WORST level in Star Fox 64

Sapphire

Oh, I know it's on the internet, but..I want one to call my very own...D:

My own... my only... my precious...

Aquas isn't hard, it's just got horrible sluggish pacing and forces you to spam B to see a fucking anything.

If i came across as saying it was hard, my bad, the intention was that it was irritating as all..

Sector Z is a pain, the only map I actually DON'T like going to. Your allies steal your hits on the missiles so you can't get the medal. I noticed the frequency in which enemies chase your allies is very high though, and that they don't really do damage to your allies Sooooooo I just don't save them, but still, I end up accidentally saving them a lot and just... BAD things happen on that map.

Sector Z is a pain, the only map I actually DON'T like going to. Your allies steal your hits on the missiles so you can't get the medal. I noticed the frequency in which enemies chase your allies is very high though, and that they don't really do damage to your allies Sooooooo I just don't save them, but still, I end up accidentally saving them a lot and just... BAD things happen on that map.

Your team is highly effective for once in their lives and this is a bad thing? Seeing them actually have an impact on events is a welcome sight. Furthermore, the set piece that is the great fox being ambushed is so dramatic. I thought it was good use of of existing assets to make an awesome level, especially given the level of interaction possible with the great fox itself. As for dealing with the missiles, use bombs wisely.

Your team is highly effective for once in their lives and this is a bad thing? Seeing them actually have an impact on events is a welcome sight. Furthermore, the set piece that is the great fox being ambushed is so dramatic. I thought it was good use of of existing assets to make an awesome level, especially given the level of interaction possible with the great fox itself. As for dealing with the missiles, use bombs wisely.

Degree of interaction = yes

Greatfox's scale = NO

Thats one thing that always bugged me about sector Z, your supposed to be able to fit 4 arwings, wing to wing in the hangar.. also when you go into the back bay.. how do you magically go down to the bottom hangar and maintain momentum?

Ah yes, that. The Great Fox is a lot smaller than you'd expect. Having said that, during the final cutscene it seems to have grown back to the right kind of size. As for the quick transition from docking to launching, I always assumed they did a rearm/refuel and lowered it using a lift of some kind, but in the interests of time skip it.

Now I think about it, Adventures introduced the idea of the Great Fox having transporter technology, so could just beam down to the catapults.

Even if they used a lift, the ships are still going pretty damn fast when entering, and i didnt see any securing cables to get it to rapidly slow down soo... i call shenanigans.

Team members actually doing something, yeah, that is nice, I mean, I do actually like the level as a whole, it has a good feel, but when you are trying to get the medal for it, or trying to just get as high a score as you can and your about to take down a missile when a team mates bullet finishes it off... it should at least give you something for contributing to its destruction.

I hate Sector Z because it's boring.

>woo fly around shooting enemies

>woo missle

>oh wait my wingmates killed it

>welp back to shooting enemies

I hate Sector Z because it's boring.

>woo fly around shooting enemies

>woo missle

>oh wait my wingmates killed it

>welp back to shooting enemies

Not to mention when you go the hard route, and Katt shoots down the missle for you then you lose your points for it. Bitch.

I do see a problem with Bolse. The problem is that unless you either failed at Fortuna or skipped it, then there's no boss as Star Wolf was already dealt with.

Unless the boss is actually the pointing thing that comes out.

• 4 months later...

Aquas isn't hard, it's just got horrible sluggish pacing and forces you to spam B to see a fucking anything.

Your TV has a brightness/contrast setting, you know. :trollface:

Your TV has a brightness/contrast setting, you know. :troll:

Yeah, like I'm going to alter my TV contrast for one level? That just proves how bad the level design is.

Yeah, like I'm going to alter my TV contrast for one level? That just proves how bad the level design is.

My TV's brightness by default at the time seemed good enough to me, for I could see just fine. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Aquas is my favorite stage in SF64. :P

Worst one? Probably Macbeth. I just hate it. It's annoying and long and… the boss is really hard and I'm not much of a fan of that type of planet.

Zoness,

I was terrible at dodging those search lights and always ran into things when trying to shoot everything for the medal. I don't think it was the hardest, but it was a bit irritating having my wings ripped off on accident because I collided with a building trying to kill one of those speeder things on the water.

I personally didn't enjoy Sector X that much. The boss wasn't really well thought out (It was basically a copy of Robotic Operating Buddy.) It wasn't that fun for me either. And, the fact that if you play through it, you have to got to Titania didn't really thrill me either.

Fichina (miswritten as Fortuna). It's boring.

I'm not the kind of guy looking for the highest difficulty possible, but that level was too easy... the venomian fighters were weak (even the official data stated these bandits were damn lame!) and the so-called menacing Star Wolf weren't that threatening. Sure they have some firepower and they really chase you, but a simple somersault was enough ("What the keck?!" anyone?) and the Wolfen itself couldn't pack a lot of damage.

I could have picked Sector z, but the fact your teammates are effective FOR ONCE is a good thing. The Lylat system is in danger? They don't care. The beers in the Great Fox are in jeopardy? They beat the hell out of Andross. Seems legit.

Fichina (miswritten as Fortuna). It's boring.

I'm not the kind of guy looking for the highest difficulty possible, but that level was too easy... the venomian fighters were weak (even the official data stated these bandits were damn lame!) and the so-called menacing Star Wolf weren't that threatening. Sure they have some firepower and they really chase you, but a simple somersault was enough ("What the keck?!" anyone?) and the Wolfen itself couldn't pack a lot of damage.

I could have picked Sector z, but the fact your teammates are effective FOR ONCE is a good thing. The Lylat system is in danger? They don't care. The beers in the Great Fox are in jeopardy? They beat the hell out of Andross. Seems legit.

Except they steal your points >:(

I don't really have a least favorite level because I love all the levels so much. I only get frustrated with a level if its hard to get a medal on like Sector Z.

• 1 month later...

Sector Z: its boring, theres almost nothing to shoot and theres no boss just missiles...

Katina: its just like sector Z, thers no boss and you shoot the same ship.

Solar: Everything looks the same its just a field of lava, and it dosent make sense that a ship can fly near the surface of a sun, or is it a sun? This has to be my least favorite level. If arwings can fly over high temperatures then why didn't nintendo add some enemy ships or battleships so you can shoot something besides rocks and Birds!?!?