Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion

Sapphire

-Ahem- Has anyone played Sonic XG yet? If you did.. I am planing out a 2D Sonic just like that with my character and the Sonic Archie comic characters!

First Sonic game I loved was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, sadly that was also the last Sonic game I loved. Never been really been a Sonic fan.

Sonic fans will NEVER be satisfied with anything Sega is ever gonna come out with.

That's because a decent amount of then have closed minds....no offense to anyone here. me? I'm just one of those guys that likes just about anything, so Sega's ideas don't bother me at all.

@Beau Skunk: yeah. one of many things are a limited edition sonic Wii Remote charger (its not what you think as far as how they get charged. the stand/charger is Sonic himself); they're giving it out to a random lucky winner(s) on Twitter during their Free Stuff Friday this week.

My first game system was a Sega Genesis and my first game Sonic 2.

I always loved the classic games like Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Kunckles, and Sonic Spinball.

I also like Sonic Adventures and Sonic Adventures 2 Battle.

I wasn't a big fan of the recent games though.

The reason is that it seems that Sega, rather that going to it roots, seems to be creating new characters for people to play. Don't get me wrong. I like new characters like Shadow. But it seems every game has a new character.

I do like the new Sonic 4 series. It is Sega's chance to go back to its roots.

I would be happy that Sega creates games that are 2D/3D like Sonic 4 or 3D like Sonic Adventures.

• Like 1

I will admit, I prefer the SA games, and "Sonic Heroes" over the newer ones personally.

I have nothing against playing as other characters personally. (Or at least preferablly the older ones like Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.)

Actually, most recent Sonic games have had you only play as Sonic, and Sonic alone, or Sonic and another Sonic-like character. (Yes, even the "Warehog" was still Sonic, like it, or not.)

So I really don't get why people keep complaining that the series has to many playable characters, and blame the decrease in "quality" only on that factor. The only characters added recently have been one-shot NPCs like Chip & Marine. (I actually thought Marine was pretty funny personally.)

If it's anything, I actually want a Sonic game where you can play as Tails, Knuckles, and Amy again. (Hey, her hammer attacks were kinda cool.) Maybe Sonic 4: Episode 2 will be like that.

-Ahem- Has anyone played Sonic XG yet? If you did.. I am planing out a 2D Sonic just like that with my character and the Sonic Archie comic characters!

I'm not much into fan-games personally, but that sounds cool. :) Nice to see somebody who appreciates the Archie Sonic comic characters. (Like Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, and such.) I like the official comic series.

I will admit, I prefer the SA games, and "Sonic Heroes" over the newer ones personally.

I have nothing against playing as other characters personally. (Or at least preferablly the older ones like Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.)

Actually, most recent Sonic games have had you only play as Sonic, and Sonic alone, or Sonic and another Sonic-like character. (Yes, even the "Warehog" was still Sonic, like it, or not.)

So I really don't get why people keep complaining that the series has to many playable characters, and blame the decrease in "quality" only on that factor. The only characters added recently have been one-shot NPCs like Chip & Marine. (I actually thought Marine was pretty funny personally.)

If it's anything, I actually want a Sonic game where you can play as Tails, Knuckles, and Amy again. (Hey, her hammer attacks were kinda cool.) Maybe Sonic 4: Episode 2 will be like that.

I'm not much into fan-games personally, but that sounds cool. :) Nice to see somebody who appreciates the Archie Sonic comic characters. (Like Sally, Bunnie, Antoine, and such.) I like the official comic series.

I also like the characters from Sonic the Comic. :8):

Hey, remember that one Sonic fan game video I shared? Well it looks like some other fans have made an HD version of Sonic 2!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/16/fan-made-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-hd-remake-trailer-runs-loose/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner/Technical Admin

My first game system was a Sega Genesis and my first game Sonic 2.

I always loved the classic games like Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic and Kunckles, and Sonic Spinball.

I also like Sonic Adventures and Sonic Adventures 2 Battle.

I wasn't a big fan of the recent games though.

The reason is that it seems that Sega, rather that going to it roots, seems to be creating new characters for people to play. Don't get me wrong. I like new characters like Shadow. But it seems every game has a new character.

I do like the new Sonic 4 series. It is Sega's chance to go back to its roots.

I would be happy that Sega creates games that are 2D/3D like Sonic 4 or 3D like Sonic Adventures.

I started out exactly the same. My first game for my Genesis was Sonic 2. It's probably the only Sonic game that I have not really fully mastered. That, and Sonic 1. Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles were by far my favorite games. I enjoyed Spinball, as well as Sonic 3D Blast..

I loved Sonic Adventure 2. I'm eagerly awaiting it to come out on XBLA.. I've already played and beaten Sonic Adventure and I'm playing Sonic 4 now.. I haven't gotten bored with it yet.

When Sonic 4 first came out, I bought it and played it. I hated it, it just didn't feel right. After a while of playing it, it grew on me, and now I love the game. I've beaten it a few times and unlocked Super Sonic.. which was a pain. Those special stages are difficult and fast paced.

I saw that one before. "Rouge the Mouse" & nose-less Tails anyone?

Here's another "nightmare fuel" Sonic-related commercial for you people.