Who do you think is the best SF fanartist?

Asper Sarnoff

Just that, which one of the countless artists making fanwork of the SF characters do you think does the best job?

Keep in mind we're talking SF fanart as a whole, not about artists which have made a couple of images of only one single character.

I think Nejinoki, Vixvargas and WhiteFox89 all have done som amazing work, and deserves to be mentioned among the best SF fanartist.

What do you think?

FredrykPhox , and Samantha Weltzin :x

FredrykPhox is certainly one of the best...well, for cartoons maybe.

I'm gonna go old-school (it's possible these people no longer go by these names):

JuJu

Bliss Greycloud

Mary Beth Kiczenski

China Hartz

VixVargas

If I had to pick a best, it would be a close call between Mary Beth and Bliss.

I'm gonna go old-school (it's possible these people no longer go by these names):

JuJu

Bliss Greycloud

Mary Beth Kiczenski

China Hartz

VixVargas

If I had to pick a best, it would be a close call between Mary Beth and Bliss.

Do you have any links to any of their work? With the exception of VixVargas, which I recommended myself as well, and China Hartz, which I haven't seen much Starfox fanart from, those are all new to me.

What is often a real shame with these older artists is that they have continued to improve their skills since the time they drew most of the SF fanart, and when they feel their old drawings are no longer up to their standards, they are removed from the internet.

Chrono, Fredryphox, Rhyfe2002, Asper, Starfoxmccloud15, Para Astaroth...

Nah, stop kidding around Julius. I ain't no artist! :lol:

Thanks anyway.

Do you have any links to any of their work? With the exception of VixVargas, which I recommended myself as well, and China Hartz, which I haven't seen much Starfox fanart from, those are all new to me.

What is often a real shame with these older artists is that they have continued to improve their skills since the time they drew most of the SF fanart, and when they feel their old drawings are no longer up to their standards, they are removed from the internet.

Check out the fanart section of http://www.sfx64.com . It uses frames, it hasn't been updated since 2002, and the navigation is terrible (artists are in a drop down menu that appears in a new frame above the main one [ugh... Was this design actually acceptable back then? It's terrible...]), but it is a good snapshot of the way fanworks were back in the day. Bliss Greycloud goes by "Jenna D" and VixVargas is "Vix3000" on this site, BTW. One of the artists (Caitlin) has a pic of the Todora water dragons on Zoness. It is the only fanart of those things I have ever seen.

I'm suprised Puffy still pays for hosting on that site. If I were you, I would download anything that grabbed your interest, else it may end up gone forever before too long.

Guest Julius Quasar

Thanks, Julius, for liking my art.

I like Chrono's Non-Starfox characters and Tom, creator of TwoKinds.

You're welcome!

I also like Samantha's artwork, too, I saw his drawing of Krystal wearing that white outfit. :yes:

Check out the fanart section of http://www.sfx64.com . It uses frames, it hasn't been updated since 2002, and the navigation is terrible (artists are in a drop down menu that appears in a new frame above the main one [ugh... Was this design actually acceptable back then? It's terrible...]), but it is a good snapshot of the way fanworks were back in the day. Bliss Greycloud goes by "Jenna D" and VixVargas is "Vix3000" on this site, BTW. One of the artists (Caitlin) has a pic of the Todora water dragons on Zoness. It is the only fanart of those things I have ever seen.

I'm suprised Puffy still pays for hosting on that site. If I were you, I would download anything that grabbed your interest, else it may end up gone forever before too long.

Thanks. Will do.

I've seen a lot of good Star Fox fanart by WolfoxOkamichan (on deviantART and FurAffinity).  But my favorite Star Fox fanartist was an obscure Japanese artist named Toriitakanari (website gone).

[Pruned to save disk space]

You're welcome!

I also like Samantha's artwork, too, I saw his drawing of Krystal wearing that white outfit. :yes:

Samantha's a dude?  :shock: Jk.

SHE has good work XD

I remember that site! When I was first looking for a Starfox site to join when I was younger, that's where I was mainly intrested in showing some of my earlier "fanart". Heh, I didn't reliaze until later that it was a closed down site.

Those ones from Demont are great.

New artists hmm? I'd say Vixy, and a couple others I find on DA and even around here...  :lol:

I've seen a lot of good Star Fox fanart by WolfoxOkamichan (on deviantART and FurAffinity).  But my favorite Star Fox fanartist was an obscure Japanese artist named Toriitakanari (website gone).

Wolfox posted here for a while ( http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?action=profile;u=228 ), but he hasn't been around in a long time.

Wolfox posted here for a while ( http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?action=profile;u=228 ), but he hasn't been around in a long time.

I have heard of him, he's the anthro artist that does all those Star Fox characters that look like they went out at the gym for 6 months. Some of my friends like those Panther pics he has done a while back. Personally its a bit TOO much for my taste. Though his art style is awesome, to me they look like they took part in a "Powerthirst Ad".

• 4 weeks later...

Blackwingedheart87 She's just so talented and awesome.  :cool: