What's more annoying when inputing a command prompt in a game?

Sol-Ratcht Saporro

What peeves you the most? When you have to.....  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What peeves you the most? When you have to.....

• Keep mashing buttons
    • Continuously Rotate the Joystick

Ah, remember when the N64 came out and the hype was crazy? Remember when Mario Party first launched and you HAD to get your hands on it somehow? Remember when you and some buds spent countless hours playing through each board and competing for coins in mini-games? 

Ah, the blisters, muscle spasms and the memories.  :D

Even if you didn't play the original Mario Party there has to be some game that required you to mash buttons like a madman or rotate the joystick continuously. I'm just wondering which one of these tasks seems more annoying to you. For me, it's mashing the button continuously. I CAN'T do it. I'm telling you my reflexes suck and I get tired after like 2 seconds. Back in the day when games really wanted you to mash the button, I just ended up failing and I would have to ask my bro or my friend to do it for me.

So, out of these two commands prompts if you will, which one would seem like the bigger evil to you?

When I saw "Command prompt" I thought you might be referring to PC DOS games.  Damn I'm too old school :)

I voted for mashing buttons btw, I have never had problems rotating control sticks.

When I saw "Command prompt" I thought you might be referring to PC DOS games.  Damn I'm too old school :)

I voted for mashing buttons btw, I have never had problems rotating control sticks.

That's what I thought too, and I'm not even that oldschool.

I THINK WHAT THE OP MEANS IS "Quicktime Events". And for those I have to say Control Stick QTEs. Buttons are easily picked up when you press them, but no matter how many times I mash my stick around for QTEs, I -never- seem to get them to work.

Hehe, I also thought of DOS PC games! :D

I really don't mind either actually.  Mashing buttons is annoying, but it's not too bad for me, and rotating an analog stick is easy (as long as the stick is comfy, :lol:)

LOL what is with y'all thinking about PC DOS? I was thinking QTEs and mini games. Maybe I should have been a little more clearer in my first post. :lol:

@crazyfooinc But which one peeves you MOAR?

LOL what is with y'all thinking about PC DOS? I was thinking QTEs and mini games. Maybe I should have been a little more clearer in my first post. :lol:

@crazyfooinc But which one peeves you MOAR?

I think rotating the analog stick peeves me a little more.  Then again, I was stuck on the torture chamber area in MGS1 because you repeatedly had to press the A/circle button.  Alright, how about they can both be INCREDIBLY annoying under certain circumstances? :D

The term command prompt is most often referenced when dealing with any version of MS-DOS. It's been that way for decades and still going...even though DOS is most obsolete :P

^Aha...I see now. Thanks. I do see the term command prompt is used in dealing with PC controls now that y'all mentioned it.

the_more_you_know2.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=1C

The term command prompt is most often referenced when dealing with any version of MS-DOS. It's been that way for decades and still going...even though DOS is most obsolete :P

That is what I thought

when coming to this thread... :lol:

I like some DOS games too. :lol:

Personally I do not mind much either.