Emos

Sabre

Are they-  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are they-

• Suicidal Attention Seekers
    • or not

Simple this one. Inspired by another thread.

Personally, I havn't met that many emos in RL (mostly an american thing), but those I have clain they are going to kill themselves every 2 minutes, which is usually the time it takes for people to stop paying attention to them.

I'm a working class guy who had his dreams crushed, has never had a girlfriend and is the target of discrimination. A bit dramatic, but that's the normal. I've dealt with everything from death to bullying, but I deal with it.

Emos believe there problems trump yours. Got a terminal illness? They have 2. Dog died? There's was tortued to death in front of their eyes. Not that it needs to be a major downer to set them off. People who simple can't get some not-very-important material possation they want or have a minor tiff with there partner and out comes the violin. For this reason I often joke about how they are going to hang themselves because they didn't have any crunchie bars at the shop.

Personally, I have no sympathy for these guys. I also find it strange that they resist, cower and run away when you start hitting them with stuff, which is odd for someone who wants to die I think.

Whoops. This got a bit ranty. Anyway, what's your thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ThePointingMan

• Sabre

• Vy'drach

• Vindr

Guest Julius Quasar

Sabre, go to hell!

*EDIT* Just because you've met a few Emos, doesn't mean you know them.  Meeting someone and knowing someone has a fine line of difference.

I have a few emo friends, and they are NOT like that.  #@%& off you English Quimby!

And you know, sometimes people just have a bad day...they say something out of anger or frustration.  you're too stupid to ever consider that.  it's not always about you, nor does the world revolve around you, nor does it revolve around me, or any one person. 

You need to learn to see things from the point of view of others, and shove your judgmental attitude.

vh6lpv.jpg

Hehehe

Sabre, go to hell!

You admit you never met emos before, so you don't know what they're really like.

MANY emos IRL

I even run an autistic steam group that has an irritating self harmer in it. She's bloody annoiying.

Also I've never been called an English Quimby before. Makes me sound like I need a blue suit, stach and a cup of tea.

Hehehe

MANY emos IRL

I even run an autistic steam group that has an irritating self harmer in it. She's bloody annoiying.

Also I've never been called an English Quimby before. Makes me sound like I need a blue suit, stach and a cup of tea.

you're a brit? o lawl

Guest Julius Quasar

MANY emos IRL

okay, fine *edits last post*

but you still don't know them, just 'cause you met some of them, doesn't mean you KNOW them.  the fact you want to call them all suicidal attention seekers shows how ignorant you really are.  that's like saying all metal music fans are devil worshipers or all hippies do drugs.  I have friends from those subcultures, who are not like that at all.

I actually can't say I've ever meet someone who I can call emo. Both in real life and on the web.

Some times, people have a crappy day and deserve a little sympathy, if they want it of course. Some people have many crappy days, but I still wouldn't consider them emo by those definitions you list.

I sort of consider myself an anti-emo. Not because I dislike them, that would be silly without any actual experience of what they're like.

But I downgrade the few problems I have, keeps them to myself, grabs them by the troat and  get rid of them.

Sort of like:

Friend: "Oh no Asper! I heard you got kicked out of school because you beat up the principal. Poor you!"

Me: "Nah, it ain't that big of a deal. I'll cope with it, don't you worry. But how about you? I heard your dog died of cancer last week, that's terrible."

Guest ReEfiniZ

In reality, I dont care what a person are, but who they are. But these "emos" or scenes trends at school are really doing it for just the image, IMO.

I have a best friend who has the personality of an "emo" you say, but doesnt wear the style of one (what considers to be "emo" style). I understand what he is going through. He has lots of hardships through family and school, but at same time, dark colors arent really shown from him.So many people dont seem to be depressed as if they are really depressed. More of hey-look-at-me kind of people. But this is my view from my perspectives.

But emo isnt a negative thing, its just sometimes irritating when they look at it the wrong way.

okay, fine *edits last post*

but you still don't know them, just 'cause you met some of them, doesn't mean you KNOW them.  the fact you want to call them all suicidal attention seekers shows how ignorant you really are.  that's like saying all metal music fans are devil worshipers or all hippies do drugs.  I have friends from those subcultures, who are not like that at all.

