limit gauge. :facepalm:

Yeah, I hated the time limit, you could only kill what you needed to, and not really worry about the rest. What if i wanted to clear out the area? You can't do it, because you may die later in the game due to that time restriction.

Guest FoXXX

Well at least in Adventures it was not of great importance. I mean one cell could last infinitely on a whole flight. There was no gauge crap and you could always find the cells in the excursions or in the store. So it was no big deal at all in SF:AD.

Command went hog wild with it by using the whole time limit gauge. :facepalm:

I always ran out on the SW battle O_o

• 1 month later...

I hated the limited time and turns. I also didn't like the missle segments because I sucked at it.  :x

yes I would be very disspointed if Marcus replaces fox even if Krystal is still in the game.

I think to me that, Marcus doesn't replace Fox, but rather work along with him, Like James did, when Fox was escaping Andross's Lair after he defeated Andross in SF64.  And Marcus's grandfather could "talk" to him too.

My Idea.

Also, nintendo ran out of SF names. Instead of weird names, (sparing Bill) almost all the names are those of regulars.

Lucy

Amanda

Andrew

ECT.

Don't hate it..yet I don't care for it either.

The game simply just had no appeal to me; that's pretty much it.

Characters out me character.

Majority of the endings.

Seemed like a crappy fan-fic to me.

To sum it all up... depressing:

SFC-End9-1.png

That's one of the reasons I didn't like it so much.

When I get adventures of Assault, I'm taking Command back to gamestop.

Yeah, I hated the time limit, you could only kill what you needed to, and not really worry about the rest. What if i wanted to clear out the area? You can't do it, because you may die later in the game due to that time restriction.

The time limit never affected me. The enemies always dropped fuel cells, and when you deflect shots with barrel rolls, you get one second for every shot deflected. Just fly directly into a gun turret's fire and barrel roll while taking it out will give you all kinds of time increase.

Thanks to this technique, I was able to clear out the entire field, get more Great Fox missles, and complete the map faster.

The time limit never affected me. The enemies always dropped fuel cells, and when you deflect shots with barrel rolls, you get one second for every shot deflected. Just fly directly into a gun turret's fire and barrel roll while taking it out will give you all kinds of time increase.

Thanks to this technique, I was able to clear out the entire field, get more Great Fox missles, and complete the map faster.

That is actually true.

I did the same thing!

(No, I do mean it).

That is actually true.

I did the same thing!

(No, I do mean it).

Just one of many tactics that works perfectly then!

Just one of many tactics that works perfectly then!

never worked well enough for me I had 10 seconds to kill the boss on venom.

Not sure if this advice would work for some considering the struggle some of you had with the time limit, but it helps to destroy all enemies each round (if you have enough time, of course). Not only are you given extra missiles, but for every kill you made, seconds are added to the clock. It also really boosts your score at the end of each mission.

At least, that happens from what I remember. It's been a while since I played Command. I think I'll start it again soon.

At least, that happens from what I remember. It's been a while since I played Command. I think I'll start it again soon.

Not a bad idea, after I finish Advance Wars Days of Ruin, I think I'll tackle Command again as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Overall to me, the storyline is just plain depressing.  :(

Overall to me, the storyline is just plain depressing.  :(

Agreed, all over. It was like an emo goth soap opera in space. Just pathetic, compared with the 3 previous entries. :(

• 2 weeks later...

First time I saw it I thought "Yay! Another Star Fox game!" But when I got it, this is what I did 2 hours later....

head_stuck_in_toilet-124881.jpg

Requesting a lock on this topic and the epic fail one. This is the same thread we've seen multiple times and it's the same responses every time.

Requesting a lock on this topic and the epic fail one. This is the same thread we've seen multiple times and it's the same responses every time.

Dude, so what?  I'm sure this thread is older than a whole lot of 'em.  If anything the others should be locked, but I'd still be rather discontent...Maybe I'm just picky.  But if they're so similar why not ask to merge them or something instead?

Dude, so what?  I'm sure this thread is older than a whole lot of 'em.  If anything the others should be locked, but I'd still be rather discontent...Maybe I'm just picky.  But if they're so similar why not ask to merge them or something instead?

I'm going to have to agree with this logic.  It's not uncommon for the same topics to be brought up more than once over a period of time.  Locking all those topics wouldn't be the best course of action.

Guest Julius Quasar

First time I saw it I thought "Yay! Another Star Fox game!" But when I got it, this is what I did 2 hours later....

head_stuck_in_toilet-124881.jpg

:lolhyst:

Same here!

Bleh. I'm outnumbered on that so have your fun. I'd just rather see a discussion on it than random bashing which is what these threads seem to turn to.