Sabre

How will you say it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How will you say it?

• Twenty ten
    • Two thousand and ten
    • other

Two thousand and ten. Because I'm a nitpick when it comes to stuff like that. Heck, I even answers in digital format when someone asks me what time it is.

Two thousand and ten. Because I'm a nitpick when it comes to stuff like that. Heck, I even answers in digital format when someone asks me what time it is.

If you say "two thousand and ten", the literal numeric form of that would be 2000.10. When you say a number and another number rather than slurring it together, it infers a decimal point (i.e. 101 Dalamations should be pronounced "One hundred one Dalmations", to say one hundred and one would be taken as 100.1 Dalmations). So ergo, the correct nitpickers' pronunciation would be "Two thousand ten".

Hee hee, I'm just being a bit of an ass, Asper. It doesn't matter to me how you want to say it, two thousand and ten is fine  :) That's just something my fourth grade teacher drilled into our heads and I've remembered it ever since.

I myself have not thought about it and will probably just go with whatever happens to come out of my mouth. Probably two thousand ten? We'll see. I might get lazy.

If you say "two thousand and ten", the literal numeric form of that would be 2000.10. When you say a number and another number rather than slurring it together, it infers a decimal point (i.e. 101 Dalamations should be pronounced "One hundred one Dalmations", to say one hundred and one would be taken as 100.1 Dalmations). So ergo, the correct nitpickers' pronunciation would be "Two thousand ten".

Hee hee, I'm just being a bit of an ass, Asper. It doesn't matter to me how you want to say it, two thousand and ten is fine  :) That's just something my fourth grade teacher drilled into our heads and I've remembered it ever since.

It's okay being an ass. :lol:

I translated it litteraly, because in Norway, that is the "correct" way to say it.