I understand you Julius  :)

Im in love with metal, at same time I dont do none of those satanic things. (Well not drugs anymore  :lol:)

it's not always about you, nor does the world revolve around you, nor does it revolve around me, or any one person. 

You need to learn to see things from the point of view of others, and shove your judgmental attitude.

Dare i say this O_o...

Just, well, I believe Sabre said before He is an ultra... ultra something er other... Which is quite the opposite of thinking the world revolves around ones self... and even if he did not, he's said stuff that's like, the opposite of that...

Can't speak for Sabre, but that's just what I see.

Anyways, I also don't think yeah shoulda made this topic, just cause i find opinions that put people down are better kept to oneself...

As long as it's up here... never mind can't think of anything to say, just cause I havena met any...

Guest Julius Quasar

Dare i say this O_o...

Just, well, I believe Sabre said before He is an ultra... ultra something er other... Which is quite the opposite of thinking the world revolves around ones self... and even if he did not, he's said stuff that's like, the opposite of that...

Can't speak for Sabre, but that's just what I see.

Anyways, I also don't think yeah shoulda made this topic, just cause i find opinions that put people down are better kept to oneself...

As long as it's up here... never mind can't think of anything to say, just cause I havena met any...

Oh...I must have missed that.  His ignorance threw me off.....

Still though, what he says in this topic is very presumptuous, ignorant, and offensive.  I lost friends to suicide in the past (none of them were Emos), and suicide is hard enough to discuss, without dismissing it as "attention seeking", or attaching it as a stereotype to a sub culture you know nothing about, nor do you know any people who are part of it (not "you" specifically ThePointingMan, I'm not accusing you of anything ;) ).

Guest Para Astaroth

Well, I am *Technically* an emo from what my friend's have stated, so this topic, by what I've read so far, doesn't really 'affect' me in any way, shape, or form.  To be honest, I just think this is just another point-given rants that is just leading to some 'possible' flame bait, so I'm just going to give my two senses on this:

I am emo, I like being emo, I hate cutting, I think suicide is REALLY retarded in some cases, and I'm proud that I can have the chance to ignore people that criticize over stuff like this.

People who are always a downer, are quite hard to be friends with, but sometimes a lot of stuff that's going on in thier life IS quite crappy, and sometimes they have no one to talk to about them. People like that shouldn't really be looked down upon, people who are DRAMA QUEENS maybe, but unless you know they're like that for sure, it's best not to shun them just for that.

Guest Julius Quasar

People who are always a downer, are quite hard to be friends with, but sometimes a lot of stuff that's going on in thier life IS quite crappy, and sometimes they have no one to talk to about them. People like that shouldn't really be looked down upon, people who are DRAMA QUEENS maybe, but unless you know they're like that for sure, it's best not to shun them just for that.

^ Well said, Falcory.

I think someone who, complaining about stereotype-based arguments, is creating negative topics about a stereotypical group with stereotypical arguments.

I'm going to leave this topic open for now...

I lost my emotions in high school, and while I used to have a similar opinion on such emotional extremity as Sabre, I have since learned that most people are far more emotional creatures than I. While I know they have the capacity to be damaged and keep going, as I believe everyone does, I think Sabre is missing the point that it's frankly near impossible for them to achieve purely by willpower. It's part of their brain chemistry. Some people are quite simply more depressed than others, regardless of how good or bad the circumstances.

I become depressed easily, this makes me an emo. :) I am an emotional person. I am also easily amused, can be very happy, and can be a cold hearted witch. Does this disqualify me from emoness? I think it  makes me more of an emo than those self-harmers.

Remember, labels are for soup cans. And when you shop in the real world, what's on the label is not always what's IN the can.

I become depressed easily, this makes me an emo. :) I am an emotional person. I am also easily amused, can be very happy, and can be a cold hearted witch. Does this disqualify me from emoness? I think it  makes me more of an emo than those self-harmers.

Remember, labels are for soup cans. And when you shop in the real world, what's on the label is not always what's IN the can.

Well said :)

I never understood that, emo, means emotional doesn't it, but emo's seem to be hiding their emotions.

Emo's as in a social group like goths. Goth is short for gothic, but there is a social group who has nothing to do with anything gothic. When we mention emos, were on about these types

It's a parody of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQIcdGg63I

Guest Julius Quasar

For the record:

Emos are not self harmers, that's not what being an Emo is about.  Emos are fans of Emo music, and part of the emo subculture.  Many Emos I know are actually quite happy-go-lucky.  They like to mix black with bright neon colors (especially in their hair).  They enjoy retro pop culture that's got "Camp" value to it (tacky, but cute/funny).  They kinda remind me of Tricky, personality-wise.  They like things like roller rinks, silly, funny things...stuff from the past.

Goths are not a bunch of necromancers, devil worshipers, or chain smoking delinquents.  Goth is about enjoying darker, macabre, esoteric, and unique aspects of life, life beyond life, some occult or spiritual culture.  Goth is also about enjoying music of many kinds, not just EBM, Powernoize, Intdustrial, Electronica, Darkwave, Techno-Pop.  Goth is being unique in your lifestyle and thinking.  Being a non conformist, but being casual about it at the same time.  Goths have their own opinions, ways of thinking, and don't let others allow them to feel bad for how they live, dress, think, chose, or express themselves.  Self expression, especially creative self expression, is a major cornerstone of Goth.  Goths are very outspoken, but they are not self centered, arrogant, vain, stuck-up, elitist, closed minded, excluding snobs.  Unfortunately, there are some Wannabe Goths who adopt that attitude, they call the other goths they don't know/understand a "poser, fake goth, Emo, f@g, etc.".  Those idiots are an embarrassment to Goths.

Punks are fans of Punk music, and part of punk subculture.  Punk is about deviating from the norm, rebelling against conformity.  Punk does NOT, however, mean breaking the law, vandalism, excessive drinking, smoking and drug use.  Punks don't pick fights with random strangers, they don't go around with baseball bats, smashing up cars.  They definitely don't go around busting out traffic signals and street lights in the late evening/early morning hours.  Punks have a very patchwork style in their fashion, their posters for bands, events, etc. are usually made in a collage style.  Originally it was done that way due to lack of money, but it also became the general face of Punk.  Is Punk about anarchy?  Well, in theory and song, Punks like anarchy, but in practice, few of them do. 

Goth evolved as an offshoot branch from Punk.  Goth is more deeper, thoughtful, dreamy, and spiritual than Punk.  Emo may have come from Punk as well, but that's up for debate.  Emo is about happy go lucky, campy/kitchy styles, and just having lots of fun.

Well I've never seen any emos like that. They have all been self harmer whine about bugger all types. Goths I've never got on with either. There's a punk who cleans my windows. Has his own band too.

On a related note.

funny-graphs-like-metal.jpg

Guest Julius Quasar

Well, emos are very...off the wall...

Now this isn't exactly emo, but it reminds me of emo, there's this TV program on Adult Swim (cartoon network) called "The Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job" that kinda has an "emo" accent to it.  Unless you've seen the show before, than I don't think you'd understand what I mean by that.  Emos also like zany, wild fun stuff like silly, backyard acrobatics, childish non-malicious pranks, silly skits or stunts, "The Bouncing Cupcake" or "Water on the Brain" (don't ask, I don't know what those mean) and some telephone push button tunes.

Emotional people are different from emos, which is a mistake a lot of people do. I consider myself a very emotional being, and I let my emotions take the best and worst of myself.  That being said, I personally dislike people that go "the world hates me, everything is unfair, why me, why me, why me?, Everyone is against me!, I don't want to do anything cause it's going to suck anyways.etc" all the time, sure, bad luck exists , but self-improvement and hardwork also exist.

Aww... is cute kitty avatar person depressed? *cough* sorry had to say that k_e_smile.gif

Bleck, non-conformists!

I extremely dislike non-conformists, there just as bad as conformists...

Bleck, non-conformists!

I extremely dislike non-conformists, there just as bad as conformists...

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but non-conformity doesn't exist anymore, given the number of them. That sure does make them seem like conformists, doesn't it? :P