E3 2010

Sabre

I was really surprised that the Retro Studios project ended up being Donkey Kong Country! I'm pretty excited for that one really! It

The Kid Icarus game is something I'm looking forward to, my jaw hit the floor when I saw that it was a 3DS game, it looks like a Wii game!

And the Mario Sports Mix finally contains Hockey! I say its about time!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sabre

• OneUnder

• Robert Monroe

• Star Fox Runner

I don't think anyone expected Retro doing DK. I think the expectation was something darker.

But hey, they're talented. I know it will be a damn-good game.

I was doing some thinking, and I think I have an idea how the 3DS works with 3D.

Something tells me the screen itself is made with the same material as those goofy glasses! I'm sure there's some more complicated technology involved, but I got a feeling that plays a part in it.

I was doing some thinking, and I think I have an idea how the 3DS works with 3D.

Something tells me the screen itself is made with the same material as those goofy glasses! I'm sure there's some more complicated technology involved, but I got a feeling that plays a part in it.

The rumor for that is the use of Parallax Barrier technology from Sharp, who has been providing LCDs to Nintendo as of late.

Listening to that interview, random cuts clips over the top. In this interview, they mention that whenever they release a smash bros they get a ton of requests from fans demanding the full games, and they try to please them all, but they don't have the resources to please everyone, so they spread it out over what makes sense for what they want to do. Makes sense.

I don't think anyone expected Retro doing DK. I think the expectation was something darker.

But hey, they're talented. I know it will be a damn-good game.

No, lots of people were expecting it:

http://kotaku.com/5562475/rumor-metroid-prime-team-on-like-donkey-kong

I can't wait to get one of those 3DS systems. Does anyone know the release date? I know I haven't had my DSI xl for even a month now....but I'm sure I would get a decent price for it in a trade in.

If they come out with a new Star Fox for 3DS, I'll be one of the first people going down to reserve my copy.

I heard the 3DS will be released in March 2011

SOOOOO.

Did anyone see the Starfox 64 DS screenshots, or did I imagine that?

SOOOOO.

http://forums.starfox-online.net/index.php?topic=7339.0

SOOOOO.

They're really impressive.  But I think they will look better when the game actually comes out :)

Last of the big conferences. There are a bunch of smaller ones, but it's mostly demo stuff now.

Gabe turning up was easily the highlight of the show, and the trailer for portal 2 makes me excited to play it... on PC. The rest we had either seen before or wasn't very interesting. The very stiff looking ratchet and jak game is a perfect example of that. Great idea, looks bland due to waggle.

As someone who doesn't own any sony stuff this gen, there wasn't alot to make me think "Yes, this is what pushed me over to get one." Instead, some american who assume is famous comes on, mocks the very console they are ripping off, before shouting about being a mans man bloky bloke stuff that makes me want to be a femanist. Also this slogan of 'step up' is rubbish as I keep thinking my mam wants me to get a jar from the top shelf. MS was bad, but calling your potential customers names doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Well waddaya know?

They had a segment on E3 on one of the local news channels where I live, and when they showed a picture of the 3DS, it was one of the Star Fox 64 3D screens!!!!

^Pretty damn awesome. My news station only covered one game and it was centered around Michael Jackson and I think the Just Dance 2.

Well waddaya know?

They had a segment on E3 on one of the local news channels where I live, and when they showed a picture of the 3DS, it was one of the Star Fox 64 3D screens!!!!

[shadow=blue,left]AWEC00L![/shadow].

So I did some more watching and prodding....

-Metal Gear Solid 3 on the 3DS. omgwtf do want.

-Ocarina of Time remake ala SF64. DO WAAAANT.

-Kid Icarus. Looks good at any rate.

-Heard of an Assassin's Creed and a Resident Evil as well. Cool beans.

-Portal 2's trailer was ffffffffffffffffffffreaking sweet.

-Metroid Other M had a very bitchin 80s synth track to its damn good looking trailer

-Zelda: Skyward Sword looks AWESOME. I am so in love with the art direction I could die.

-Metal Gear Rising. CUT ANYTHING. EVERYTHING. PEOPLE. CARS. BUILDINGS. FRUIT. Do want.

This E3, for me, was a good E3.

I take back what I said earlier, this e3 has brought more to the table than I thought possible (in the industry's current state.) I simply can't wait for the 3DS, and all of it's awesome games announced so far (here http://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/).  I also can't believe a new NFS: HOT PURSUIT is coming.  There are going to be deep holes in my wallet for sure :D.

I heard the 3DS will be released in March 2011

Sweet. That's a month before my birthday.

Sweet. That's a month before my birthday.

Actually, they said it would be released between now and the end of their fiscal year, which ends in March 2011, so it could actually come out before then :D.

Kid Icarus: Uprising. That is all. Good day gentlemen. ^_^

I have something to say. Because I watched E3 yesterday, I had a very scary dream. My hayfever is really bad right now, so in my dream I found out that the congestion, puffy eyes etc. were caused by something artificial. I confronted Shiggy Miyamoto about it and he laughed evily and told me he had implanted microscopic noses into my face and that they were attacking my sinuses. He then threw his arms outwards at me and an army of tiny noses flew towards me. I equipped my gunblade and fought them all, but by the time I was finished, Miyamoto was gone. All of this was set on the E3 stage.

On topic, God of War looked fantastic, and so did the new Star Wars game. The background was stunning. Also, Call of Duty, that's already bought as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Just saw trailers for the new Donkey Kong Country and the GoldenEye remake.

Flippin sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I found out they are reviving Rush'n Attack (NES) for a new game! :D That was one of my favorite games of the 8-bit era, even if it was repetitive as hell! :D  Here's an interview by Mark from Classic Game Room with the associate producer, also here's the original NES art, the interview is below

rush-n-attack.jpg

rOgA_3nsTBs