Prehistoric animal you would LEAST like to meet...

Asper Sarnoff

Which one of these prehistoric beast scare the most crap out of you?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these prehistoric beast scare the most crap out of you?

• Deinonychus
    • Dunkleosteus
    • Giganotosaurus
    • Megalodon
    • "Predator X"
    • Sabertooth Tiger
    • Spinosaurus
    • Tyrannosaurus Rex
    • Other(Please specify what and why.)

Imagine you were dropped straight into the dining table of one of these cuddly creatures... Which one would you rather avoid?

BTW, several, if not most of these pictures depict these creatures in a somewhat inaccurate way. I figured that would be okay since I, and probably Sabre, are the only ones who know much about the subject, and I wanted the badass factor.

Deinonychus

You've probably seen this in action in the Jurassic Park movies, tough there it was named after its smaller cousin, the Velociraptor, which would hardly have reaced an average person to the hip in reality.

velociraptor.jpg

Dunkleosteus

Ten meter long armored fish with a bite like a guillotine.

skill_dunkleosteus.jpg

Giganotosaurus

One don't get much bigger than this. An Allosaurus on stereoids.

Giganoto_detailLG.jpg

Megalodon

The prehistoric big brother of the great white shark, with the most powerfull bite in history.

megalodon.jpg

"Predator X"

Cool name... What's even cooler about this newly discovered(By my childhood idol, Jørn Hurum.) Pliosaur is that its estimated biteforce is about 16 tonnes, four times that of a T-rex.

predator_x.jpg

Sabertooth Tiger

Not your ordinary pussycat...

Sabertooth.jpg

Spinosaurus

I don't like it, it stole T-rex's thunder. But there is no getting away from the fact that it's the largest carnivore we know have ever roamed the earth, if we go by length. (The sail was a double-edged sword tough, it allowed it to stay warm and active, but bending it to far would break Spinos backbone.)

Raging_Spinosaurus_by_KaijuSamurai.jpg

Tyrannosaurus Rex

The Elvis of the dinosaurs, a living legend that I shouldn't even have to remind people of how much of a beast it was.

jurassic_park_movie_image_t_rex__1_1.jpg

So, what will it be?

Guest Julius Quasar

The Megalodon.

I hate sharks, I f***ing hate 'em!  I have nightmares about them.

I'm glad the Chinese are poaching and mutilating them to make their famous "shark fin soup" (delicious, but expensive).

The Megalodon.

I hate sharks, I f***ing hate 'em!  I have nightmares about them.

I'm glad the Chinese are poaching and mutilating them to make their famous "shark fin soup" (delicious, but expensive).

I've got a love/hate relationships about sharks. I find them to be fantastic creatures, but I also fear them in some way. They can't be tamed or controlled, they are perfectly adapted to their enviroment, and have excisted virtually unchanged for so many million years.

I wouldn't want any species to die out for good, but there are hundreds of species, not counting insects, which I'd rather let go than the sharks.

Guest Para Astaroth

I'd have to say the Megalodon, for what would you do if you were submerged underwater about fifty, or more, yards and all of a sudden see a sihlouette of a shark, then thinking it isn't that big.  All of a sudden, you see it come closer, then disappear.  Looking around, you wonder where it would be, then you realize they strike mostly from below to gain velocity and catch their prey off guard, then helplessly look below yourself to see it's massive mug open it's jie-normous mouth with teeth the size of a football, or rugby ball, and slamming down with you inside.

That...  Just gives me chills by thinking about it... O_o

The megalodon, I'm scared sh*tless of open water, and a marine predator that big.....yikes  :shock:

i like predator x and wasn't predator x suspose to be 10x better then the t rex or am i thinking of something else cause the history channel said so.

Badarse is good.

The 'raptor' for me. I've met a real T-rex, twince in fact. They seem smaller then in the films, but they are huge up close.

The reason I picked the raptors. Like finding half a cockroach in your dinner, only finding 1 is bad. Also they can talk and have machine guns.

/geek

Dunkleosteus. If I'm gonna be eaten, I'd wanna be eaten by the coolest looking thing, and the Dunkleosteus  is not the coolest one there. I'd have to say Megalodon for the one I'd most like to meet, Sharks are awesome, now A large version of a shark, just :o AWESOME!

Deinonychus mainly, althrough Saber Tooth tiger is also

quite bada**. Both off these would rip me a limb and eat

it while I am screaming... Da*n it!  :evil:... well, at least

they are cool, are not they?  :lol:

It this topic were about the "I like most", I would

preffer a Brachiosaurus (sorry I can not spell it correctly

in English, but they are those with the LOOONG necks).

I would love to climb up to their head!

While I do love sharks a great deal (beautiful creatures), and I do hold much respect for Carcharodon Megaladon, I even have a fossilized Megaladon tooth, I went with other, with the other being a Utahraptor. Every other raptor species is rather tiny, the Utahraptor is the only giant raptor known to of existed. The raptors in Jurassic Park were not actually Velociraptors, but Utahrapors, a real Velociraptor comes to about your knee cap, and the Deinonychus comes to your hips. Like all raptors, the Utahraptor was intelligent, adaptive, and hunted in groups, coupled with it's incredible running ability and lethal killing claws (essentially the big toe), I would not want to be remotely near one.

Oh wait, I didn't realize the question was different then the topic, although I'd least like to see the Dunkleosteus, the one that would Scare the most crap outa me would definitely be the one I wanna see the most, the Megalodon, that thing would scare all of my vital organs outa me.

Personally I would not be so scared off big animals.

All I would have to do is to lure them to a bigger, more

'common' prey.

And if they catch me, I am pretty sure they mandibles

would crush me fast enought to not feel any serious pain...

A thing the smaller ones would certainly make me feel.

DRL: "Hey you freakin´ raptor, that leg was ORIGINAL!!"

i like predator x and wasn't predator x suspose to be 10x better then the t rex or am i thinking of something else cause the history channel said so.

Better? How so? It's bite was four times as strong, but that's about it.

Don't believe everything you watch on television, or read on the internet either for that matter.

While I do love sharks a great deal (beautiful creatures), and I do hold much respect for Carcharodon Megaladon, I even have a fossilized Megaladon tooth, I went with other, with the other being a Utahraptor. Every other raptor species is rather tiny, the Utahraptor is the only giant raptor known to of existed. The raptors in Jurassic Park were not actually Velociraptors, but Utahrapors, a real Velociraptor comes to about your knee cap, and the Deinonychus comes to your hips. Like all raptors, the Utahraptor was intelligent, adaptive, and hunted in groups, coupled with it's incredible running ability and lethal killing claws (essentially the big toe), I would not want to be remotely near one.

I figured with including it, but because it was so so big that it lost much of its advantages with speed and coordinated pack-hunting that its smaller relatives posessed, I didn't.

The raptors in Jurassic Park was Deinonychuses, not Utahraptors tough.

Here's a size comparison. As you can see, the Utahraptor is way to large.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Utahraptor_size_estimate_chart.svg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Deinonychus-scale.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fb/Vraptor-scale.svg

Don't believe everything you watch on television, or read on the internet either for that matter.

I figured with including it, but because it was so so big that it lost much of its advantages with speed and coordinated pack-hunting that its smaller relatives posessed, I didn't.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Utahraptor_size_estimate_chart.svg

i heard theres a dinisoaur that has more speed and more fierce then the T rex but i don't know witch one it was.

Actually, the raptors in Jurassic Park were based off the Utahraptor, was found the morning that Spielberg's people called Robert T. Bakker about a giant raptor, and he had nothing to give them, then a few hours later, they discovered the Utahraptor, Bakker even wrote a fiction based on the Utahraptor they discovered, named her Raptor Red. The "Big Mama" raptor in the movie was actually based off the skeleton of Raptor Red.

Any of the water-based ones.

I HATE fish. HATE HATE HATE fish. And I can't swim fast enough to out-swim them. At least on land I have more places to hide and I can run faster and can climb trees and stuff.

Any of the water-based ones.

I HATE fish. HATE HATE HATE fish. And I can't swim fast enough to out-swim them. At least on land I have more places to hide and I can run faster and can climb trees and stuff.

True, but you don't live in water, you do live on land.

Those dinos with the poison and thrills Jurassic Park, for some reason I'm afraid of poisonus animals.

Dilophosaurus. A very early dinosaur, which there has been no proof for that it had neither shrills or venom.

It's however likely that many predatory dinosaurs had tons of bacterias in their mouth, due to the rotting meat stuck between their teeth, similar to how the Comodo dragon has.

The Comodo dragon, which is the worlds largest lizard, use this to its advantage when it bites large prey, and leaves them to die to the infection caused by its filthy jaws. It's possible that some dinosaurs employed the same tactic.

i heard theres a dinisoaur that has more speed and more fierce then the T rex but i don't know witch one it was.

There excisted dozens of dinosaurs larger than Tyrannosaurus Rex, and many, many more who was faster and more fierce. You're probably talking about a predator, in which case you're talking about either Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus.

Actually, the raptors in Jurassic Park were based off the Utahraptor, was found the morning that Spielberg's people called Robert T. Bakker about a giant raptor, and he had nothing to give them, then a few hours later, they discovered the Utahraptor, Bakker even wrote a fiction based on the Utahraptor they discovered, named her Raptor Red. The "Big Mama" raptor in the movie was actually based off the skeleton of Raptor Red.

That's new to me, and believe me when I say I know everything about dinosaurs and Jurassic Park.

Everything I've heard to this date was that the dromeasaurids in JP was based on the Deinonychus.

Dilophosaurus. A very early dinosaur, which there has been no proof for that it had neither shrills or venom.

It's however likely that many predatory dinosaurs had tons of bacterias in their mouth, due to the rotting meat stuck between their teeth, similar to how the Comodo dragon has.

The Comodo dragon, which is the worlds largest lizard, use this to its advantage when it bites large prey, and leaves them to die to the infection caused by its filthy jaws. It's possible that some dinosaurs employed the same tactic.

There excisted dozens of dinosaurs larger than Tyrannosaurus Rex, and many, many more who was faster and more fierce. You're probably talking about a predator, in which case you're talking about either Spinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus or Giganotosaurus.

That's new to me, and believe me when I say I know everything about dinosaurs and Jurassic Park.

Everything I've heard to this date was that the dromeasaurids in JP was based on the Deinonychus.

http://www.history.com/videos/predator-x-revealed#predator-x-revealed watcg this

I'm scared of the Megalodon. Creeps the soul out of me.